Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:24:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase.Instant limits  (Read 867 times)
AbS0rb (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:02:48 PM

First of all wanted to say that i'm a customer of Coinbase and i'm very happy to use them,i think it is the one the best services i used ever and i'm proud that i live in the same city where it is established(something like 20 minutes to get to their office Smiley).
I've used their instant buy service since they launched it and there were no problems with it,just a smile on my face,it was as easy as to breathe,the perfect place for me.
When price drops i used all the limit(50 BTC/day) and it was good time. But recently they lowered their limits to 10 BTC/week @ instant and the rest - the same it was before(like 4 days of waiting) and it isn't enough for me. Just wanted to ask Coinbase to set limits back.I know it was done as a precaution from thefts and so on,but still any chances for this to happen? Anyone thinking the same? Maybe some other places where i'll have higher limits?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

I thought you could still buy up to 50 coins per day? You just don't get them instantly unless it is 10 coins or less?

Don't tell me they keep changing the amounts continuously. So you can't depend on them. as they may flake out any second.   
cbhelp

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:31:18 AM

10 btc instantly is pretty damn good considering they don't even have their money from you fir like 2 days
btc4ever

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:34:24 AM

If I lived in SF I would just attend the weekly buttonwood meetup.   Coinbase is subject to ACH chargeback fraud due to their interaction with the legacy banking system.  That is the reason they have to start imposing limits, etc.   PayPal started out quite nicely and customer friendly also, but imposed increasingly draconian measures to combat fraud inherent in the legacy system.

Psst!!  Wanna make bitcoin unstoppable? Why the Only Real Way to Buy Bitcoins Is on the Streets. Avoid banks and centralized exchanges.   Buy/Sell coins locally.  Meet other bitcoiners and develop your network.   Try localbitcoins.com or find or start a buttonwood / satoshi square in your area.  Pass it on!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: