Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:52:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I know how much is in every account  (Read 967 times)
liberman (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 10:15:41 AM

How can I know how much is in every account using Electrum?

I can only see the total balance, but not the balance for every account. Perhaps I am missing something?
liberman (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 11:48:15 AM

Never mind...

It was the "Balance" column which was so small that didn't show the queantities... I'm embarrassed...

Now Electrum seems perfect.  Grin
CryptCard

Activity: 124
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:55:07 PM

Never mind...

It was the "Balance" column which was so small that didn't show the queantities... I'm embarrassed...

Now Electrum seems perfect.  Grin

Do you mean the Balance in the "History" tab? That only shows how much was added to the address but now how much is on the bitcoin address. Or do you mean the total wallet balance?

Would be awesome, if it is possible to see how much is on each receiving address and to use only selected bitcoin address for a payment.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1568

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 12:13:56 PM

Never mind...

Now Electrum seems perfect.  Grin

Do you mean the Balance in the "History" tab? That only shows how much was added to the address but now how much is on the bitcoin address. Or do you mean the total wallet balance?

Would be awesome, if it is possible to see how much is on each receiving address and to use only selected bitcoin address for a payment.

Enable expert mode in preferences and you can see per address balances. Also you can freeze addresses you don't want to be used as inputs and prioritize the ones you do.
clock27

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 12:16:16 PM

i agree electrum is an awesome wallet Smiley

CryptCard

Activity: 124
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 12:20:38 PM

OMG, Electrum is sooo awesome Smiley Thanks for your great work!
btcbot

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:25:00 PM

Never mind...

Now Electrum seems perfect.  Grin

Enable expert mode in preferences and you can see per address balances. Also you can freeze addresses you don't want to be used as inputs and prioritize the ones you do.

Once those addresses are freezed their coins can't be spent, though right?  So if I have a public BTC address and it gets some deposits, if I freeze it, that money is stuck? 

Don't tip me... tip the Riseup folks who protect activists around the world.
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:27:01 PM

Once those addresses are freezed their coins can't be spent, though right?  So if I have a public BTC address and it gets some deposits, if I freeze it, that money is stuck?  

LOL no! You can unfreeze it the same way you froze it. Freezing and prioritizing are so that get some kind of coin control. It doesn't in anyway prevent you from spending your coins if you choose to do so.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:28:45 PM

Well the money is stuck in a way that Electrum won't send it. It is still accessible if you unfreeze it, but it won't be used if you send someone BTC.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
btcbot

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:32:09 PM

Once those addresses are freezed their coins can't be spent, though right?  So if I have a public BTC address and it gets some deposits, if I freeze it, that money is stuck?  

LOL no! You can unfreeze it the same way you froze it. Freezing and prioritizing are so that get some kind of coin control. It doesn't in anyway prevent you from spending your coins if you choose to do so.

I'm not being clear it seems... that money is stuck until I unfreeze it.  I can't tell another address to take it and send it with that other address.  

In other words, in Electrum (and any other wallet, too) the receiving address' receipts can't be spent unless the receiving address is the sender or the send transaction is so big it requires the joining of receiving addresses and one gets picked as the output address?  

Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:51:43 PM

I'm not being clear it seems... that money is stuck until I unfreeze it.  I can't tell another address to take it and send it with that other address. 

In other words, in Electrum (and any other wallet, too) the receiving address' receipts can't be spent unless the receiving address is the sender or the send transaction is so big it requires the joining of receiving addresses and one gets picked as the output address? 

No sorry I still don't get it.
btcbot

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:04:21 PM

I'm not being clear it seems... that money is stuck until I unfreeze it.  I can't tell another address to take it and send it with that other address. 

No sorry I still don't get it.

I must have another fundamental misunderstanding about addresses and wallets. 

Here's what I'm trying to figure out.  It's probably a little naive...

I've got a tip jar address on my blog.  It shows I've received 2 donations.  So, I went and looked at the 2nd donation - knowing full well the first one was mine - a test. 

The 2nd 'donation' was an outgoing 20 BTC transaction that I eventually recognized as going to BTCT.  Now, I never sent 20 BTC to that address, but it was used as an outgoing address and sho it showed up publicly.  Now, how would I go about accepting donations at that address - and not ever having it be used as an outgoing address - and still be able to use the money at that address? 

I guess it comes down to - is it possible to have an address have BTC which is accessible for outgoing transactions - but it's address is never exposed except as an incoming address? 

Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:31:11 PM

I must have another fundamental misunderstanding about addresses and wallets. 

Here's what I'm trying to figure out.  It's probably a little naive...

I've got a tip jar address on my blog.  It shows I've received 2 donations.  So, I went and looked at the 2nd donation - knowing full well the first one was mine - a test. 

The 2nd 'donation' was an outgoing 20 BTC transaction that I eventually recognized as going to BTCT.  Now, I never sent 20 BTC to that address, but it was used as an outgoing address and sho it showed up publicly.  Now, how would I go about accepting donations at that address - and not ever having it be used as an outgoing address - and still be able to use the money at that address? 

I guess it comes down to - is it possible to have an address have BTC which is accessible for outgoing transactions - but it's address is never exposed except as an incoming address? 

Ah ok now that makes sense. This was actually asked before by another person here on the forums. The best answer is this one:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260364.msg2778812#msg2778812
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: