Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:33:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ever seen a Fiat/Crypto exchange markup altcoins more than BTC?  (Read 99 times)
preshpr1nce (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:02:25 PM

So I've been using an Australian exchange that allows for purchases of BTC and 3 altcoins using our local currency, they markup BTC by about 4.5% which I can live with.
What I've realised though is they're marking up Altcoins by about 10%, I won't name them as I've opened a support ticket about it, but if they don't solve my loss then I'll make a dedicated thread about them.

Can any one think of 1 reason to justify this? Has any one seen this before? I know I'm going to get some bs excuse of an answer from them, to me there is no valid reason for this, they don't disclose it any where in their fees or terms either.

I've bought BTC from them many times with the 4.5% fee, stupid me for expecting the alts to be the same and not double checking, I would take a loss if it were my mistake but this is scam material to me.

Australia does have some regulations around these exchanges, can they just makeup prices?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: