Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:16:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Waveswallet hacked 126544 WCT stolen. Please help me!  (Read 237 times)
giovanni83 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:12:48 PM

Dear friends, last night somebody entered my waveswallet and sent to this address 3P4MDMkAGzx4eHxU5UAPkTkUxxe8eQ8J4sT 1265.44 WCT plus also 0.089 Waves and then he/she sent me back 0.084 Waves; the transaction id is 4FN8ntLz4qUsS6UVDEHtk6qqeZCLjuDBKynWJHfErguJ for the WCT one. What should I do now? Following the transaction ID I saw that he/she then exchanged WCT for BTC and sent everything to another address. Please help me guys!
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:30:37 PM

No one can take back WCT help you! Be careful when creating your wallet and keep your wallet safe for the next time
Kurva

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:36:48 PM

This is why i keep all my coins at the exchange. Hacking is not only the 1 problem. What about burglary,fire or anything else ? I keep my coins at binance and kucoin.
rost1989

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:37:16 PM

Dear friends, last night somebody entered my waveswallet and sent to this address 3P4MDMkAGzx4eHxU5UAPkTkUxxe8eQ8J4sT 1265.44 WCT plus also 0.089 Waves and then he/she sent me back 0.084 Waves; the transaction id is 4FN8ntLz4qUsS6UVDEHtk6qqeZCLjuDBKynWJHfErguJ for the WCT one. What should I do now? Following the transaction ID I saw that he/she then exchanged WCT for BTC and sent everything to another address. Please help me guys!

I just don't understand how is it possible to be hacked? Where did you save your seed from wallet?
Did you have an antivirus?

I think you should now think HOW exactly were you hacked in order to safe your funds in the future. You need to think was it your mistake or virus, or you gave control to your wallet, etc.

Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:52:19 PM

I just don't understand how is it possible to be hacked? Where did you save your seed from wallet?

I think you should now think HOW exactly were you hacked in order to safe your funds in the future. You need to think was it your mistake or virus, or you gave control to your wallet, etc.

I'm not sure that it's possible to hack the wallet withough stoling passwords or private keys. So in most cases each user is responsible for the safety of his wallet. I follow few simple rules to avoid it:
- Store your keys in a safe place and never share them anywhere.
- Don't open any suspicious links.
- Open wallets and exchnaged only from bookmarks
- Don't install any software on your laptop except those that your really need.
- Have a good antivirus with op to date DBs.

ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:55:32 PM

This is the biggest problem for WAVES platform.
There is no hardware support for waves and waves tokens
I am also having anxiety cause of this issue.
LoneWolfZ

Activity: 102

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:59:55 PM

He seems to be a noob in cryptocurrency world so i guess someone stole his funds through a website that look the same as waveswallet website
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:05:31 PM

How could that have happened... Did any of your security detail my chance get into the hand of another party?
Care and appropriate precautions really need to be taken when dealing out anything. Also, i feel if this was not a mistake made on the side of the wallet owner, Wave platform need to improve on their wallet. Predictions i think i so easy to make on waves platform.
Igromania

Activity: 320

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:07:42 PM

That is, this wallet can be easily hacked and it is better not to use it? I just use only MEW and wanted to register the waves wallet but now I don't know whether to do it or not.
nakamote

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:59:56 PM

I am afraid you cant recover your coins,because it was already sent to another wallet you it is now unrecoverable,sorry for your lost bu i dont think it is possible to hack your wallet,surely the hacker got your private keys using phishing sites or some malwares you could prevent this attack if you have some good anti virus in your computer or you have installed metamask extension to prevent phishing sites.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 05:14:36 PM

Someone got your private key . You should be more careful storing your passwords next time . I think it's impossible to return your funds , but it is possible to keep your passwords in more secure place in a future. I can suggest you to store all private keys and login to your wallets only from dedicated device . Of course , you shouldn't use this device for anytning else , excluding this . This will significantly improve safety of your funds
quierx16

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:23:59 PM

sorry for your loss dear friend. but no one here will help you recover your wct. there's no way for it to recover. all transaction on crypto is irreversible. better secure your wallet next time. and run an anti-virus for malware.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
daltrich

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:32:43 PM

Is this really a hack?  I see this word getting thrown around a lot.  The wallet was not hacked or else every waves wallet would be hacked.

It seems to me someone got your private keys.

The best advice (and this sucks) is to get back on the horse and ride it again.  I know easier said then done but it's the only option.  Either that or quit.  You can remake it up.  You got there before and you can do it again.  Once you have gotten back to where you were you will be much stronger.  Make a positive out of this as hard as it may be.  Good luck!
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:35:11 PM

This is why i keep all my coins at the exchange. Hacking is not only the 1 problem. What about burglary,fire or anything else ? I keep my coins at binance and kucoin.

Do you think that keeping your coins in an exchange wallet is a good idea? IMO, it is the worst decision you can take with your crypto-investments. If you keep your coins in the exchanges, then the risks multiply by twofold. In addition to the risk that someone can hack in to your account, there is the additional risk that the exchange can vanish with all of your coins.
codehtcmail

Activity: 1190
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:40:07 PM

I received a transaction with this attachement promising free waves:

DO NOT ENTER YOUR SEED ON THIS ADDRESS, I REPEAT DO NOT ENTER YOUR SEED ON THIS ADDRESS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

bit.ly/2sGHfJM

DO NOT ENTER YOUR SEED ON THIS ADDRESS, I REPEAT DO NOT ENTER YOUR SEED ON THIS ADDRESS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!
Kurva

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:11:09 PM

Do you think that keeping your coins in an exchange wallet is a good idea? IMO, it is the worst decision you can take with your crypto-investments. If you keep your coins in the exchanges, then the risks multiply by twofold. In addition to the risk that someone can hack in to your account, there is the additional risk that the exchange can vanish with all of your coins.

You think binance will do that ? the answer is NO. I see so many have problems with hardware wallets. Hack,sync problems and the list goes on. If you not trust your exchange why even think about trading there ? by the way i use Google Authentication

oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:23:28 PM

You think binance will do that ? the answer is NO. I see so many have problems with hardware wallets. Hack,sync problems and the list goes on. If you not trust your exchange why even think about trading there ? by the way i use Google Authentication

Sorry to say that but almost all exchanges has been hacked in the past, so Binance will not be an exception. Of course not all exchanges closes their doors when it get hacked, it depends of the amount hacked. Sometimes, you don't even know directly that an exchange has been hacked, and problems occurs only once insolvability is discovered  Cheesy

Do you really prefer give your trust in somebody else than you for holding your money ? Seems like you're not here since a long time.

Google auth doesn't protect Binance' wallet  Wink So your coins aren't protected by your double authentification.

To protect you from fire, you just need to store a backup in another place from where you live, and for burglary, just hide the fact you own cryptocurrencies (Btw if someone points a gun to rob you, if you have these coins on an exchange or in a private wallet doesn't change anything), and encrypt your wallet.

@giovanni83 : sorry for your loss, but we can't do anything for that   Sad

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
Kurva

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:46:47 PM

Sorry to say that but almost all exchanges has been hacked in the past, so Binance will not be an exception. Of course not all exchanges closes their doors when it get hacked, it depends of the amount hacked. Sometimes, you don't even know directly that an exchange has been hacked, and problems occurs only once insolvability is discovered  Cheesy

Do you really prefer give your trust in somebody else than you for holding your money ? Seems like you're not here since a long time.

Google auth doesn't protect Binance' wallet  Wink So your coins aren't protected by your double authentification.

To protect you from fire, you just need to store a backup in another place from where you live, and for burglary, just hide the fact you own cryptocurrencies (Btw if someone points a gun to rob you, if you have these coins on an exchange or in a private wallet doesn't change anything), and encrypt your wallet.

@giovanni83 : sorry for your loss, but we can't do anything for that   Sad

Thanks for chiming in i do respect your words ,)

But i rater take that chanse than using a private wallet.

clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:50:37 PM

It is hard situtaion. There are many contest on Waves account. They create a different seed combination and they promise the treasure in that adress.

It is dangerous I think.

I don't keep the balance on my Waves account never. I don't know why but it is not safe for me. Maybe so difficult but not impossible to solve seed key. Many bot can scan adress and if found anything can withdraw one adress. (Yes I know very very difficult but WHO can say it is not possible?)

Francis Freeman

Activity: 1005
Merit: 502

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:55:46 PM

It's quite strange. Because if someone had access to your computer he or she would have stolen all your funds, not sending you back anything...

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███