Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:00:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making Alt-Coins for Donations  (Read 357 times)
TribalBob (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:34:44 PM

I am a moderate-level developer and I am interested in learning more about developing crypto-currencies so I am offering to make crypto-currencies for other people for donations.

I have successfully cloned a few alt-coins, made some small changes to the code and re-compiled the clients without issue. I am able to generate my own genesis blocks, mix and match features from different coins and compile linux binaries. I have yet to successfully compile windows binaries however.

I am interested in learning to implement new features and I am also interested in learning how to compile windows binaries as I have tried compiling windows clients with 4 different coins and have had no success.

So, in the meantime while I am learning, anyone who wishes to may message me or leave a post here for coin ideas they would like to see implemented as well as how much they would be willing to donate for successful creation of said coins.

If I am able to create your coin, I will mine your genesis block on the testnet and I will upload the source code to github (seems to be the standard for all the clients I have seen), then I will contact you with the login details for the github account associated with your coin.

If you are satisfied with the work I have done, then you can send your donation, otherwise keep it free of charge.

I will accept donations in any crypto-currency that is traded on Cryptsy or BTEr.

When I have learned how to properly develop an alt-coin from start to finish (including windows binaries), I will begin alt-coin creation as a service for pay rather than donations.

Please remember that I am unable to compile windows binaries. If there is anyone out there who is competent at compiling windows binaries, please contact me. I am looking for other people to join my dev team and even if you don't want to be part of a team we may be able to come to some sort of arrangement.

Also, if there are other developers interested in joining me, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your time and interest!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

An interesting one to do would be this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297147.0

Maybe you could offer on that thread to create that coin, maybe giving some indication of what kind of level of "donations" you would be looking for to do so...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
TribalBob (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:56:56 PM

An interesting one to do would be this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297147.0

Maybe you could offer on that thread to create that coin, maybe giving some indication of what kind of level of "donations" you would be looking for to do so...

-MarkM-

Thanks for the link, I have taken a look but I will need to give it a re-read after I have had some sleep though, there's a lot going on in that whitepaper and I don't have the focus to follow/understand all of it right now, lol...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Pages: [1]