Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:24:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain 3.0 = DAG??  (Read 451 times)
bornforfreedom (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:51:50 AM

I really think the future of blockchain tech will be DAG (directed acyclic graphs). In short, this is what DAG tech is:

"In mathematics and computer science, a directed acyclic graph, is a finite directed graph with no directed cycles. It consists of finitely many vertices and edges, with each edge directed from one vertex to another, such that there is no way to start at any vertex v and follow a consistently-directed sequence of edges that eventually loops back to v again. A DAG is a directed graph that has a topological ordering, a sequence of the vertices such that every edge is directed from earlier to later in the sequence."

Article: https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2018/02/blockchain-3-0-with-directed-acyclic-graphs-dag-for-ten-of-thousands-of-transactions-per-second.html

Advantages include quick transactions, no mining required, and can handle small payments. I've been getting into projects that include DAG networks such as IoT Chain because I truly believe the future of blockchain will be DAG.

Thoughts??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rmilly

Activity: 312
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:12:48 AM

I think dag coins/tech is still fairly new and iot chain is a must-watch in terms of what they're doing with it. I do not doubt that iot chain will kill the game for internet of things. By just looking at IOTA, there are many inherent problems like the centralized architecture and just plain security of the project. Lots of hope for DAG and ITC
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:30:58 PM

thanks for sharing. gotta look more into the intricacies of dag tech, but invested into ITC for a while now. I got into them because of the idea and team.
cvan

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:49:35 PM

one of my fav reads about itc would be by hackernoon (https://hackernoon.com/the-alternative-crypto-iot-chain-itc-b6c8621120ae)

thought this was a great breakdown of the coin. they're gaining momentum which is great for the rest of us.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:55:44 PM

DAG has good idea, but question is how secure it actually is. I mean it might even be secure as of this moment of writing but we don't know yet. DAG protocol might be used more in future but I am sure "old" protocols such as blockchain will be used as well. People will decide which one is better by the price of each token/coin that is there. DAG actually is not blockchain and this is why I wouldn't call DAG to be blockchain 3.0
setifien19

Activity: 472

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:28:25 PM

DAG has came with a bright idea that seems to be a strong alternative to blockchain technology , but some points must be fixed in order to maximise its productivity , among others :
1) High traffic is needed before it can run operation.
2) Vulnerability to attacks .
stronghandsdeeppockets

Activity: 266
Merit: 27

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:35:24 PM

I think dag coins/tech is still fairly new and iot chain is a must-watch in terms of what they're doing with it. I do not doubt that iot chain will kill the game for internet of things. By just looking at IOTA, there are many inherent problems like the centralized architecture and just plain security of the project. Lots of hope for DAG and ITC
Centralized arhitecture has been addressed. They will completely remove the Coordinator this year (it will be steady, not all at once).

Regarding security...umm...What do you mean? First of all, IOTA is quantum-proof (Winternitz One time Signature Protocol). Of course, this reduces the usability a bit, as you (for now) have to be careful not to screw up and lose your funds. However, plans are in place for Merkle Signature Scheme (which will enable a superaddress that doesn't need to be changed every time). The Coordinator is also in charge with the security, protecting the Tangle from 33% attacks and others.
ceferov

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 10:45:57 PM

DAG has good idea, but question is how secure it actually is. I mean it might even be secure as of this moment of writing but we don't know yet. DAG protocol might be used more in future but I am sure "old" protocols such as blockchain will be used as well. People will decide which one is better by the price of each token/coin that is there. DAG actually is not blockchain and this is why I wouldn't call DAG to be blockchain 3.0

I heard many times security problem of DAG. That's Why I also bought some IoT Chain - ITC. They using DAG as XRB and IOTA but they have a small fee. And that fee will allow them to built more secure system. Actually IOT Chain is using a bit more developed form of  DAG not pure DAG.

I believe DAG Chain is better idea than block chain and will outperform blockchain in near future. I don't hold much but XRB is game changer. Better than any P2P payment coins. More speed, 0 fee. What else any payment coin can need?

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:55:09 PM

I really think the future of blockchain tech will be DAG (directed acyclic graphs). In short, this is what DAG tech is:

"In mathematics and computer science, a directed acyclic graph, is a finite directed graph with no directed cycles. It consists of finitely many vertices and edges, with each edge directed from one vertex to another, such that there is no way to start at any vertex v and follow a consistently-directed sequence of edges that eventually loops back to v again. A DAG is a directed graph that has a topological ordering, a sequence of the vertices such that every edge is directed from earlier to later in the sequence."

Article: https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2018/02/blockchain-3-0-with-directed-acyclic-graphs-dag-for-ten-of-thousands-of-transactions-per-second.html

Advantages include quick transactions, no mining required, and can handle small payments. I've been getting into projects that include DAG networks such as IoT Chain because I truly believe the future of blockchain will be DAG.

Thoughts??
Lol are you shilling for IoT Chain? DAG is not blockchain and blockchain is not DAG. DAG was working on the different system that has been used the server to validating the transaction. That's obviously centralized coin if the server managed by the developer itself.

instead call DAG as blockchain 3.0 and i was saying if that was another bullshit.

Learn how DAG works and the difference with the blockchain.
yselacreyo3

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 02:07:53 AM

Something I've seen from the DAG, but this topic made me grow curious to investigate more about it and if you hear well the numerous benefits you list, if it is real then surely this kind of technology will have an incredible future!

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 02:37:21 AM

I once called iota, byteball, and nano (formerly raiblocks) dag projects and to be blockchain 3.0 and a techie guy got mad with me and schooled me on coding.
...I couldn't understand half of what he said.
But, on more research he was quite right, a lot of these projects use similar technologies but there are some key differences, not all of them are strictly dag.

But, I still stick to these kinds of projects as being blockchain 3.0, the third generation of decentralized platforms.
For me, the biggest barrier I see for mainstream crypto adoption is simple: it is faster, easier, and cheaper to pay using paypal, visa, mastercard etc.
Eventually, this wild speculation and crypto bubble will burst, and I want a future where crypto is actually used.
I just don't see that happening when it takes 30 min. to and hour for a transaction to go through, or pay a ridiculous amount to have it go through faster.

feeless, scalable, fast, that is what I see to be the future of crypto.
So for me, dag all the way.

shainasaz

Activity: 372
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:59:47 AM

Its a very interesting topic and also its very informative since DAG launched in this crypto world many people don't know what is it all about but interms of blockchain all knew about it but behind on it there was a difference work of process in the internet systems and might be one of this will be the good in the future with this time of high technology application  hence DAG is the latest systems protocol.

silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:39:02 AM

Thoughts??

I think the structure of DAG is just like the ArchBlock because they're both using the Blockchain 3.0 technology. Hopefully, this project will be a successful one as well.
stronghandsdeeppockets

Activity: 266
Merit: 27

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:56:40 AM

Thoughts??
Lol are you shilling for IoT Chain? DAG is not blockchain and blockchain is not DAG. DAG was working on the different system that has been used the server to validating the transaction. That's obviously centralized coin if the server managed by the developer itself.

instead call DAG as blockchain 3.0 and i was saying if that was another bullshit.

Lmao, DAG is a blockchain.
"Learn how DAG works"
Brothersav

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:04:24 AM

Thoughts??

I think you're spot on. Combine DAG with quantum computing and then you have the future. As skeptical as I am with hcash, I hold a small amount.

legenduim

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:33:34 PM

Thoughts??

I don’t think that DAG represent itself any danger to the traditional cryptocurrency technology and that it is a real competitor to blockchain. Of course many people think the blockchain is slow but there are many ways to improve it.
ceferov

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 03:46:10 PM

Thoughts??

I think you don't have any idea about how DAG works. Actually not server validating transaction but senders validating it. And sender should validete 2 transfers which made before him. And that mining uses very low power so no need ASICs or so.

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
awilliams

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:26:11 PM

What a great discussion going on here. I found this great read about DAG: https://www.forbes.com/sites/shermanlee/2018/01/22/explaining-directed-acylic-graph-dag-the-real-blockchain-3-0/#31838917180b

DAG and blockchain are similar but different. But I think it's easier to call it blockchain 3.0 so people can understand what it means.

I read that IoT Chain is DAG+PBFT
Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:33:25 PM

found an FAQ from itc that answers the key differences between itc and other IoT projects like IOTA - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UUQFGav30bdT1nwlBbb4bEsnqkAMVWAr2N1fV_Nh9jY/edit#heading=h.b7d7pi337pru
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:41:13 PM

Will crypto currencies based on DAG replace blockchain ?  Hard to say.  Although there are obvious advantages when it comes to these DAG systems, they are still far from being a popular alternative, and very few projects are working on it.  Nevertheless, these projects have earned their place in the cryptosphere, especially IOTA, the incoming top-15 crypto currency by market capitalization.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: