Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:34:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins vast overvaluation  (Read 4874 times)
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:12:03 PM

I have an idea for a coin that would make bitcoin a thing of the past. One that incentives sharing instead of hoarding.
If only controlling market forces were that easy.
If you have something is thought to appreciate it will be hoarded, it is the most logical thing to do. If you increase the value of that item each time it is traded to avoid hoarding then you will have to inject more money into the system. But who's money? I like Satoshi's system. It works on the simplest market model of supply and demand. Free markets are brutal, volatile, and fair. Trying to social engineer kindness into the system seems unachievable without centralization. That always ends in gaming the system. For example, fiat currency.

I like your response here it is at least thoughtful, People dont hoard dollars, because they are not money but currency. Bitcoin is worthless as money it is excellent as currency. Gold is money Oil could be money, BItcoin not so much.
xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:35:21 PM

I have an idea for a coin that would make bitcoin a thing of the past. One that incentives sharing instead of hoarding. Let someone come out with a coin that pays out a reward the more it is distributed to new market participants and shrinks in value the more centralized it gets.
[...]
Bitcoin is like this.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:45:59 PM

I have an idea for a coin that would make bitcoin a thing of the past. One that incentives sharing instead of hoarding. Let someone come out with a coin that pays out a reward the more it is distributed to new market participants and shrinks in value the more centralized it gets.
[...]
Bitcoin is like this.

No that is how it should be not how it is. The truth is that there is a base market for bitcoin which it the drug market that has to have coins to operate. So there is some real demand there but the bigger market is speculators who know that if they share their coins and put more of them in the market place then the value of their holdings will drop. So there is an powerful incentive for them to create artificial scarcity pushing the prices higher. They know they have to trickle coin on to the market or the price will crash. 
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:28:27 AM

[...]

It will not work, since you never can tell if those one hundred new addresses are belong to the same old person, if you can, then there will be no privacy at all, no one will use it Cheesy

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:39:02 AM

[...]

It will not work, since you never can tell if those one hundred new addresses are belong to the same old person, if you can, then there will be no privacy at all, no one will use it Cheesy

"I know there are a million considerations and tons of holes in the above statements, dont be a dick and say it can never work. It is just a concept."
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:48:02 AM

[...]

"I know there are a million considerations and tons of holes in the above statements, don't be a dick and say it can never work. It is just a concept."

There is personality too. Even if you distribute the world evenly to every person, after a while some of them will lose everything and some others will become super rich. No one can prevent this from happening

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:50:50 AM

[...]
Bitcoin is like this.

No that is how it should be not how it is. The truth is that there is a base market for bitcoin which it the drug market that has to have coins to operate. So there is some real demand there but the bigger market is speculators who know that if they share their coins and put more of them in the market place then the value of their holdings will drop. So there is an powerful incentive for them to create artificial scarcity pushing the prices higher. They know they have to trickle coin on to the market or the price will crash.  

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely not reality. Yes, speculation is driving most of the price, but millions are being invested into getting more of the public and more of the business world online and off, utilizing bitcoin. Again, you are just screaming at an infant about why it can't cook you dinner.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:54:11 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 04:09:05 AM by Raize

Wasn't Falkvinge the same jerk that silently bought $200k USD worth of BTC via person-to-person sale with magical tux as a middle man in April 2011, pumped Bitcoin on his blog in May 2011, and then subsequently dumped it en masse to those he pumped it to in June 2011? Why would anyone respect his opinion anymore aside from the fact that the original post where he tried to buy the Bitcoin is likely buried/hidden/deleted on here?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:00:48 AM

[...]

"I know there are a million considerations and tons of holes in the above statements, dont be a dick and say it can never work. It is just a concept."

It's kinda hilarious that you have a half baked idea and to deflect criticism you tell us that if we point out the " holes" we are being "dicks". Then you go on to say "that doesn't mean it can't work" after saying bitcoin, with its groundbreaking track record, isn't going to work.. How ridiculous is this?
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:22:16 AM

[...]

It's kinda hilarious that you have a half baked idea and to deflect criticism you tell us that if we point out the " holes" we are being "dicks". Then you go on to say "that doesn't mean it can't work" after saying bitcoin, with its groundbreaking track record, isn't going to work.. How ridiculous is this?

Such a fucking troll.. beat it fagot.

"I know there are a million considerations and tons of holes in the above statements, don't be a dick and say it can never work. It is just a concept."

Can you read? I never said that bitcoin wasn't gonna work. I said something else could work better.

Dont you have something better to do than be a little cock sucker. Hit the fucking ignore button troll! I am
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:46:19 AM

[...]

Such a fucking troll.. beat it fagot.

Can you read? I never said that bitcoin wasn't gonna work. I said something else could work better.

Dont you have something better to do than be a little cock sucker. Hit the fucking ignore button troll! I am

Quit crying, jezz.

I'm not trolling you. I'm just pointing out how obnoxious you are being. You're right, you didn't say bitcoin would die. You said bitstamp and coinbase would die. And again, you fail to recognize that the reason there is a month long verification process with coinbase is because they are being extra extra careful so that when the government does regulate that they will be in very good standing.

But until the government regulates bitcoin, bitcoin isn't going to become mainstream, it's too risky.

And all this takes time. So just quit whining about how it doesn't work so great right now. Trade your coins and be happy.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 10:24:21 AM

If you can't take any criticism of it why even mention it then ?

Proposal sounds a bit like communism where everyone is equal. Sounds great until you discover that some are more equal than others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: