Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 02:38:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EU hates Bitcoin  (Read 444 times)
kingkats0803

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:19:10 AM

That really is not true buddy! there are a lot of articles that spreads good news with regards to acceptance of Bitcoin and other cryptos in the member states of EU. And yes, I am totally in agreement that any claim of heavy density should be backed with sources by citing articles or publications. Such as the one posted here and quoted

That may be your opinion but please you need to back it up with facts such as citing links!
Try and read this artile where UK (a member of EU) noted "cryptocurrency industry as being severely misunderstood by mainstream institutions" thus the establishment of Crypto UK trade Body. Enjoy reading and hope this changes your opinion and perspective. hehehe

https://news.bitcoin.com/seven-companies-form-uk-cryptocurrency-trade-body/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:22:57 AM

From all I have read, countries like France and Germany have nothing against crypto currencies, in contrary.
But they want regulations. One statement of their finance ministers is the following:
"Tokens and their potential for financial innovation should not be left to those who make the worst use of them."
To me that shows how much they appreciate crypto currencies. But they have recogniced as well that many scammers use them.

It's me!!!
icol333

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 09:29:25 AM

Whoa, not all of EU hates the presence of bitcoin, bud.
There are a lot of projects running already that using bitcoin and cryptocurrency as their base until now, even there are new projects as well!
If you are referring EU as Germany or France, so yes, they are "not-that-pro" with bitcoin. But it doesn't mean that all EUs are against bitcoin. At least put a reference so you aren't considered as FUD spreader.

●     REPME    
██    TWITTER    █ ▌   WHITEPAPER   ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
Irene80

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:13:36 AM

They say that EU has followed the development of bitcoin, but it has not issued any regulation of the legality or acceptance. So, it's a not a reaction of hate Smiley
gnerro2

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

illustrator

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:01:50 PM

Michael Jackson hates bitcoin too. He never said it but that's my opinion so I'm going to say it with nothing to back it up. The EU is not even a thing that can hate 'bitcoin' anyway, how can a collective of countries hate a virtual currency? Some people in the EU will hate bitcoin, others will not.

Germany and France are anti bitcoin.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/02/09/france-germany-demand-bitcoin-clampdown/

They are even calling for a cooperative regulation among countries. They are the most vocal among the EU countries but I don't think that other nation will listen to them. I guess this is going to be a long war.

But we all know that bitcoin is unstoppable at this point, If you are going to go against it. Then you will be left out. And I'm sure that even though that their might be some EU countries that will ban it, their citizens will find a way to engaged themselves in trade or investment.

germany and france.. aka most criminal countries in eu.

#@@     #@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@         %@@@@@@@@           
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       *@@@     /@@*         
            #@@@@@@@@@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@       @@@       @@@         
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       #@@*      @@%         
            #@@     #@@   /@@&&&&&   @@@&&&&&  @@@&&&&&&  #@@@&#%@@@&
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:02:07 PM

Hi,

Actually... I understand your feeling... But it is hard to simplify that way. Just because the economic, political situation is highly different from one "European" country to another.

Yet, what is true is that the leading European countries (Germany, France and the UK, even though the latter have a strange status) are against crypto. They need to keep control over their currency, that's always how they have used their fiat power. So creating a currency allowing people to be anonymous and get rid of their control.. is a real nightlare for them!

But again, as in any other country, and even though the territory is large, I think such ban is impossible to set up!

cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:14:18 PM

Michael Jackson hates bitcoin too. He never said it but that's my opinion so I'm going to say it with nothing to back it up. The EU is not even a thing that can hate 'bitcoin' anyway, how can a collective of countries hate a virtual currency? Some people in the EU will hate bitcoin, others will not.

Germany and France are anti bitcoin.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/02/09/france-germany-demand-bitcoin-clampdown/

They are even calling for a cooperative regulation among countries. They are the most vocal among the EU countries but I don't think that other nation will listen to them. I guess this is going to be a long war.

But we all know that bitcoin is unstoppable at this point, If you are going to go against it. Then you will be left out. And I'm sure that even though that their might be some EU countries that will ban it, their citizens will find a way to engaged themselves in trade or investment.

Do you read what you post?

In the article it states how they are calling for further regulation to limit money laundering and counter terrorism financing. This is not a battle against cryptocurrencies, it is a battle against money laundering and terrorism.

This is like the argument that guns should not be regulated because it takes someone to fire a gun. The gun facilitates someone being able to harm another, just like cryptocurrencies are facilitating illegal activities. Regulating one or the other is not a statement of being anti guns or anti cryptocurrency.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: