Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:32:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin the dollar equivalent?  (Read 538 times)
Digital Mutant (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:22:00 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 10:09:13 PM by Digital Mutant

If we compare the crypto assets market to the stocks markets in general, can Bitcoin be considerated as the equivalent of the dollar?
In the stock exchage we buy shares with dollars.
In the cryptocurrencies exchanges we buy tokens or coins with bitcoins(and other cryptocurrencies, Litecoins, etc).
RNC

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:28:37 PM

Bitcoin is loosing ground to other coins and not only is it slow but the fees are far too high
and need to get back to a few cents just like they were for most of the past eight years.

We liked on-block with low fees and we are not getting that with Lightning and are being taken for
fools not to call the hubs banks and they are just playing with words.
gaby0312

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:31:23 PM

I don't really that think we can consider Bitcoin as the equivalent of dollars: $ belongs to the government whereas BTC is completely decentralized. Their systems are completely different.
Bous

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:36:03 PM

Well, in my opinion, governments will never allow Bitcoin as principal way of payment (such as dollars). As they can't control it, that would be useless for them. And we must not forget that BTC stays a CRYPTOcurrency.
Rahman11

Activity: 1428
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:42:12 PM

I think it's something like that, we are joining with stock markets and buying share for gaining profit on the other way I think same situation stand for we are want to buy cryptocurrency for gaining profit.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:00:41 PM

Difinitely bitcoin is not actually equivalent into dollar in terms of value, it is because the total value of bitcoin is more higher when we compare into dollar, one bitcoin today is equivalent to $10,000 dollar more or less. If ever bitcoin price level will equivalent into dollar, that's a useless thing in bitcoin, and cause lesser interested to access bitcoin.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
entemeister

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:09:27 PM

If we compare the crypto assets market to the stocks markets in general, can Bitcoin be considerated as the equivalent of the dollar?
In the cryptocurrencies exchanges we buy tokens or coins with bitcoins(and other cryptocurrencies, Litecoins, etc).

Bitcoin has another function , it´s the bridge between virtual and fiat currencies , when people get into crypto they buy bitcoin and with bitcoin they buy altcoins , when they want to get cash they sell altcoins for bitcoin and bitcoin for cash
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:20:47 PM

I agree with the OP, I don't really look at the value per USD I look at the BTC value and of course like many other people we are simply tring to grow our main coins such as BTC, ETH, LTC... so we should look at their value. USD value is really irrelevant if you are in this game for long time and will simply use it as a currency later in your life.

Bitcoin is loosing ground to other coins and not only is it slow but the fees are far too high
and need to get back to a few cents just like they were for most of the past eight years.

We liked on-block with low fees and we are not getting that with Lightning and are being taken for
fools not to call the hubs banks and they are just playing with words.

Have you tried SegWit? You clearly don't have any idea about how low fees are now. I am sending transactions with fees less than 1 dollar now with SegWit! Bitcoin is losing dominance only because it is to much expensive for people who neter the market seeking for an 100x ROI and while with bitcoin it is much harder to achieve this goal as alts move faster which is why we have seen money slowly sliding down to alts. Bitcoin will not die and it is here to stay there have to be competition in this field.
RioAnjay

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:32:20 PM

It seems to take a long time to convince everyone, if bitcoin equals dollar, because bitcoin is different with dollar, I think let bitcoin run according to its function and its importance respectively.
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:35:58 PM

It's very possible once it's even better to use bitcoin from dollars, even though the dollar is steady but bitcoin with rising prices is good and gives better returns.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Asuspawer09

Activity: 1694
Merit: 435

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:55:35 PM

Every currency differs, so does the virtual and real currency. Both has a value yet will always differ. So saying something could have been equivalent is  like saying they are taking the same economical state. This could rarely happen but not all the time. Dollars and bitcoins are two different currencies with different values.

Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:09:03 AM

I think bitcoin is more than a dollar equivalent because 1bitcoin is already reach $20000 dollar. Dollar is just a conversion rate we used for bitcoins and other digital currencies because it is an international monetary currency. After we got bitcoin we need to convert it into our local money and not a dollar before we can widraw it.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:22:08 AM

These two currencies between dollars and bitcoins are just as great in their respective worlds, I think bitcoin can be better than the dollar, because the bitcoin range can be widespread with the internet network, and the ever-rising prices are soaring and also free of inflation.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:26:06 AM

Even though I don't really believe in the comparison you're making (I think there are a lot more benefits to cryptocurrencies that you leave out as well as some downsides), I wouldn't really consider the dollar to be a bitcoin equivalent. With fiat currencies, there isn't one "central hub currency" that you can always use to get all the other currencies. If that was the case, that main currency would be worth way more. Bitcoin is like the major currency that you can use to buy other currencies and that often can drive the price up.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:30:41 AM

What do you mean in terms of the ratio of the value of the assets you have, and if that's what you mean, certainly the answer is no, because currently bitcoins have asset values ​​higher than the dollar. But if you mean the same as having the highest gain, these two exchanges are certainly the correct answer.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:42:36 AM

I would consider Bitcoin more like gold.  Gold is accepted anywhere in any country.  I think Bitcoin someday will rise to that level.  I look at Bitcoin more like an asset than a currency like the dollar.  The dollar is backed by the USA government, while Bitcoin is backed by everyday people. 
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:47:58 AM

I think BTC is the network of virtual network gold! You can't see it, but BTC has his meaning! Many people use storage, invest!

The difference is that the number of BTC is very small, the storage of gold is very big!
Viellefox1025

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:03:07 AM

You can also buy other coins in dollar. I think that bitcoin can be a commodity and also a currency, so it is more complex than the dollar.
roronoa zoro

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:04:45 AM

Bitcoin itu setara dengan dollar yaitu sama-sama memiliki nilai kurs yang tinggi.Jadi bedanya ada pada bentuk fisik kalau bicoin itu mata uang virtual dan dollar itu mata uang riil.Kesimpulannya adalah dollar penggunaannya terbatas sedangkan bitcoin itu penggunanya banyak dan berbagai kalangan.So bitcoin bisa dikatakan lebih berharga dari pada dollar.
Windbeard

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:24:51 AM

The cost of ordinary currencies is insured by gold assets or central banks. The value of Bitcoin is that its just a limited amount. Bitcoin does not depend on any changes in the value of the underlying assets of countries, but relies on the basic principles of market demand and supply.

There is no global financial management that limits or increases the number of Bitcoins available, unlike conventional currencies, which can be managed by central banks. There is less uncertainty associated with this, since Bitcoin can not be used to control inflation or economic growth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: