Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:20:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to invest successfully and safely  (Read 117 times)
LuvCyanide (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:09:35 PM

What are your rules for successful and safe investment based on your own experience?

Security

1. Never register accounts on exchange platforms, wallet accounts on the same email. For bounty campaigns also create a unique mail. This is not difficult, but in this way you will protect yourself.
2. Always use two-factor protection everywhere: on exchanges, wallets.
3. Never open unknown links in email, on the Internet. First, make sure it is safe.
4. Store passwords and keys not only on your computer or phone. Print it out. There is a good program to store all passwords - https://www.stickypassword.com.
5. Use cold wallets. Ledger Nano, for example.

Investment

1. Do not invest all the money in one basket. Diversify your money.
2. If you do not know how to analyze the market , do not invest in any currency rashly,especially in the hay. Use the paid signals, expert advice. Read the forum. Smart investors always invest in a currency when it is at the bottom.
3. Do not be greedy ever. Fix your profits. Don't expect the currency to make X5 and you will become a millionaire.  If you don`t want to lose all your money, act thoughtfully.
4. Always keep part of the money in Fiat in case the currency is poured, you will have the money to buy at the bottom.
5. Split your money. Trade in Bitcoin and dollars. So profitable.
6. Set stop loss.
7. Do not invest the last and other people's money.

All successful trading!BTCBTCBTCBTC

If you were interested, share merit with me. Thank You!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:44:13 AM
Merited by Linuld (1)

1. Never register accounts on exchange platforms, wallet accounts on the same email. For bounty campaigns also create a unique mail. This is not difficult, but in this way you will protect yourself.

I use same email id but different passwords for each site but if I plan to enable 2fa function then I will go for the same password also because hacker can't get into my account just with my username and password.

Before depositing my money into any of these online accounts I will enable 2fa otherwise no. Because I don't so many accounts list in 2fa app.

3. Never open unknown links in email, on the Internet. First, make sure it is safe.

Install a good antivirus original software on your PC to take care this part otherwise it is difficult to manage.

4. Store passwords and keys not only on your computer or phone. Print it out. There is a good program to store all passwords - https://www.stickypassword.com.

I don't recommend to use any of the software to store your passwords instead do it manually on paper for your own safety.

I use most of the desktop wallets for regular use and paper wallets for storing coins long term.
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:33:59 AM

What are your rules for successful and safe investment based on your own experience?

Security

Investment

2. If you do not know how to analyze the market , do not invest in any currency rashly,especially in the hay. Use the paid signals, expert advice. Read the forum. Smart investors always invest in a currency when it is at the bottom.
3. Do not be greedy ever. Fix your profits. Don't expect the currency to make X5 and you will become a millionaire.  If you don`t want to lose all your money, act thoughtfully.
4. Always keep part of the money in Fiat in case the currency is poured, you will have the money to buy at the bottom.
6. Set stop loss.

Yours seem pretty awesome to me... I'd probably add a couple of things to the investment list though and slight adjustments to the wording of a few.
Edit* 1. Do not invest all the money in one basket. Diversify your money.  (20% Fiat 30+% BTC or ETH and all alts)  Diversifying needs to be across large mids and small caps, not just 3-5 different alt coins.
Edit* 4. Always keep part of the money in Fiat in case the currency is poured, you will have the money to buy at the bottom...(and also always hold BTC and ETH to cost correct mistakes in alt coins when BTC or ETH is mooning.. 15% fiat.. 30-40% BTC/ETH and the rest your investment you are trying to gain on.)
Edit* 6. Set stop loss (and stop limits protecting profits on parabolic runups.. aka trailing stop to allow the overhead for things to run but the second it tries to runaway from you, you pull the plug.. I use stop limits almost more for protecting gains in profit over stop loss mechanic.)
8. Never trade based off of USD value.. use BTC or ETH instead.. BTC will kill investment gains if calculated only in USD.. any investment that you are not beating BTC or ETH comparitive when you close the trade is a bad trade.
9. Don't mindlessly hodl.. the market moves positions and lots of gains are missed by not participating.  (maybe a more advanced strategy but once you understand the moving parts and how to be in the correct position= USD/BTC/Alts = move to the position thats next gonna be the most vital and wait it out there.. BTC going up or down can lead to a 30+% position trade in alts.. and USDT in fud can lead to 30% or more position trade with BTC/ETH.. money often only moves one direction and you can double dip on the success by being in the correct position while locking in your earlier position's profits.
10. Any trade where you make money is a good trade.. not every trade needs to be a 5X homerun.. and won't be.  Learn to take 6-10% profit if thats the best you can do.. remember its not just about the % gained its about how long it takes.. if you make 6-10% in 12 hours, thats a much more effective trade per time spent than 200% in 6 months.

yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:04:41 AM

Security

Investment

6. Set stop loss.

Basically, I do like you do and my account safe (until now ). One more thing, when I set stop loss I also calculate take profit point to give me sign that this is time to leave the market. Year a go I don't have take profit point, so I always hold with out sign when to leave market and unfortunately loss become my friends. I don't want it happen again, so take profit point is necessary.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: