Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:42:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which are the best exchanges to buy AltCoins?  (Read 208 times)
sdk992 (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:50:09 PM

Which are the best exchanges to buy AltCoins?
best exchange for  newbie Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3831

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:00:53 PM

It depends on what altcoin you're planning on buying. Head over to Coinmarketcap[1], choose the coin you're planning on trading, then click on the "Markets" tab to view what exchanges trade that specific coin.

[1] https://coinmarketcap.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Radientgurkin

Activity: 182
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:11:32 PM

best exchange for  newbie Huh

mjglqw is correct - use coinmarketcap to discover what exchanges hold the coin you want.

If you mean exchanges more in general - here are a few of the biggest exchanges:

Bittrexx
Bitfinex
Binance (currrently in scrutiny)
Kucoin
HitBTC
Kraken
Poloniex

Some are less accessible depending on your location. F.eg I believe Bitfinex is not available to USA users. You asked about which are easy - all the listed ones are ok to use. I only recommend newbies to avoid Etherdelta - (it is kinda complicated)

Final tip: Do no - I repeat - DO NOT store coins on exchanges. Buy them and move the coins out to your wallet of choice. Hardware wallets are safer than desktop wallets.

baobao2000

Activity: 462
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:12:44 PM

There are lot of exchange for crytocurrency at moment. Try to search for exchange with lower rate, here is a link exchange compare
http://www.coinparator.com/compare-exchanges/
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:08:27 AM

TLDR: I personally think Binance is the best exchange...but it doesn't come with out its flaws..I like alot of different exchanges for different reasons..

Some of the things to measure exchanges on would be

1) Fees - Kind of obvious, you want to not get taken for a ride here.
2) Liquidity - Liquidity is important for especially larger coins because it keeps the price healthy and moving.. stagnant volume can lead to pump and dumps often found on cryptopia (volume sucks, and the coins don't have alot if interest)
3) Layout -  This one I actually don't really like any of them.. bitfinex is the closest.. but almost any of the major exchanges you will have to either use coinigy API for a fee or tradingview to make the charts usuable.. there is a google extension that can be added to bittrex to import tradingview charts.. it looks weird but atleast improves the interface from about a 2 to a 4/10... Binance suffers here too, the interface is non-customizable, the sizing the charts is shotty without a log/auto button.. and it bad color scheme for color blind users.. I personally have to use tradingview's charts in tandem with Binance for it to be usable.
4) Coins that you want are actually there (This is where Binance shines and have stolen Bittrex' thunder.. Bittrex is so hard to get coins added onto that a lot of newer interest and money has loaded up on Binance instead).. You may love Kucoin or HitBTC to death.. but if they don't have 4 or 5 of your top 10 fav coins its going to be hard to use it.
5) Category of the future - decentralized.. this I think will be a huge priority coming up that could become even the top ranked thing in an exchange, but will have to solve the liquidity issue any decentralized exchange does at first (I personally think Loopring can do this for ERC20 tokens, but will need something other than wallet protocols to work for BTC pairs.
6) Ease of use.. is the site confusing.. is it easy to use the wallets/signup... Does it take some level or rocket science to figure out the interface..
Heres my ratings for some major exchanges based off of my most important 6 things to look for for each major exchange... just my opinion.. anyone is free to disagree

GDAX Fees - 10 Liquidity - 10 Layout - 2 Coin Diversity 4 Decentralized 0 Ease of Use - 8
Binance Fees - 9 Liquidity - 10 Layout - 4 Coin Diveristy - 9 Decentralized - 0 Ease of Use - 9
Bittrex Fees - 5 Liquidity - 9 Layout (With Tradingview addon) - 5 Decentralized - 0 Ease of Use - 7
Cryptopia Fees - 4 Liquidity - 3 Layout - 4 Diversity - 6 Decentralized - 0 Ease of Use - 6
Bitfinex Fees - 5 Liquidity - 10 Layout - 6 Diversity -6 Decentralized - 0 Ease of Use 5 (some features are easy, but with added things like margin trading, there will be a learning curve)
Bitmex Fees - 5 Liquidity - 10 Layout 5 Diversity - 4 Decentralized - 0 Ease of User - 5 (same reason as bitfinex. exchange basic functions are straight forward, margin can add some learning curve)
Kucoin Fees 8 Liquidity - 4 Layout - 4 Diversity - 5 Decentralized - 0  Ease of Use 5
Etherdelta  Fees - 8 Liquidity - 1 Layout - 2 Diversity - 9 Decentralized - 10 Ease of use - 1

Hope this helps.

As a wrap up I think all of these exchanges have something to offer.. and you'll probably have to use all of them at some point or another.. I tend to use Binance the most because it ticks the most boxes for things I favor in an exchange.. GDAX for BTC/USD pairs .. I don't trade on margin because I think its risk/reward is too great but if thats something you'd want to dabble in I'd probably recommend Bitfinex over Bitmex.. all of the charting sucks though so just get used to using tradingview instead.
vbcrypto

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:49:25 PM

In my opinion  - the most comfortable for newcomers is Binance. In this exchange, you will have some discounts on transaction fees, you don't need to pass difficult verifications to withdraw your crypto.
electricblueeyes

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:24:40 PM

I find Bittrex the easiest to use plus it has a huge amount of alt coins. Binance too has a large amount of alt coins.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:28:06 PM

You can use yobit.io for exchange to buy altcoins
Sanu Simon

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:34:17 PM

Find the markets available for the particular altcoin through coinmarketcap. Once after that going through those and finding the best price for the respective altcoins is the best. This is the way to select the best exchange for trading needs of altcoins.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:21:26 PM

Bibox is one of the strongest exchanges that also offers a mobile app. You can also go with Binance, but has limited registration for only a few hours per day. Upcoin is offering $500 in trading fees for those who join during pre-launch, and a few others worth looking into would be Changelly, Bitmex, and YoBit.

Hope this helps! Good luck  Smiley
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:20:37 AM

It depends on several factors. In general, I prefer Binance because they haven’t had any major problems yet, they do large volume trades, they have a good trading platform, and they have a decent number of good altcoins.

I also liked using Bitfinex but they stopped allowing US customers, so I had to switch over to Binance.

Sometimes you need to try alternative exchanges to get altcoins that you want because every exchange has different altcoins on them.
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:15:15 AM

I'm using binance because you can trade even if you don't do kyc but have limit of 2btc which is absolutely okay with me. I also like the coins in Binance, not that much but atleast less s****coins. You can pair the coins with usdt, btc, eth and bnb.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
artem201293

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:51:10 AM

The amount of coins on Binance is quite nice, so I chose it.
Besides that, polo and bittrex good as well, but problems with new accounts are not solved yet
UltimaTradr

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:03:11 AM

You can use Altcoins to purchase Bitcoins using Paxful.com
duke7

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:22:54 AM

For me the best exchanges - for newbies - are:

- Bitstamp: only Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple

- Binance: a lot of altcoins

- Kucoin: a lot of altcoins

- Bittrex: also a lot of altcoins, getting older
mits001

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 05:47:57 AM

I would suggest
- Bittrex
- Binance
- Poloniex
- Bitfinex
in that order.
Andatello

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:35:28 AM

I have used binance and huobi and found them relatively straight forward for a newbie. 
rajkr

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:42:48 AM

Bitfinnix,binnance ,hitbtc are good exchange.Still it depends on availability of coins in exchanges.So check availability of your demanded coins on exchange.
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:45:33 AM

I use GDAX for btc, eth, and ltc.  I use binance for the rest of the altcoins.  I like GDAX because of their low fees and they are linked with Coinbase which is a big exchange company.  That gives me a slight warm and fuzzy feeling.  I like binance because of the huge amount of altcoins they offer. 
Mawa1127

Activity: 139
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:20:15 AM

I am new in this sector  but i am connected with altcoin more than a year.  Generally i use Bittrex. It is a safe place for  buy and sell altcoin. Besides Etherdelta is the best option for buying ICO Coin. Most of the coins are listed here after ICO.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: