Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:45:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Had some bitcoin chat today!  (Read 426 times)
SPC_Bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Coffee makes it all better!

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:44:04 AM

Wanted to share a little story, Friday, last week, I found a bitcoin postcard at a local café, I had heard about them previously in the "blogosphere" but after seeing the card, I decided to do more research.

Today, I saw a guy loading a tower into his car and I went up and asked him if he knew what bitcoin was, he said yes. We had a great conversation about it, his opinion was, good for speculating, we talked about risk, possible adaption in China, the "authorities" etc. I mentioned the legal and financial difficulties with MtGox.

No he doesn't trade, mine, or know anyone else around who is using bitcoin. I'll keep asking around. I got the crazy idea of swap meets, where cash meets miners, and we instantly trade in person.

NEVER GOT PAID.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:52:01 AM

Ya that is a no brainier. The reason it doesnt happen is because next to no one would show up. I am going to sell coins at the NC state fair grounds at the flee market when I move back to Raleigh. I dont expect to get any real volume of sales, but we will see. 
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 04:49:04 AM

I think you can do face to face meets with people on local bitcoins...

sasuke234

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:49:21 AM

face to face, all cash transactions are the way to go. Just use common sense of course.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: