Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:33:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The yobit exchange is a scam  (Read 298 times)
HUNG90 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:15:10 AM

I transferred NEM coin from Japanese Coincheck exchange to Yobit exchange more than a month ago and have not received.I contacted the floor directly by creating a ticket and twitter(https://twitter.com/YobitExchange) but did not receive any support. I contacted the fb site named yobit (https://www.facebook.com/yobitexchanger/) and received the reply as below. Is this a scam site? I'm suspicious of that

http://sv1.upsieutoc.com/2018/02/18/11111111.jpg
http://sv1.upsieutoc.com/2018/02/18/111111.jpg
Paractor

Activity: 274
Merit: 133

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:58:55 AM

They are not a very reliable exchange to use and have had many people saying their deposits have not been received to this day.
Only thing you can do is put in a support ticket and just hope for the best at this point. Sad

YUriy1991

Activity: 924
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:00:23 PM

Sam once came to this trading platform, first confused frequent hang of the exchange, and a long enrollment of funds, but when the funds disappeared into the unknown where, left it and do not go there anymore. I do not advise, from my own experience!

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:20:11 PM

Sorry about your loss. I hope you didn't send that 0.2eth you had. Seems they're desperate to scam as many people as possible. Imagine a cryptocurrency exchange asking for tokens to fix an issue on THEIR platform. Its very pathetic Angry. Now I've lost every bit of patience and respect I had for this exchange.

ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:24:36 PM

So they ask for 1 ETH then any old amount will do. Definite scam support.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:35:07 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 10:04:47 PM by warningsigns

Sam once came to this trading platform, first confused frequent hang of the exchange, and a long enrollment of funds, but when the funds disappeared into the unknown where, left it and do not go there anymore. I do not advise, from my own experience!

I read your post about 5 times and I'm still confused. Was this something given to you by Google translate?  Huh

As for Yobit, they are notoriously unreliable. Expect slow motion support from them when you need anything resolved. Definitely not an exchange to use if you hate waiting or if you want first class service.

Never store coins on Yobit or on any exchange, for that matter. Remember, they have, own and control the private keys. You don't have access to those keys so in essence any coins you send to their hot wallets are no longer yours during the entire time they are stored on their system. They are only yours again when and if you manage to retrieve them. It might seem like the coins are yours, given you have an account with them but that information is just a digital representation of what they claim you own.

To put this into perspective, let's assume you deposited your car and it's keys into XYZ car exchange and you now log into your account with them. The balance says you have "1 BMW 7-series" but it's just that... words on your laptop screen claiming you have it. The actual car is with the exchange and they have the keys to that car. You might feel happy and wealthy and perhaps even brag about it to your friends.. maybe even post a screen shot of your "BMW" balance on Instagram or Facebook but at the end of the day it's still just a screen shot. The car is not physically in your possession so you can't really say you own it.

Going by this lengthy analogy, Yobit owns the coins during the entire time those coins are on their system. You only own them again if you succeed in moving them back to a wallet with private keys you and you alone know, own and control. Knowing Yobit, that's a big if.

HUNG90 (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:24:28 PM

I did not send eth to them. It is a pity if you lose your NEM sent to the yobit exchange
Quixodus

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:45:19 AM

YOBIT is a scam. They stole 1 million FJC from me via their broken withdrawal system. After a week of trying to get it back, they have banned my account for complaining too much. If you try to mention the problems in the trollbox, you get laughed at then banned.

This site is a disgusting scam run by thieves. I really, really hope something awful happens to them soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: