Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:42:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AIRDROP][BOUNTY] Marinecoin - Fast Eco-Friendly AI IoT Payment Network  (Read 4867 times)
Nylanian

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:32:22 AM

Update (Feb 27, 2018) on DISCORD Channel:  Today a new member jonn joined Marinecoin DISCORD and had a very good Q&A conversation with Core Dev Bruce Wayne.  In this conversation, Bruce disclosed quite many new exciting information on MTC's past, present and future.  

Bruce first addressed concerns on the supply of old Marinecoin issued in 2013  and explained that the total supply of old Marinecoin should be only around 150,000 MTC or  only tiny amount compared to 9.7 billion current total MTC supply. Yes, these old coins still exist today but they are insignificant.  

Bruce further stressed that Marinecoin is community based coin and there is no boss in this project and Marinecoin blockchain is controlled by guardians. Anyone can become a member of guardianship program with 10 million MTC signed wallet.

On the future of Marinecoin, Bruce said that "we will have Jarvis ICO after the completion of this 20,000 MTC seed members. We will offer Jarvis to up to 1 million people and 1 MTC = 10,000 Jarvis."   On Jarvis coin project, Bruce said that "you have to be a member of the guardianship program to access proprietary information about the project. You will need to buy 10 million MTC either from exchange or investor ICO  and finish the seed node verification process with your privately owned domain name. That domain name is hard coded in all GUI wallets. The minimum requirement is you operate at least full seed node and link a sub domain to that seed node."   Bruce explained that  all wallets are nodes but not all are seed nodes. The GUI wallet initial sync  and connection can only occur by a trusted full seed node, which only come from certified guardianship program. Guardianship is for life as long as the guardian maintains the server with current costs around 5 USD a month. Guardianship improves Marinecoin decentralization and removes the ability of making code changes that may harm the value of the MTC in the wallet. However, marinecoin network won't be slowed down even if no one signs up for guardianship.

Jonn asked if it is the plan to get the coin into daily life and how should  marinecoin and Jarvis coin being used for.   Bruce answered that  the question should really be "Does it have value?"   Marinecoin can be used anyway today or be converted to USD.  Marinecoin  can be used in any situation from nano payments between two lot with nearly zero fees to general use such as bitcoin.  Jarvis coin is part of Marinecoin it won't affect inflation.  One can only convert existing MTC to Jarvis. No Jarvis will be issued.  it will be created by sending MTC or destoyed by sending Jarvis to MTC.  1 MTC is 10,000 Jarvis.

jonn: "why are two coins needed?"  
Bruce:  "we will have hundreds of coins in the future for different interests and countries all issued by sending MTC.  You will be able to create a jonncoin by sending MTC and distribute it to anyone with your logo and they will be exchanged at any market where Marinecoin is accepted. "
jonn: "This is called Branding. got it"
Bruce:  "One example is my son plays the computer games on steam I will send 1000 MTC to his Jarvis wallet and he will have 10,000,000 Jarvis. I will tell him to share it with the other kids he is playing online games with. He will send 100,000 Jarvis to all of his friends in exchange for roblux etc.  At the end they will be back to MTC if needed to be converted to USD.  Jonncoin value will be fixed by a predetermined number to MTC, so you will end up spending real MTC to determine the jonncoin total circulating supply.  You can fix it to 1 to 10 or to a million jonncoin per 1 MTC"

jonn:  "understood.  so to become a guardian costs 10000000 mtc x 0.000029 = $290?"
Bruce_Wayne: "For now yes"

At end of conversation between jonn and Bruce, Bruce further disclosed  on the latest airdrop progress that Marinecoin seed membership surpassed 2000 last week. There are already 4000 f1cx exchange registrations and nearly 2500 of them are members in the Marinecoin forum.  Bruce also indicated that core dev team have all these people’s contact information SMS and emails and will start a massive campaign to motivate the community in the future.  

Honglu, I am so grateful for your contribution to this project. It's easy to lose track of conversations on discord, and this is such a fantastic summary. Thank you.
This is my first time hearing about the guardianship program, and an actual example of MTC and Jarvis used in a real life setting! It just got so much more exciting:)!!

One question though, is the guardianship program similar to masternodes?
Very bright future ahead MTC<3!!

I second what Starsailor said Honglu. Your summaries are exactly what the community needs, can't thank you enough for doing these!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Islampower

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:26:26 PM

Marinecoin Relaunch - Fast Eco-Friendly AI IoT  Payment Network

This coin development was originally started in 2013 and was launched initially in 2014. The coin was delisted in 2015.  Since late Jan 2018, Marinecoin is reborn with stronger technology and wider community support.

90% of maximum supply or 9 billion coins will be airdropped to the lucky 20,000 seed members in an equally fashion.  

Marinecoin,  Symbol  MTC

Total Circulating Supply: 9,762,000,000
Maximum Supply Cap: 9,999,999,999

AIRDROP

Percent of airdrop out of total maximum supply: 90%.

450,000 MTCs per person, limit to first 20,000 sign up.  As of Feb 18, 2018, roughly 2,000 people already signed up and obtained the airdrop.
Proof of Promotion, KYC is required to obtain the airdrop. For details on how to participate in the airdrop, please visit:

Home Page:   https://marineco.in/
Official DISCORD: https://discordapp.com/invite/zpQyDu6
Community Telegram: https://t.me/MarinecoinMTC
Community Telegram Ann: https://t.me/marinecoinAnn

Price Chart

Marinecoin/Dogecoin Trading Pair:
https://f1cx.com/markets/mtcdge

Exchange
f1cx
https://f1cx.com

Available trading pairs:  MTC/BTC , MTC/LTC,  MTC/DGE  
Feature: anonymous account signup and trading allowed.  Withdraw and deposit available for Marinecoin, Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin.
Trading Fee Fixed at %0.025
Withdraw Fees:  BTC - 0.0007,  LTC - 0.02,   MTC - 2,     DOGE - 2

Wallet

Windows or Mac OS  wallet download link will be emailed after SMS verified at exchange registration. The wallet download link is also posted in
Marinecoin forum at https://marineco.in/forum/

Major Project Update

Jarvis AI :  https://www.reddit.com/r/MarineCoin/comments/7ygbbc/update_feb_18_2018_ai_jarvis_core_dev_funding/

MTC Mining and Jarvis Coin ICO: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarineCoin/comments/8007ix/update_feb_24_2018_mtc_mining_jarvis_coin_ico/

MTC Guardianship Program and Seed Node: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarineCoin/comments/80u78w/update_feb_27_2018_guardianship_seed_node_jarvis/

Fast Block-chain

Marinecoin block-chain is 500% faster than Bitcoin's even on its default power save mode,
confirmation speed can be increased 100x times the default speed during busy hours of the day.

Eco-Friendly

The entire Marinecoin network confirmation system consumes the energy that equals to a single light bulb,
providing the safe peer to peer security no matter how much the network grows.

Low fees

Many blockchains reached their maximum capacity causing significant problems to their users. Marinecoin fast network provides essentially zero fees and timely confirmation.
This low fees feature is very important for IoT device machine to machine payment as high fees are typically not suitable for micropayments
 for AI or IoT transactions.

Resilient network
Marinecoin updated new settings protect the network from potential high-intensity attacks to disrupt the flow of payments.

This is what we offer

We Maximize Potential
 Lightweight source code, Marinecoin Core provides easy entry for developers at any level of skills to start their blockchain based projects, fast.
Github:  https://github.com/marinecoin/marinecore

Cutting-Edge Technology
  Blazing fast transaction & confirmation times. Lightweight core wallet which is suitable for IoT devices with low system resources.

Premium Exchange
  A coin has its own exchange f1cx.com funded by Marinecoin Foundation. Marinecoin own exchange provides liquidity from day one.

Community Driven
 Seed community driven, used by real verified individuals and developers.

Fair Distribution
  Marinecoin is distributed equally to an enthisastic seed commnity with the goal to create an exciting environment
similar to the early days of Bitcoin.

Friendly Support
 If you have any question about implementing Marinecoin into your production environment for IoT or any web based application, feel free to ask us for help.    

A project released in 2013, launched in 2014, the team behind has surely the gold experience in this area, it is with pleasure that I will take the market by marinecoin!
the idea of bouncing rejoices, we count on you to offer real perspective in the market with your news!

MarionWhite

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:20:18 PM

Hi
Are you looking out for the cryptocurrency of the future? If yes, please check https://marineco.in
The goal of Marinecoin is to revolutionize the world of the secret code and enhance it to something better and more effective. And again, besides a lot of scams ICO, it is fair and completely free 450 000MTC !!! Join our community here https://marineco.in/ico
honglu69 (OP)

Activity: 1547
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:46:13 PM

Honglu, I am so grateful for your contribution to this project. It's easy to lose track of conversations on discord, and this is such a fantastic summary. Thank you.
This is my first time hearing about the guardianship program, and an actual example of MTC and Jarvis used in a real life setting! It just got so much more exciting:)!!

One question though, is the guardianship program similar to masternodes?
Very bright future ahead MTC<3!!

Yes,  you are welcome.   This project had lots of hardship weeks ago as Bruce's BCT  ANN got deleted and his account is more or less banned here.  As early AIRDROP receiver I tried my best to help this project as much as I can and I think this project deserve a better attention and treatment in crypto-world.

I agree with you that, yes,  seed nodes controlled by guardians sound like masternodes.  They both offer new features for the coins and help the coin on either decentralization or speed improvement.  Functional wise,  I think  Marinecoin seed nodes from guardians are different from masternodes.  I think marinecoin feature is very unique and I do not know any other coins have similar features like Marinecoin.   For obvious difference,  the mining of MTC is not important and not required as explained by Bruce.  There is one
folk in Telegram is playing with MTC mining and was puzzled by the mining rewards as if the Marinecoin mining is just for play and for fun.  I know coins with masternodes are all serious on mining.  No other coins I know of are treating mining like MTC is doing now.
Costanza1

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:51:28 PM

Can anyone explain how this project is "dev-less" or incorporates artificial intelligence?

Website        ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆     ANN Thread
Whitepaper  The Future of Anonymous Trading    ◆ Twitter         
Discord        ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇      ◆ Telegram     
Nylanian

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:15:26 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 08:28:01 PM by Nylanian

Can anyone explain how this project is "dev-less" or incorporates artificial intelligence?

Hey Costanza1, short but great question!

I hopped in discord to have a discussion with the dev team’s pseudonym handle Bruce_Wayne about this topic. See below for a summary of that discussion. All these talking points have come from them, if you wish to discuss it further with them please hop in the discord and message @Bruce_wayne, they are open for discussion so long as they are online.

Caveat with this explanation: I am not a core dev or a dev of any type, just a passionate community member. I’ll do my best to explain it with this summary and apologize in advance if it just confuses others more:

The community is going to begin getting away from the term ‘dev-less’ as it seems to have negative connotations for potential new members. The original intention behind using the term Dev-Less was to highlight the fact that Marinecoin is NOT reliant on a core development or mining team to function/operate.

**Summary Starts Here**

MarineCoin IS dev-less when compared to the popular crypto term ‘developer’ and the immediate understanding of the role/power the title ‘developer’ holds in the crypto-sphere. Currently no crypto currency is fully decentralized no matter what they claim, they are extremely reliant on a core development/mining team. These core developers/mining teams are human and therefore subject to greed, emotions and manipulation by other more powerful influencers. As the Marinecoin network is maintained by a Self-Sustaining Artificial Intelligence, dubbed “Jarvis” by its creators, it is not subject to these potential human failing points.

The Marinecoin network is maintained by “Jarvis” a Self-Sustaining Artificial Intelligence whose source code is sealed for security purposes. The AI itself is decentralized as well, the maintenance it is providing is a service to the network with no direct relationship to Marinecoin’s own decentralization, they are separate. Anyone can maintain a network by managing full nodes and contributing to mining activity, the Self-Sustaining AI is replacing those functions that would normally be performed by humans. You can still mine Marinecoin if you wish, but it is not at all profitable nor is it necessary to operate the network, taking 3 years to mine 450000 MTC.

Anyone can technically become a dev for marinecoin independently without any rights to change the source code, but therefore all new software running on this network must be backwards compatible to the original core.

Bruce_Wayne additionally explained that they will be making a video demonstrating exactly how Jarvis interacts with the MTC network to better help explain all this.

Bill Gates once said "For the most difficult and challenging tasks, find a smart but lazy person to complete them. They will eventually come up with the most efficient way to accomplish this task." Jarvis is somewhat a product of this style Smiley ....Crypto currency maintenance is repetitive and tiresome, it involves doing the same things over and over again, perfect job for Jarvis.

**Summary Ends Here**

Hope this helps. I’d say shoot questions at me but I will likely not be able to answer them. You’ll be better off hopping in discord and asking the creators directly.
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 08:31:56 PM

this is a shitcoin, source is broken. no github links for a reason)) this is a joke, not a project)) https://github.com/marinecoin/marinecore

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:56:06 PM

this is a shitcoin, source is broken. no github links for a reason)) this is a joke, not a project)) https://github.com/marinecoin/marinecore

What do you mean the source is broken.  I just clicked the link to github, the source is there, not problem.
charlie137

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 12:21:51 AM

What do you mean the source is broken.  I just clicked the link to github, the source is there, not problem.

lol you can not compile that source

/__      ___ (  /    
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
Nylanian

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:50:11 AM

Charlie,

Did you actually try to compile it or did you just look at the code/instructions?

Asking because I haven't tried, the instructions are little too daunting for me and as a community member i'm interested to see. The F1 exchange, the MTC wallet and MTC coin all operate extremely well, but i haven't seen much regarding marinecoin core.

If you have tried compiling the code and ran into errors why not open a github ticket and highlight the error to the team instead of publicly shamming a new project on their ANN thread? Maybe attempt to help out a new project? There are many variables to take into account before shamming on something and quite honestly you not giving the team a chance to answer trouble ticket questions or potential errors with their source code should cause others to question your judgement as well.

If you're going to run around shamming on projects you could at least do said projects the service of explaining what problems you saw, when you saw them and why you feel the way you do about the project with more detail. It would be much appreciated.

honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:52:54 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 03:07:00 AM by honglu69

What do you mean the source is broken.  I just clicked the link to github, the source is there, not problem.

I can, I just did compile it successfully under Ubuntu 14.04 following the guideline in github.   I don't like your attitude of  blaming others joke/shitcoin when you yourself don't know how to do proper compiling job.

Here is result of the command  "marinecoind getinfo"  in my computer:

{
    "version" : 1000000,
    "protocolversion" : 70001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 45046,
    "connections" : 5,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 1.69297339,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1519958362,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}

honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:05:36 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2018, 01:21:52 AM by honglu69

Update (March 1, 2018): DISCORD Transcript - Dev-less Concept, Jarvis AI, Philosophy

Below is DISCORD Transcript of Conversation of Marinecoin creator and Dev Bruce Wayne with other community members  Covering the Concept of
'Dev-Less', Jarvis AI, Philosophy

Brightlight - Today at 2:10 PM
Are there any community members that can confidently explain how MTC is 'Dev-Less' and how it incorporates AI?

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 2:18 PM
1st facts, currently no crypto currency is decentralized, no matter what they claim, it’s just bullshit. The developer and their buddies the miners. 5 to 8 people can increase the total supply of BTC to 42 million, they can get together with agents of governments and code backdoors or openly create limitations to holders. After all they are human, they try to rationalize with their conscious but eventually they will give in to more powerful forces, willingly or unwillingly. Marinecoin is Dev-less it is the only decentralized crypto currency run by AI to maintain network specific tasks and its source code sealed

Brightlight - Today at 2:20 PM
so the AI with the source code sealed for security, is performing network maintenance tasks that otherwise would normally be performed by a Dev team and therefore is dev-less?

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 2:24 PM
Everyone can become a DEV for Marinecoin independently without any right to change the source code fundamentals thus all new software has to be %100 backwards compatible to original core

starsailor - Today at 2:25 PM
so the original core will never change, and if someone wants to build a new feature or something, that's going to be a new software that is built on top of the core?

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 2:25 PM
This doesn’t mean other than AI functioning as DEV there will not be other developers working on MTC

Brightlight - Today at 2:27 PM
 Ok i think i get that portion. Perhaps we should move away from the term 'dev-less' and focus more on 'self sustaining AI'?
apologies for my ignorance bruce, i'd like to understand as much as i can of all this so i can explain it to others on your behalf so you can focus on the bigger picture

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 2:29 PM
It is devless when we compare it the popular crypto term developer and the immediate understanding of the role and the power that title holds.

Brightlight - Today at 2:29 PM
i like that definition right there

marcmeh - Today at 2:30 PM
I have to agree with that while dev-less might be true in a technical way of speaking its psychologically associated to failed projects within the community

Brightlight - Today at 2:32 PM
i'm going to type up an attempt at explaining some of that. I'll PM it to you before i start using it to answer questions so you can quality check it. I dont want to give out bad info.

marcmeh - Today at 2:36 PM
to be honest i think bruce as the creator of mtc should post himself there
at least if that ann thread is not going to be deleted by bct again

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 2:38 PM
Ok, this is a new concept and first reader will always have hard time no matter what you say.

Brightlight - Today at 2:38 PM
i think bruce's account is still banned in bitcointalk

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 2:38 PM
I don’t use BCT anymore :smile:

Brightlight - Today at 2:54 PM
The AI that maintains the network, i'm assuming that it is decentralized as well then?

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 3:00 PM
Maintaining a network should be seen as a service by AI, decentralized as it may be it has no direct relationship to MTC’s decentralization because anyone can maintain a network by managing full nodes and contributing mining activity

starsailor - Today at 3:02 PM
so when do we get to see this AI in action?

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 3:10 PM
In the future probably will make a video of it, normally it’s server side process but for demonstration purposes desktop version of Linux  servers can be used to summarize how Jarvis adds new nodes jumping from server to server how it analyzes the network how blockchain is backup for emergency, how it decides, cases, demonstrate automatic compilation with new checkpoint, how it will leave breadcrumbs on the internet to connect with other trusted peers, these and more functionalities can be visually demonstrated. Most importantly how it will identify the Guardians

starsailor - Today at 3:12 PM
wow, it sounds awesome, but i think a video or a visual representation will definitely help the members understand the project better. It's very exciting.

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 3:13 PM
 You remember what Bill Gates said ?

starsailor - Today at 3:13 PM
i thought he says a lot of things! please enlighten me

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 3:16 PM
It’s on the telegram channel, for the most difficult and challenging tasks, find smart but lazy person to do it. He will eventually come up with the most efficient way of doing the task. Jarvis is I guess a product of that.

starsailor - Today at 3:17 PM
ah gotcha.

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 3:18 PM
Crypto currency maintenance is repetitive and tiresome, it involves doing the same things over and over again If AI is able understand what is going on analyzing the network telemetry data the rest is just repetition When you go under the hood it’s not that exciting really.

Brightlight - Today at 3:22 PM
you may not think so, but Jarvis is a shiny new thing. Lots of folks are going to be super interested in it. Exciting or not, it's new and fancy to them.

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 3:25 PM
 I meant code wise, I am also excited to be a part of a new movement

Brightlight - Today at 3:26 PM
haha..all code looks exciting to me! I'm an electrical engineer, prefer screwing around with hardware vs code myself :smiley:

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 3:29 PM
Smart move :thumbsup: don’t recommend coding to anyone these days even school children, coding will be AI within 10 years anyway why waste time knowing you will be put on the sidelines

Brightlight - Today at 3:31 PM
wow... @starsailor and i have been saying that for months now. We were looking into learning a language or two and came to the realization that coding in the future will all be done transparently in the background. Users may only generate flow charts for what they want the program to do and AI will write the code.
it's comforting to see others come to the same revelation

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 3:35 PM
You can clearly see when you use code correction software how far it has come, we will ask Siri to code a program tell the details we want in it by our voice may be as you said a few charts and your software or app will be ready for distribution. I am pretty sure they are very close to it.

Brightlight - Today at 3:48 PM
 agreed.
hey thanks for the discussion points, it's always enlightening chatting with you. I'm off for a bit, cheers everyone! I tried summarizing our discussion here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2971179.msg31364194#msg31364194

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 3:49 PM
 Ok see you later

YungHurn - Today at 3:53 PM
@Bruce_Wayne What do you recommend to people learning then?

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 4:29 PM
 Philosophy

starsailor - Today at 4:30 PM
@YungHurn how to become financially independent, by making the machines work for you and making money, instead of slaving ourselves to death.

starsailor - Today at 4:37 PM
@YungHurn Crypto & blockchains have the potential to free us from the current economy & society structure - 1% of population has 99% of resources. Common folks have no control. They get rich by ripping off the masses, and distracting us with political dramas, poverty, racism all kinds of social issues that divide us, instead of seeing it for what actually is, power gap. Crypto and blockchain tech i believe is the best tool right now to eliminate the power gap, at least reduce it, so that individuals have power over what's rightfully theirs, for example, personal data and money.

YungHurn - Today at 4:40 PM
@Bruce_Wayne  I heard several people say that, why do you think philosophy?

Bruce_Wayne - Today at 4:45 PM
@YungHurn By philosophy I don’t mean the dead German guys and what they used to think  200 years ago. Understanding the nature of our being and understanding how our minds work. What causes feelings and decisions once you grasp that then there is no limit what you can do. Philosophy in that regard if applied correctly can free the humankind, if you have that toolset than you can become an engineer a programmer a teacher anything you you want to become and make a difference
charlie137

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 04:35:46 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 04:59:26 AM by charlie137

What do you mean the source is broken.  I just clicked the link to github, the source is there, not problem.

Charlie,

Did you actually try to compile it or did you just look at the code/instructions?

Asking because I haven't tried, the instructions are little too daunting for me and as a community member i'm interested to see. The F1 exchange, the MTC wallet and MTC coin all operate extremely well, but i haven't seen much regarding marinecoin core.

If you have tried compiling the code and ran into errors why not open a github ticket and highlight the error to the team instead of publicly shamming a new project on their ANN thread? Maybe attempt to help out a new project? There are many variables to take into account before shamming on something and quite honestly you not giving the team a chance to answer trouble ticket questions or potential errors with their source code should cause others to question your judgement as well.

If you're going to run around shamming on projects you could at least do said projects the service of explaining what problems you saw, when you saw them and why you feel the way you do about the project with more detail. It would be much appreciated.

just read it. tried to compile after reading your reply tried to build and compiler failed on serialize.h and db.h
developers ignoring github, so i didn't post anything. sorry

i used to contact developers and post on discord. but developers are ignoring so why would i waste time while they counting their money and ignoring me lol)

/__      ___ (  /    
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
Nylanian

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:01:28 AM

Charlie,

just read it. tried to compile after reading your reply tried to build and compiler failed on serialize.h and db.h
developers ignoring github, so i didn't post anything. sorry

i used to contact developers and post on discord. but developers are ignoring so why would i waste time while they counting their money and ignoring me lol

No worries. I get that. In my experience with the creators of this project they've been very quick at responding to highlighted errors. I'll send your compiler failed information to their org box, maybe they will want to look into it. I'm seeing on the github there is an open trouble ticket as well that hasn't been fully closed out but they were having discussions with the individual trying to compile the code. I'll ask about that as well. I don't have a coding background so I haven't looked into their github very hard....

Anyways, thanks for trying to compile the source code. Based off of how long the instructions are i can imagine it took some time to attempt. Feel free to hop in Discord (https://discord.gg/C6JnDJv) and have a discussion with the creator's handle (@Bruce_Wayne) yourself sometime if you care to. They are online western European hours i've found.
jdoi

Activity: 34
Merit: 4

Hi

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:44:49 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 10:58:50 AM by jdoi

I can confirm I could compile the source on Ubuntu 16.04 as per the instructions on github. I could start marinecoind and get the info as below:

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:   Ubuntu
Description:   Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
Release:   16.04
Codename:   xenial
$ marinecoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 1000000,
    "protocolversion" : 70001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 1304,
    "connections" : 3,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.00047322,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1519987065,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}

I also tried compiling on Centos (with equivalent packages as mentioned in the instructions) and was able to do so successfully. Only caveat is you may have to recompile openssl from source with ECC as it is not included by default package that comes with the OS (I tried on centos 6.9 VM, but I think this is true for many redhat distros)
jdoi

Activity: 34
Merit: 4

Hi

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:19:03 PM

Dear friend
Just sign up with Marine https://marineco.in/ico
Bạn sẽ có 450,000 MTC Free ICOs đang chạy now!
They are creating a great distribution (up to 2000 participants) to the community, check it out and enjoy at https://marineco.in/ico.

+1 Just a minor correction, afaik the limit for the number of participants of the ICO is 20000.
charlie137

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 07:58:34 PM

Dear friend
They are creating a great distribution (up to 2000 participants) to the community, check it out and enjoy at https://marineco.in/ico.

+1 Just a minor correction, afaik the limit for the number of participants of the ICO is 20000.

there is no tech, what they will sell on ICO? devs can't even deliver working code. makes no sense

/__      ___ (  /    
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:13:07 AM

Dear friend

there is no tech, what they will sell on ICO? devs can't even deliver working code. makes no sense

Most coins don't have anything new, There is nothing to lose anyways its a free ICO, they aren't asking for money.
mario9x

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:25:46 AM

Actually coin has no real value. Its value depends on the community, if the community is strong and believe in it, then the value will also increase. Otherwise, it's just zero. This is a community-driven project, and you get a free coin, and the only thing you need to do is build community together. If you do not like it you can ignore it. Or you, together with us, make a strong Marinecoin community in the future Smiley
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:00:02 PM

I checked the commits history today on marinecore in github and found lots of commits on jarviscoin related history.  So the Jarvis Coin is likely to come soon after the 20,000 seed member ICO is completed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: