Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:40:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie here ! Help me :)  (Read 459 times)
joms123 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:25:06 AM

Any suggestion guys? What crypto wallet should i get first? Is it depends on what crypto that im going to get?

I want to get started . pls help. . Thank you !
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sheyrn

Activity: 354
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:34:05 AM

Any suggestion guys? What crypto wallet should i get first? Is it depends on what crypto that im going to get?

yes it depends which cryptocurrency you want to get and from there you would know which wallet you will get. In my experience I start with bitcoin I'm pretty sure you know that bitcoin is the one we use to purchase other cryptocurrency.
TheNamesHankFuckface

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:51:01 AM

Yes it depends from crypto. But some wallets can store multiple cryptos. You can use electrum or blockchain wallet for bitcoin.Then there are MyEtherWallet or MetaMask for ethereum and ERC20 tokens (omisego,augur, golem...). There are also Exodus, Coinomi, Jaxx... What crypto are you getting?
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:02:01 AM

I'd get MEW along with a Ledger Nano S.. cold storage in crypto is a very important thing and might as well start out with good practices.. Most people who join here will want to do bounties/airdrops and MEW (MyEtherWallet) will allow you to do both..

MyEtherWallet - http://www.myetherwallet.com  - MAKE SURE you save it as a bookmark, the address is often a phishing scam..
Ledger Nano S - https://www.ledgerwallet.com/ - DO NOT order these from third party vendors (including Amazon).. they can be tampered with or completely fake or presetup in a way where they have the private key.. just don't do it.  When you buy a Nano, the 24 word phrase keys should be blank and the device should have you write them down.. no list of words already given or anything like that... this means someone else has the recovery for the private key and it shouldn't be used.
MEW and Ledger Pairing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPpZxOjvU10  - this is the guide I followed when I set up mine last year.. its very concise and step by step.

Bitcoin wallet can be anything compatible with Ledger Nano S.. they also have an app for NEO, XRP, and some others if you need individual support for some chains that arent ERC20 compatible..but be aware you can only have 5 apps on the Nano installed at the same time (although MEW with ERC20 will support 100s of tokens).

Good Luck
sharifbd

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:35:25 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 03:00:38 AM by sharifbd

Obviously, Did you read this thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0#post_types  ?? if you read this thread carefully and attentively, you will get your answer.
cript-ex

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:51:05 AM

Hi there, read this thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:44:24 AM

Yes, it depends on the cryptos you would like to buy, but it is hard to go wrong with crypto hardware wallets such as Trezor and Ledger Nano S. These are not cheap, but bring peace of mind and convenience.
NSS7788

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 12:14:52 PM

Foe etherium based coins you have to create ethereum based wallets like myetherwallet. For NEO based wallets you have to create neo wallets like Neo tracker..
pwchan001

Activity: 118
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:47:52 PM

Yes, as mentioned by other members, it really depends on which cryptocurrency you would like to store, most cryptocurrencies have their own wallet in which you can save your own coins and you may simply install the one that you are interested in. However, if you would like to store some ERC20 tokens, then I would recommend you using MyEtherWallet which is a wallet that allows you to manage various ERC20 tokens at the same time.

Welcome to feeless future! (https://discord.gg/tdN4ue6)
compimprove

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:44:02 PM

Yes, it depends on what crypto you get. There are so many crypto, each need a particular wallet
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:04:38 PM

Yes it is, if your getting bitcoin wallet you may try mycellium ,coinbase, jax,  and for erc20 tokens myetherwallet isbthe answer and always   be careful in picking which altcoin to invest in.
FierceChan

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:03:22 AM

Dompet kripto yang anda dapatkan yang bisa menyimpan banyak kripto dan masing-masing kripto membutuhkan dompet tertentu. Anda bisa menggunakan dompet hadware kripto seperti Trezor dan Ledger nano S. Yang membuat anda nyaman dan tenang pikiran walau tidak murah. Saran saya, Anda harus mencari penjelasan-penjelasan tentang dompet kripto apa yang hrus anda gunakan agar sesuai dengan keinginan dan kebutuhan.

This is an English-speaking part of forum!
mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:02:23 PM

blockchain wallet and mycelium are good wallets to store your bitcoin. For tokens specially erc20 tokens you cab use myetherwallet ,imtoken, and metamask
xrpdavid

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:58:21 PM

My main advice would be to be very careful, whatever you choose to buy or invest in. Always triple check the address your sending funds to, the websites you're on etc. So much scamming and hacking going on unfortunately.

boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:03:21 PM

For which crypto you need wallet?
If you want wallet for ether and erc20 tokens use trezor. Trezor is also supporting bitcoin and some other altcoins so I would suggest you to do research about trezor wallet. For every crypto one basic rule applies - every crypto has its own wallet.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:59:10 PM

To have the bitcoin you choose the desktop wallet or hardware wallet. Those are seems secured and not been hacked. Please follow the list of mine below.

1: Bitcoin core
2: Electrum
3: Multibit

If you are comfortable with the online wallet use Blockchain.info or Coinbase.

For having the tokens you have to choose the MyEtherWallet only. Other wallet would not support all the tokens. Expect this I suggest to use the Jaxx wallet have the altcoins on one wallet.
wildan-nizar

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:07:49 AM

Lots of nice wallets but you can start and try in VIP bitcoin because its usage is easy and reliable
Altcoins enthusiast

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:54:14 AM

The foundation of cryptocurrencies is built on bitcoin and blockchain technology and I do think the best wallet to get if you are coming to cryptocurrencies is bitcoin wallets both for online and offline. From there you can now learned how tokens and coins work and then open account with myetherwallet were you will have an ethereum account for your tokens.
Dasvino

Activity: 272
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:35:58 AM

I think it depends on you who get the coin. because crypto has a variety of different coins that each have a different address and privat key.
for example such as address eth, waves or bitcoin

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
fara_buduk

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

gik nyareh proyek seteppak pas sepak

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:33:24 PM

many options for the wallet all depends on the needs of the crypto in follow but I suggest you use myetherwallet that can store Erc20 token network etherial platform that many use crypto project

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: