Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey everyone - New to mining. Going to be mining alt coins to stack and hope  (Read 122 times)
lostkrypto.ca (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:39:26 PM

Hi,

Hope all are doing well. I have an antminer D3. It arrives this week. I've been looking around and it brought me here.

Does anyone have any basic tips for the d3? Like currency, or overclock. Firmware? Alt coins. New coins. Pre release coins  Cool. Thanks in advance!

I Must DM someone on this forum . Lychee I think.

MINE AWAY!BTC

[/i

http://www.cryptocompare.com/media/1382997/antminer-t9.png
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:19:06 PM

Hi,

Hope all are doing well. I have an antminer D3. It arrives this week. I've been looking around and it brought me here.

Does anyone have any basic tips for the d3? Like currency, or overclock. Firmware? Alt coins. New coins. Pre release coins  Cool. Thanks in advance!

I Must DM someone on this forum . Lychee I think.

MINE AWAY!BTC

[/i

It's going to be a bummer for you if you bought the D3 to mine alot of different altcoins. The D3 only mines X11 coins, and really the only popular altcoin that runs that is DASH. I guess you could hope for the best and mine some really unknown coins, but you're probably going to be left with a bag of nothing.

You can look up all the altcoins you can mine here, https://whattomine.com/calculators Simply put in X11 as the algo in the search bar.

lostkrypto.ca (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:25:48 PM

I know... I'm pretty bummed out about that. But that's why i want to try and find some alt coin/dash to mine, and just get my investment and move on.

The Antminer A3 for ethereum should be the next big one right? Until like the d3 it floods the market?

Is this how things seem to go or is their a tried and true algorithm /coin base that has instances where it remains viable? Like SHA 256 or Scrypt? Would a S9 be good?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: