Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:22:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: knc chips picture  (Read 3183 times)
sickpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:37:46 PM

Imho this one deserves its own thread
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/2545-kncminer-28nm-die-photos-hot-of-the-press-from-our-packaging-assembly-house

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:42:00 PM

And I deserve some promised apologies. So with all due respect to those that promised they had the balls to do so once the time came, it's now. I wasn't lying, I never have been, and i'm happy to forgive, and let bygones be bygones.

Credit, where credit's due, I told the truth, and received no payment for my efforts. I just wanted to put an end to the scamming madness around the end of April on, and school some peeps on making secure pre-order purchases.

So in all fairness my heart was, and always has been in the right place (with a level head i'd like to think as well).

There's also a tip jar if anyone fancies buying me a drink! Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
warhawk187

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:45:22 PM

I always saw you Bitcoinorama as one of the few sane people with useful things to say on this forum. 80% of the people here don't know anything and just either parrot others, or just spread FUD as if its in style.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:46:46 PM

I always saw you Bitcoinorama as one of the few sane people with useful things to say on this forum. 80% of the people here don't know anything and just either parrot others, or just spread FUD as if its in style.

Cheers bro. Honestly appreciated. Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:51:45 PM

This is how you know you have a good company, Look how Easily and quickly they got a photo of their physical chip. No bullshit, no mess

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
sickpig (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:53:07 PM

Amen

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:57:17 PM

Sure this isn't just a pic of Cointerra's chip??    Roll Eyes

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Vedran Yoweri

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:09:01 PM

Sure, they will print a KnC logo on the chip  Grin
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:42:29 PM

Now all they have to do is get the chips done and shipped through customs............................

Roll Eyes
slicko

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

jersey 4 life !!!

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:04:38 PM

knc FTW!
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:16:46 PM

Sure, they will print a KnC logo on the chip  Grin

we'll find out that there is one guy photoshopping chips for all of them switching logos for each  Cool

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:21:28 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 07:32:06 PM by CoinHoarder

Jeez, what a bunch of sheeple.  Roll Eyes

News flash: Avalon showed pictures of chips and even shipped a bunch of ASICs to customers in Batch 1, AND THEY STILL SCAMMED US. My Batch 3 Avalon mining farm is currently showing it will lose about 250 BTC. Yea, not only will we not break even, but we're likely going to lose $35,000.....

BFLs got a ton of pictures of chips and mining equipment, and they're still scamming people left and right. "Our shipping queue will be fully shipped by the end of September." ... Yeah, right... and pigs can fly.

ASICMINER has many pictures of their chips, and they are quasi-scamming people straight to their face with their price gauging. They sell overpriced equipment that will never break even to idiots and the non informed. I admit ASICMINER is probably the lesser of the three evil ASIC companies, but you get my point.

A picture of a chip means nothing until it is a working product delivered to our doorstep. There are many things left to do before that can become a reality. I wouldn't claim victory just yet.
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:32:34 PM

News flash: Avalon showed pictures of chips and even shipped a bunch of ASICs to customers in Batch 1, AND THEY STILL SCAMMED US. My Batch 3 Avalon mining farm is currently showing it will lose about 250 BTC. Yea, not only will we not break even, but we're likely going to lose $35,000.....

BFLs got a ton of pictures of chips and mining equipment, and they're still scamming people left and right. "Our shipping queue will be fully shipped by the end of September." ... Yeah, right... and pigs can fly.

A picture of a chip means nothing until it is a working product delivered to our doorstep. There are many things left to do before that can become a reality. I wouldn't claim victory just yet.

Agreed. Based on my math, it looks like Knc has ~10 days to ship hundreds of September orders before being late, which is obviously not going to happen.
sickpig (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:36:15 PM

News flash: Avalon showed pictures of chips and even shipped a bunch of ASICs to customers in Batch 1, AND THEY STILL SCAMMED US.

nobody is claiming victory just because there's no battle to win.

we just want to point out to all our "beloved" fellas, that were asking specifically for chip's picture, that eventually we've got one.

as simple as that.

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:39:03 PM

Did they fab-and-test any on MPW before going to whole-wafer production?  Anyone know?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:49:29 PM

ASICMINER has many pictures of their chips, and they are quasi-scamming people straight to their face with their price gauging. They sell overpriced equipment that will never break even to idiots and the non informed. I admit ASICMINER is probably the lesser of the three evil ASIC companies, but you get my point.

The level to which people get emotionally invested in these chunks of rapidly depreciating silicon is startling. Likely more of a process of justifying a questionable past decision.

Good on knc for getting to this point, but bitfury is doing lots of damage NOW. Knc is obviously aware of this as they've dropped prices significantly for November delivery, but that'll be of little benefit to those that receive their knc orders in mid to late October. Pre-ordering knc products months ago was surely a mistake.

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:52:29 PM

The next bitcoin difficulty is estimated at ~143 million! Pre-ordering any hardware right now certainly seems like a fools game.

http://bitcoindifficulty.com
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:53:59 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 08:16:06 PM by CoinHoarder

nobody is claiming victory just because there's no battle to win.

we just want to point out to all our "beloved" fellas, that were asking specifically for chip's picture, that eventually we've got one.

as simple as that.

I understand.

I just think it is very dangerous to openly praise an ASIC company whilst they are still unproven yet. People make investment decisions off of every single thread and post in these subforums. I would hate for someone to run out and buy a million Jupiters based off of this thread, and then KNC turn around and delay delay delay like BFL.

I think it would be best to withhold praise and judgement until they actually ship working equipment (on time) that will actually ROI. I am not saying KNC will do these things and scam their customers, but anyone that thinks it isn't a possibility is fooling themselves.

Sorry if my post came across as rude, I am just tired of people championing KNC left and right when they are largely unproven up to this point.
juve4v

Activity: 505

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:58:32 PM

The next bitcoin difficulty is estimated at ~135 million according to http://allchains.info/
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:21:00 PM

The difference between knc and the rest is thet knc is an old respectable company. They did ASICs way long before everyone else and they were a very respectable business long before the bitcoin mining.

Avalon had the whole mining business in their hand,but  got greedy and sold our chips to the highest bidder in China, BFL's boss is a convicted man for mail fraud and ASICMINER is trying to maximize profits for shareholders like any other company on Earth that is listed with shares so i see nothing wrong there.

A picture of a chips may mean nothing, but at least they show progress compared to some other companies that show nothing.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: