Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:47:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Found a potential scammer, please paint him red  (Read 131 times)
alia (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 115

Lowest EVER interest lending! (Use escrow always)

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:54:09 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=366632;sa=showPosts;start=40

From pages 4 all the way to 32, all posts are in pure Russian, and there is not a single word of English. Suddenly, there is a one month posting gap, and then the user begins to post in English - but this time, he is buying BTC. He PM'd me asking to buy 2 BTC with PayPal, and immediately said he wouldn't go first (!!!), and when I offered to use escrow, he declined. Thus, I believe that the original user of the account sold his account, and that this new guy is trying to scam people of a couple thousand. Please paint his trust red, let's not let anybody get scammed. Thank you

Lowest interest lending in bitcointalk history. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846750.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 12:30:27 PM

This user wants to take attention away from the fact he wants to take deals away from the forum and asking for "KYC" verification, after that he claims he will never ask for ID when i pointed this out to him in his exchange thread.

Yes i was away for over a month because i moved out to another country to persue other ventures, i don't have to explain this to you or anybody.

The user DID (although he denies it) look for Skype contact from the first PM he send me: https://prnt.sc/igdgls

I will NEVER contact anybody outside of the forum for a deal made here, there is no use for that, not in any way.

I did agree on escrow here on the forum: https://prnt.sc/igdghm

Now he claims that contacting on Skype is the way deals are done here: https://prnt.sc/igdisn

From the moment i said i was ok with doing smaller transactions and using a forum escrow he started calling me a scammer, although i have never done any deals with him/her....

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
alia (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:34:52 PM

The user DID (although he denies it) look for Skype contact from the first PM he send me: https://prnt.sc/igdgls

What a fucking liar. My Skype is literally in each of my threads, of course I am looking to contact people via Skype - why would I deny it? And if I have denied it, care to post where I did so? Oh, right, you can't, because you're a liar.

I did not ask you for ID or passport, I asked you for KYC verification (which, for me, involves Skyping you and seeing your face with a letter of my choice). I normally never ask for this, but I deemed it necessary due to your highly suspicious post history. I will also note that you asked me for 2 BTC and asked me to go first - I suggested we do it in batches of smaller amounts - you then suggested 1 BTC and 1 BTC, which is still quite high if you want me to go first. These are just basic scammer techniques, so I hope you understand if I found it a little suspicious. If you are not a scammer then I profusely apologize, but for now I believe that you have malicious intentions, and your weird forum history (the one month gap and language switch) supports my theory. I'm just a Jr. Member so let's have some higher-ranked people look over this and pass their judgement. It's for the benefit of the rest of the community; I don't want anyone else to get scammed.

Lowest interest lending in bitcointalk history. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846750.0
AB de Royse777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 12:39:12 PM

What a fucking liar. My Skype is literally in each of my threads, of course I am looking to contact people via Skype - why would I deny it? And if I have denied it, care to post where I did so? Oh, right, you can't, because you're a liar.

I did not ask you for ID or passport, I asked you for KYC verification (which, for me, involves Skyping you and seeing your face with a letter of my choice). I normally never ask for this, but I deemed it necessary due to your highly suspicious post history. I will also note that you asked me for 2 BTC and asked me to go first - I suggested we do it in batches of smaller amounts - you then suggested 1 BTC and 1 BTC, which is still quite high if you want me to go first. These are just basic scammer techniques, so I hope you understand if I found it a little suspicious. If you are not a scammer then I profusely apologize, but for now I believe that you have malicious intentions, and your weird forum history (the one month gap and language switch) supports my theory. I'm just a Jr. Member so let's have some higher-ranked people look over this and pass their judgement. It's for the benefit of the rest of the community; I don't want anyone else to get scammed.

You are again not telling the whole story here.... once you pointed out the LOW tx costs i imidiatelly agreed on small transactions using a forum escrow! You just keep telling only the parts you want people to know.
KYC verification involves ID verification, look it up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
alia (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:42:22 PM

You are again not telling the whole story here.... once you pointed out the LOW tx costs i imidiatelly agreed on small transactions using a forum escrow! You just keep telling only the parts you want people to know.
KYC verification involves ID verification, look it up.

What KYC entails depends entirely upon the entity requesting it, as I stated before. KYC for my customers does not require ID and passport, so there's no need to make up bullshit just to serve your purposes. And yes, you eventually agreed to use an escrow - no problem. The reason was this thread was your suspicious post history, that's all. I'm still game to make a deal using escrow; hopefully that'll redeem yourself in my eyes. And if people here think that suddenly switching from Russian to English after a one month break is not a sign of a bought account, then I guess you're in luck! You can continue scamm- oh, pardon me, not scamming, on this forum.

AB de Royse777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 12:44:20 PM

What KYC entails depends entirely upon the entity requesting it, as I stated before. KYC for my customers does not require ID and passport, so there's no need to make up bullshit just to serve your purposes. And yes, you eventually agreed to use an escrow - no problem. The reason was this thread was your suspicious post history, that's all. I'm still game to make a deal using escrow; hopefully that'll redeem yourself in my eyes. And if people here think that suddenly switching from Russian to English after a one month break is not a sign of a bought account, then I guess you're in luck! You can continue scamm- oh, pardon me, not scamming, on this forum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer

Sure, for you it means "something else"

I will not waste my time anymore with you....
I hope you do make some good deals on this forum and enjoy your stay.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
alia (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:46:19 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer

Sure, for you it means "something else"

I will not waste my time anymore with you....
I hope you do make some good deals on this forum and enjoy your stay.

"Know your customer ('KYC') is the process of a business identifying and verifying the identity of its clients." Simple as that, whether passport/ID is involved is dependant on the business. Thank you and good luck!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: