Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:01:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! mac mini doesn't recognize all the usb miners using anker 9+1 hub  (Read 943 times)
zpply (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:47:12 AM

Wow. I've posted on a few different locations around here trying to get this going with no luck. I've got a mac mini with anker usb hubs 3.0 9 + 1. I can't get all the eruptors to all show up on the hub. I've tried different combinations, I've tried connecting the hubs first then plugin each erupt ors one by one - first hub fills up ok. second hub gets to 6 then won't recognize 7,8,9 and 3rd hub doesn't recognize anything.

I've tried having the eruptors already connected then plugin the hubs into the mac mini by usb and it randomly lights up a few eruptors on each hub - really weird. Doesn't seem to recognize more then 15/16 - I have a total of 25

Mac mini is new running 10.8.4

I've installed these drivers for the USB miners - http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx

Not sure what else to do? Only thing I can think of is installing Windows 7 via bootcamp and trying to see if windows will recognize all the hubs and eruptors.

Is it the mac mini is it os x - what the hell!
xsfgsdrwe

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:02:26 PM

can i run the usb eruptor direct from computer usb?
would x6400 interfere with usb block eruptor

in addition i also problem setting up on cgminer.
using 3.1.1 or 3.2

or can i run all via mpbm?

running on windows 7 x32
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:11:10 PM

It actually looks like a limitation in OSX and the type of drivers that are used.  A quick Google shows that there are others having USB issues with all items in general once they get past 8 or 9.  Doesnt look like OSX supports that many devices connected at once.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
zpply (OP)

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 09:18:28 PM

from all my testing it does appear to be something with OSX. I'm working on running Windows 7 and Windows XP by VMWare and see if I can get this resolved.
madcratebuilder

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:44:03 PM

Each eruptor in the hub requires 0.5 amps.  If you have a 2.0 amp psu you can only run 4 eruptors, anything more and you start to have problems.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:57:47 PM

from all my testing it does appear to be something with OSX. I'm working on running Windows 7 and Windows XP by VMWare and see if I can get this resolved.

I had terrible luck with WinXP.  But Win7 was very easy to get working.

Does VMWare allow VM's direct access to the USB ports?

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: