Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:59:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] GB #1 BPMC BLUEFURY USB Miner ~2.5 GH/s 0.5999BTC or less $129 Paypal  (Read 34165 times)
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:05:00 AM

One other question. The range on hash rate seems larger than I would expect. What determines
the rate for any individual unit? Luck of the draw? Temperature? How nicely you talk to it?  Smiley
The range should be 2.5-2.7 only usbs in that range will be sent to resellers. Range depends mainly on chip quality and pcb production quality. From testing it seems these units can run around 2.2-2.4 without heatsinks and 2.5-2.7 with a heatsink.

Message me if you have any problems

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:25:18 AM

When you say heatsink, I assume that is the finned one that covers the backside as
is shown in the video?

That looks way more effective than the flat slab on the Block Erupters.

So does this mean that you folks have to "bin sort" the assembled units, and then
"flash" in the parameters to make the unit run reliably at that speed?  I am curious,
because it seems like the RasPi on the full Bitfury blades had a serious hand in "tuning"
each chip to it's best speed. I would guess that some major part of that infrastructure
had to be replicated, presumably in the Atmel processor?

Interesting engineering issues when you scale down from a blade to a USB stick.

Thanks for clarity and description.
Beastlymac

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:54:58 AM

When you say heatsink, I assume that is the finned one that covers the backside as
is shown in the video?

That looks way more effective than the flat slab on the Block Erupters.

So does this mean that you folks have to "bin sort" the assembled units, and then
"flash" in the parameters to make the unit run reliably at that speed?  I am curious,
because it seems like the RasPi on the full Bitfury blades had a serious hand in "tuning"
each chip to it's best speed. I would guess that some major part of that infrastructure
had to be replicated, presumably in the Atmel processor?

Interesting engineering issues when you scale down from a blade to a USB stick.

Thanks for clarity and description.
Yes the heatsinks being used are the same as is in the video. They might be a little bit lower profile.

My understanding of the process that we go through is. Flash the firmware to each USB. After that we quality test each USB for 1-4 hours. Only the 100% working units are sent out to the resellers. We experienced some units hashing at 1.7 ghs in the last batch. So if we have that kind of problem again we will probably mine with slightly faulty ones or sell them cheaper.

Maidak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 07:57:05 PM

Do you need to be contacted in some way to confirm a PayPal purchase for one of these units? I am completely new to this kind of transaction, so please forgive my ignorance.

If this actually works out, it will double the size of my miniscule mining rig!

One other question. The range on hash rate seems larger than I would expect. What determines
the rate for any individual unit? Luck of the draw? Temperature? How nicely you talk to it?  Smiley

For paypal orders there is no need to verify but you can put your bitcointalk username in the customer notes section if you would like. Btw got some more orders in ill update shortly keep them coming, hopin to see a btc order soon! Smiley

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
XenoCypher

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:02:24 AM

I ordered one the other night. Seriously can't wait to get it. Will most likely be buying more once I get to "play around" with the first one and see how well it works out for me Smiley
Maidak (OP)
Legendary

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:38:20 PM

I ordered one the other night. Seriously can't wait to get it. Will most likely be buying more once I get to "play around" with the first one and see how well it works out for me Smiley

Thanks for the order looking forward to deliverying them these are now considered a "BLUE FURY" since the PCB will be blue. Keep bringing these orders in almost half way to a 100 the buy will be closing on the 25th! Still no order with bitcoin unfortunately Sad

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
XenoCypher

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:52:16 PM

Thanks for the order looking forward to deliverying them these are now considered a "BLUE FURY" since the PCB will be blue. Keep bringing these orders in almost half way to a 100 the buy will be closing on the 25th! Still no order with bitcoin unfortunately Sad

The price per unit via BTC is significantly less than the straight USD purchases. Even at 0.9 BTC the unit would be around $115. While the paypal purchases are $139. Not knit picking, just pointing out the obvious... everyone should be buying them with the BTC is they want em. The discount is fairly worth while Smiley
Maidak (OP)
Legendary

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:53:38 PM

The price per unit via BTC is significantly less than the straight USD purchases. Even at 0.9 BTC the unit would be around $115. While the paypal purchases are $139. Not knit picking, just pointing out the obvious... everyone should be buying them with the BTC is they want em. The discount is fairly worth while Smiley

I know right! The price for paypal is mainly because of the fees actually.

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
XenoCypher

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:35:47 AM

Yeah - its totally understandable haha Smiley I don't blame for the PP price Tongue I blame paypal for that Tongue
metal_jacke1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:53:20 AM

Is there any other stock photos besides the one all the resellers have?
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:06:23 AM

I think this all depends on your situation and perspective. My situation:

I don't have .9 Bitcoin to just fling off to somebody. I have to start trying to navigate the the murky
waters of "buying" Bitcoin. While MtGox is happy to quote a range of prices, it's completely
non-obvious on how to convert USD to Bitcoin in a safe, reliable, and relatively "inexpensive" way.
I'll bet if I just wanted to get .9 Bitcoin at least half that $24 difference would disappear before
my .9 Bitcoin arrived. I found one guide that suggested I could use Paypal to buy some kind of
other "virtual currency" (SEPA?), that could then be converted Bitcoin. Of course at every stage
of the process, somebody has their hand out to get their cut, which just ends up increasing
the price to me for that actual .9 Bitcoin. Maybe that all drops into the noise category if you are
buying hundreds of Bitcoin.

The other reason to use Paypal is that I am no longer powerless should Maidak turn out
not be a legitimate seller. While I am re-assured by his presence on Ebay, and the relationship
he seems to have with BPMC, the whole Bitcoin/Pre-Order/Group-Buy universe is fraught
with risk. Maybe I am just too sensitized the BFL fiasco, but there is still quite a bit of
"Wild West" mentality out here at the moment. I've been reading about folks who placed
orders with BFL more than 6 months ago that have gotten refunds from Paypal once this guy
figured out the process and correct folks to talk to Paypal. Or in other cases, folks who
mention a PayPal dispute, all of sudden had their hardware get shipped. To me that kind of
service has some value to me. The Bitcoin purchasers of course are at the mercy of BFL's
"No Refund" stance.

Don't get me wrong on this. I think BPMC and Maidak are all "Stand up" folks. I think they have
a real, legitimate product, and are likely to become the new  "Block Erupter" unless friedcat starts
to give them away. I think Maidak will make this happen, absent some tragedy.

On a more upbeat note, why does it matter if there are any Bitcoin purchasers in this Group
Buy? I don't understand the mechanics of how Maidak buys the product from BPMC.

P.S I guess my status will make it obvious that I am a complete (3 month) newbie with Bitcoin.
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:13:26 AM

I think this all depends on your situation and perspective. My situation:

I don't have .9 Bitcoin to just fling off to somebody. I have to start trying to navigate the the murky
waters of "buying" Bitcoin. While MtGox is happy to quote a range of prices, it's completely
non-obvious on how to convert USD to Bitcoin in a safe, reliable, and relatively "inexpensive" way.
I'll bet if I just wanted to get .9 Bitcoin at least half that $24 difference would disappear before
my .9 Bitcoin arrived. I found one guide that suggested I could use Paypal to buy some kind of
other "virtual currency" (SEPA?), that could then be converted Bitcoin. Of course at every stage
of the process, somebody has their hand out to get their cut, which just ends up increasing
the price to me for that actual .9 Bitcoin. Maybe that all drops into the noise category if you are
buying hundreds of Bitcoin.

The other reason to use Paypal is that I am no longer powerless should Maidak turn out
not be a legitimate seller. While I am re-assured by his presence on Ebay, and the relationship
he seems to have with BPMC, the whole Bitcoin/Pre-Order/Group-Buy universe is fraught
with risk. Maybe I am just too sensitized the BFL fiasco, but there is still quite a bit of
"Wild West" mentality out here at the moment. I've been reading about folks who placed
orders with BFL more than 6 months ago that have gotten refunds from Paypal once this guy
figured out the process and correct folks to talk to Paypal. Or in other cases, folks who
mention a PayPal dispute, all of sudden had their hardware get shipped. To me that kind of
service has some value to me. The Bitcoin purchasers of course are at the mercy of BFL's
"No Refund" stance.

Don't get me wrong on this. I think BPMC and Maidak are all "Stand up" folks. I think they have
a real, legitimate product, and are likely to become the new  "Block Erupter" unless friedcat starts
to give them away. I think Maidak will make this happen, absent some tragedy.

On a more upbeat note, why does it matter if there are any Bitcoin purchasers in this Group
Buy? I don't understand the mechanics of how Maidak buys the product from BPMC.

P.S I guess my status will make it obvious that I am a complete (3 month) newbie with Bitcoin.

You can get BTC fairly cheap from coinbase
https://coinbase.com/?r=51dc992f627bd4203b00003a
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:16:45 AM

So are we going to be getting the blue ones or red ones?

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
Beastlymac

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:17:39 AM

So are we going to be getting the blue ones or red ones?
We are sending out units with a blue pcb and red led.

Eternity

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:50:13 PM

Can you ship worldwide if yes minimum order required ?
Atomar

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:36:01 PM

How do I order more than 1 unit with Paypal without paying $25.00 for shipping each Huh
Maidak (OP)
Legendary

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:20:56 PM

How do I order more than 1 unit with Paypal without paying $25.00 for shipping each Huh

I am trying to limit international orders to only 1 for paypal contact me by PM if you want to order multiple units.

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Maidak (OP)
Legendary

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:56:46 PM

Got a few more orders in getting closer to the 100 this is gonna be closing on the 25th at 11:59pm EST

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
peterhuh

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:05:12 AM

Hi Maidak!

I've just send an email and 1.14 BTC to you.
Please verify.
Transaction ID: 4f2d19501d1ffa7347c752ffd06c4d81e39b35c8e4fdfa5b5117a48fdea8d37e

Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks and hope you reach your target.

My ranting:
I've given up on BFL.
I've yet received their over priced paper weight.
It would be something if I receive this Fury first.
Maidak (OP)
Legendary

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:17:24 AM

Hi Maidak!

I've just send an email and 1.14 BTC to you.
Please verify.
Transaction ID: 4f2d19501d1ffa7347c752ffd06c4d81e39b35c8e4fdfa5b5117a48fdea8d37e

Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks and hope you reach your target.

My ranting:
I've given up on BFL.
I've yet received their over priced paper weight.
It would be something if I receive this Fury first.

Got it verified thanks for your order!

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████