Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:50:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Karen Hudes (formerly world bank): we need to get new currency like BTC ready  (Read 4479 times)
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:26:11 PM

This is a must-watch in my mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ayjFKRQ2A

While Greg Hunter keeps on beating the doomsday scenario gold-bug drum, this girl actually manages to get some insightful information through.

Here are some snippets:

around 16:00

Quote from: Karen Hudes
I'm in touch with the world bank because the US capital increase to the world bank will not be dispersed until the effects of reataliation against world bank whistleblowers are eliminated. That is a condition that the US congress put into the capital increase. They did this because they asked for a government accountability office audit and the world bank refused.
So there's a very important lesson to be drawn from here, which is that we're actually not on track for all of this terrible scenario that we're talking about [she refers to what Hunter said before: civil unrest, hyperinflation, economic meltdown...)]. We are on track for the rule of law. For the first time in a long time this country is taking back it's rule of law. People are learning about these problems and are holding their government to account

around 20:00

Well that is the risk, but here's the point, Greg: the department of defense knows full well that those are the consequences if we do not get serious about fighting this corruption. The stakeholder analysis that I'm telling you about came out of the department of defense. I spoke to the person inside the department of defense that agreed that these were the consequences if we didn't act like we were in charge of bringing our country, our whole country, into compliance. And that's exactly what's going on. That's what I'm telling you.

around 21:04 after Gregs asks: "so bankers are going to go to jail?"

I'm not worried about that. That's not what I'm focusing on. What I'm focusing on is getting currency up and ready to replace these fiat dollars... before they go down. Now is the time that we can act. And that means that every single person that's listening to this has got to go to their governor and say: you've been hearing what you need to do. We need to have a state bank. We need to have our state legislature to clear precious metals as legal tender, that's what you're supposed to have in the constitution. The federal reserve actually is against the constitution. Our constitution prohibited this kind of banking. How is it that we happen to have it?
So everybody listening to this can be working with Bitcoins.

there's more mentions of bitcoin and more about germanies gold and lots of other interesting stuff.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:04:26 PM

Lol, Greg didn't want to acknowledge Bitcoin, did he? 

she kept mentioning it and he kept ignoring it.
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:44:58 AM

Absolutely... that guy is so fixated on his gold and his doom and gloom scenario that he can't seem to think clearly. Like with so many gold bugs, the word "Bitcoin" activates his animal brain, prepares his body fluids for fight or flight and shuts off his rational clear thinker. I wouldn't be surprised if he shit his pants in the process. Lol.

I think Mrs. Hudes is correct in saying that gold should really be viewed as an insurance, not an investment. The world will come up with a better solution. Gold is local, the economy is global. Having to go back to gold as money would mean having to go back to a local economy with severe implications. We really don't want to go there. Even if you're one of the "wealthy" individuals and you might increase your likelyhood to survive a bit because of your gold (it might well be the other way around, too, if you don't have weapons but others do), noone should really be looking forward to such a scenario. We must avoid this.

Well: Bitcoin to the rescue!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:14:11 PM

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! Smiley
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:18:59 PM

I think Mrs. Hudes is correct in saying that gold should really be viewed as an insurance, not an investment.

The above struck me too, gold is just a hedge for the downside (@32:02)- the we don't do anything plan

The other thing that struck me is the idea of a currency reset backed by a basket of commodities and firing the FED.   The result wasn't fiat collapse, but balancing the issued Fiat with other assets.

Gold being a part of that new backing, but the money would be back by an economy's wealth, made me think of this:  http://www.ihdp.unu.edu/article/iwr

The other think that struck me was the idea of the chalange in trying to convene the parties for a Bretton Woods type meeting.

And the Vatican being at the table (@8:20) the implied heavy weight with orders of magnitude more gold  than first world nations (@32:52).

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
cypherdoc
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:34:46 PM

Absolutely... that guy is so fixated on his gold and his doom and gloom scenario that he can't seem to think clearly. Like with so many gold bugs, the word "Bitcoin" activates his animal brain, prepares his body fluids for fight or flight and shuts off his rational clear thinker. I wouldn't be surprised if he shit his pants in the process. Lol.

I think Mrs. Hudes is correct in saying that gold should really be viewed as an insurance, not an investment. The world will come up with a better solution. Gold is local, the economy is global. Having to go back to gold as money would mean having to go back to a local economy with severe implications. We really don't want to go there. Even if you're one of the "wealthy" individuals and you might increase your likelyhood to survive a bit because of your gold (it might well be the other way around, too, if you don't have weapons but others do), noone should really be looking forward to such a scenario. We must avoid this.

Well: Bitcoin to the rescue!

great minds think alike.

"severe implications" = "armageddon".

it doesn't have to be that way given the available alternatives.

Bitcoin
Pumpkin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 10:01:33 PM

Watched the video, it was very clear how Greg Hunter was fixed on his doomstay scenario. He kept insisting on it, obviously being very much biased. Doesn't mean he's wrong though!

The obviously very bright woman Karen Hudes was working towards offering a solution. And that is exactly what bitcoin is! Bitcoin is a solution that would improve lives for 7 billion people!

Gold is insurance against a world none of us really want to live in!!!
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 07:45:18 AM

The obviously very bright woman Karen Hudes was working towards offering a solution. And that is exactly what bitcoin is! Bitcoin is a solution that would improve lives for 7 billion people!

It's so refreshing that she even suggests bitcoin. A bright woman light that who is clearly "in the know" about what's going on even mentioning bitcoin just a year ago was unthinkable.

Even guys like Hunter will fall at some point.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 11:55:27 AM

Absolutely... that guy is so fixated on his gold and his doom and gloom scenario that he can't seem to think clearly. Like with so many gold bugs, the word "Bitcoin" activates his animal brain, prepares his body fluids for fight or flight and shuts off his rational clear thinker.

thats the problem. also goldbugs should be more open for inverstments. there are more things then gold and silver (or bitcoin).

Greg Hunter is also fixed on his doomstay scenario because he gets money from that  Roll Eyes

lonelyminer (Peter Šurda)
Donator

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:43:09 PM

It's so refreshing that she even suggests bitcoin. A bright woman light that who is clearly "in the know" about what's going on even mentioning bitcoin just a year ago was unthinkable.
Yes indeed, this is an interesting insight. The issue is that unless the whole worldwide trade is to collapse (which would be catastrophic to say the least), the financial system needs to be reformed. Merely reforming the money does not reform the financial system. Bitcoin, however, has the capacity to provide infrastructure for a financial system even if the old one collapses.
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:27:29 AM

another appearance (interviewed on RT by Sophie Shewardnaze): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hgA9j-4dB0

RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:34:33 PM

I get the impression she still believes in the state as the solution. For example she says sometimes 'applying the rule of law'.

I think she misses the greater picture, that laws are per definition violence, and that social problems cannot be solved through violence.

Other than that I like her. 
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:01:52 PM

I get the impression she still believes in the state as the solution. For example she says sometimes 'applying the rule of law'.

I think she misses the greater picture, that laws are per definition violence, and that social problems cannot be solved through violence.

Other than that I like her. 

I think she's a lawyer. If that's the case... what can you expect Wink.

Seriously, though. I had the same impression. Her insistence on the state governors, together with the people, fixing this shit and taking power back from those corruptors to reenable the rule of law can be quite frightening for people of the mindset prevalent on these forums.

Does anyone have a link to that study done by those swiss dudes researching ownership relations? I remember having seen that a while ago, so it must be public.

Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 10:41:42 AM

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21228354.500-revealed--the-capitalist-network-that-runs-the-world.html#.UkwqUFP9W_b
herzmeister
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 11:16:19 AM

Quote from: Karen Hudes (formerly world bank)
we need to get new currency like BTC ready

ftfher

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
clock27

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:24:57 PM

Excellent article and one governments worldwide should be promoting to protect their citizens from the risks of complete dependants on pieces of paper as a store of value. Even if the risks are handled and fiat currencies survive for decades to come history makes it very clear that their eventual collapse is inevitable. As others have already said, it would have nice if Bitcoin and other alternatives featured on both sides of the discussion.
i completly agree with ya dude

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:54:37 PM

Excellent article and one governments worldwide should be promoting to protect their citizens from the risks of complete dependants on pieces of paper as a store of value.
That doesn't make any sense at all.

How much effort do you think a farmer puts into protecting his cows from milking?
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:17:23 PM

We've arrived at the point where the banks are no longer working hand in hand with governments, banks have governments over a barrel now and are screwing them wholesale.
Banks and government are two sides of the same coin. Certainly in the US there's a constant revolving door between the most powerful banks and the highest levels of government.

Maybe you're talking about some of the smaller countries in the world that feel the effects of US imperialism via the banking system.

In any case nobody involved with any power to speak of has the slightest interest in protecting the financial well-being of the general population.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: