Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:40:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoNight vs EquiHash/EtHash  (Read 278 times)
JCM (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:22:50 AM

Can someone explain to me why CryptoNight coins are so much harder to mine lately than the EquiHash and EtHash coins.
Coins such as Sumo and Elektroneum were always high in the list of WhatToMine as the most profitable coins, but now like the other cryptonight coins are far on this list.
nu1mlock

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:28:24 AM

Because more people have started to mine them or the value of the coin has gone down. It's not rocket science.
JCM (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:17:54 PM

Because more people have started to mine them or the value of the coin has gone down. It's not rocket science.
That was certainly not the case. In the pools were still about as many miners and the value of the coins often went up even more than eg ether.
Now you also see the number of miners drop, but the profitability still remains moderate.
So again: someone an idea what the cause is?
androstan1234

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:51:06 PM

Maybe a bunch of miners have decided that XMR is undervalued atm.
ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:58:48 PM

Generally if the coins are on top of whattomine.com then people start to mine them and they go down the list. Other coins go up on the list and people switch and these coins do also go down the list.

So maybe it is a good thing to mine coins that are not at top of the list and keep mining until they rise on the list again? If you go back in time a while you may remember that equihash coins have been on top of the list Before and now they are coming back. I would not be surprised if cryptonight coins will come back on top again in future. It goes in cycles.

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: