Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:29:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the hardware wallet useful?  (Read 396 times)
SW_Lee (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:40:45 PM

I know there is a hardware wallet, but are they trustable?
There must be pros and cons, but in general, would you recommend them?
and pls tell me the reasons why !?
cryptoux

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:48:55 PM

Hardwallets are the most secured storage today,because its security is unbreakable well as of today but who knows when will these hackers crack these storages,what i have liked with these wallets it allows me to transact directly using the wallet and you dont need to put your private keys before you will able to transact because it has built in private keys,and the best part of having these wallets if you lost your wallet or it was stolen you can easily use the recovery seed so you can restore your wallet from the new hardware.

bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:26:03 PM

I'd say it depends. If you're not gonna be holding big amounts of money in cryptos, you should rather use Metamask or some digital wallet. Now, if you're gonna be holding big amounts (I'm talking 100k$ USD or more) in cryptos, you should DEFINITELY buy a ledger nano S. It's almost impossible to hack those things, and given the price of one, it's not gonna be a liability in your income.
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:29:36 PM

If you are considering a well secured hardware wallet, i would recommend that you go for Trezor. You will full control over it and no other party will be able to infringe into it.
Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:34:43 PM

Hardware wallets are useful and reliable they are also well secured because no one can set an eye on hardware wallet private key. Without getting hold of hardware wallet and pin no fund can be sent from hardware wallet.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:39:01 PM

I think hardware wallets are the safest, although of course there is a risk of damage to the device, but I think it's less likely to damage the device than the chances that you are just hacked. So I think that harware wallets is very cool thing
IMAR

Activity: 314
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:39:34 PM

Hard wallet is very safe. We have ledger. The only problem with hard wallet is yourself. If you lost then you will be in Big trouble as you will have a hard time recovering your cons.
nguli

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:46:12 PM

purses that are on hardware such as ledger and others seem less secure because the devices they use are not necessarily safer better in store in the wallet online more secure.
kinki32

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:56:35 PM

Hardware wallet it's secure but while he not connected to internet. For me it's two metods, first hardware wallet without internet and second paper wallet.
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:57:19 PM

it looks like you have a problem with trust. if you are right then, you can use trezor wallet, why? trezor provides very high security and you will not sacrifice your own convenience and you will also be safe if shopping using bitcoin.
break a leg bro!

ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:00:37 PM

ledger is really usefull for me. i also use it on etherdelta and no problem at all.
also its good for tokens and supported all coins. sad about waves is not supported
Irkytsk38rus

Activity: 280

Araw ICO

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:05:07 PM

Yes it is definitely safer than just using online wallets.But there are examples of losing money when using these wallets.Therefore, no one will give you a 100% guarantee of preserving your funds

nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:09:33 PM

Hardwallet is very secured,for years i have been using ledger and trezor wallet without any problems,the only thing that could make it unsafe is you,if you have given your private keys to the hackers the hardwallets cannot protect your coins,but if you are aware on how to properly use the hardwallet you wont have any problems using these storage.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jorenpo

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:14:00 PM

if you want to secure huge pile of coins then it is recommended to have one. it is safer than using the online wallet the only risk you have their is if the hardware are corrupted.
Nerkata

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:18:53 PM

I really don't understand most posts here. The Ledger Nano S is the most secure way to store your coins in at least a remotely convenient manner. Period. No further discussion.

You get a 12 word recovery see. So even if you lose your hardware wallet. You still can recover it from scratch. Your wallet breaks? You can recover it. Your wallet explodes due to ungodly amounts of "mooning"? You can recover it. Just make sure to buy it directly from Ledger.

●COTI (http://coti.io)●CURRENCY OF THE INTERNET (http://coti.io)●
balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 05:22:12 PM

Hardware wallets is one of the best solutions to keep your funds in safe . In most cases , using of hardware wallet gives you 99% safety of your funds . Of course , it costs money , but I think security is worth it . But note , that you should buy it only at manufacturer official store . Forget about ebay , or you much likely will loss funds .
proexcept

Activity: 308
Merit: 156

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:24:47 PM

Hardware wallets store private keys and nobody can't get access to them including the owner. Owner can only sign messages by clicking confirm button. So you can use such kind of wallets even at another people's laptops without any worry. I have Ledger Nano S and I like it. The only thing don't like is the lack of NEM wallet...

⚫ ⚫ ⚫Make even more profit on crypto trading with secure automatic trading https://trade-mate.io⚫ ⚫ ⚫
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:33:27 PM

It all depends of amount tokens you got. And how you use online wallet. If you are safe, don´t click strange links, always open you wallet from favorites link and other security issues, and don´t have a lot there. I would suggest to use just online wallet. If you holding big amounts, or want to be really safe - hardware wallet definitely will be best option. Cons - you need to pay for that, other at the moment I can´t see (just some last issues with Ledger nano..)
SW_Lee (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:01:23 PM

Hardwallets are the most secured storage today,because its security is unbreakable well as of today but who knows when will these hackers crack these storages,what i have liked with these wallets it allows me to transact directly using the wallet and you dont need to put your private keys before you will able to transact because it has built in private keys,and the best part of having these wallets if you lost your wallet or it was stolen you can easily use the recovery seed so you can restore your wallet from the new hardware.

I see ! so you highly recommend it
cryptomngr

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:08:15 PM

Of course it is useful because it is the safest place to hold your bitcoins,i dont really believe to these web wallets or app wallets that are claiming to be the most secured because they are very prone to these hackers,theres no safe system and everything is hackable,every single hardwallet that is connected to the internet,that is why hardwallet storage would be the ideal storage for most of our precious coins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: