Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:14:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $100,000 to invest. Should I buy BTC or ETH or altcoins?  (Read 750 times)
BinManR

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:05:57 AM

Long-term investment in ETH or BTC, prices are quite high. Short-term investment in a few altcoin such as NEO, LTC, DASH. That is my strategic idea. You can refer to it.
allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:09:26 AM

It all comes down to how much are you willing to risk? Are you going to live on the streets if you would lose the money? The less risky move is of course to stick to BTC and ETH with most of your investment but maybe not so exciting. If you want high risk with potential to get really high reward you need to look at other coins or maybe even invest in ICO's. There are many coins with great potential you just need to DYOR.
Akosibatman

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:11:16 AM

Actually there are 4 things to consider before investing in bitcoin or eth or altcoins, first is its volatility, the exchange rate of btc has gone up in the past by large quantities. They say what goes up, must go down. If you have that large amount of money, strong upward and downward swings are not for you so stay away from this. Second is its value, no one knows what the fundamental value of one bitcoin is, it is pure supply and demand. 3rd is the regulation, bitcoin is not regulated by any central bank or government for me it is a positive feedback when no one owns it. It is own the bitcoin community itself so no worries when investing because it just only depends on the supply and demand of bitcoin community. Lastly is its security, security has been the key concern surrounding bitcoin, it is more secure than most existing financial services. Bitcoin cant be hacked even by greatest hackers thatswhy until now bitcoin exist.
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:38:37 AM

I suggest you to invest about 30% in BTC and ETH. And other part to promising projects like ICON, AGI, Zilliqa and other.
Briella18

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:51:18 AM

I further recommend to buy ETH than on BTC
barontamago

Activity: 143

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:57:42 AM

Well if you want to invest that kind of money make your self knowledge about the different coin. Check the backgrounds and how it go in term of market. Dont be hasty about your move. Its okay to split that money to all coins. As long you know what coin your buying and if it have a potential for long term investment.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:13:39 AM

Hi, I am from taiwan and I have been introduced by a colleague to bitcointalk to learn more about cryptocurrencies.

I intend to start my portfolio with $100k and work my way up. I am managing a small private fund which usually invest into equities

but we are now interested in crypto.

Me and my team's initial research tells us to buy ETH, NEO, Monero, Dash, IOTA, Lisk and Tron.

Anyone here working in a fund house? Any inputs?

MingNa

Welcome to BitcoinTalk,

IMO you can exclude Tron and IOTA from your list and add some good coins like WAVES and STRAT others are fine with me.

Good Luck!

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
SlickTight

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:17:26 AM

Hi, I am from taiwan and I have been introduced by a colleague to bitcointalk to learn more about cryptocurrencies.

I intend to start my portfolio with $100k and work my way up. I am managing a small private fund which usually invest into equities

Me and my team's initial research tells us to buy ETH, NEO, Monero, Dash, IOTA, Lisk and Tron.

MingNa

I would invest in both of those. They are the big 2 bound to stick around.
But prices are also high.
Would invest in some of the smaller ones too. One will hit big.
At least thats my plan.

Cheesy

My opinion is invest in all of those altcoins, because when you stick in one altcoin there is a possibility to loses your money, and will not gain any profit, but if you invest in all of those altcoins there is a possibility to gain more profits! Good idea to invest in smaller ones and sooner it will hit big!
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:18:29 AM

With such a significant amount of investment in any case, you can not invest your money in one or even two digital coins. Now it is clearly necessary to invest in ethereum, this coin this year should well rise in price. Bitcoin is a little unpredictable in the sense that no one can predict the dynamics of its growth due to its shortcomings and a drop in its popularity. However, it still remains quite attractive for investment. Also good for investment remain litecoin, monero, bitcoin cash and other coins.

TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:19:13 AM

MingNa

You are good to go with your list although personally I think investing in Tron as well as NEO right now is a little bit riskier than the others. As compared to Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, IOTA, and Lisk, the two coins I mentioned might go down. NEO is china-based and the country is particularly irritable when it comes to crypto and ICOs and even crypto exchanges. Tron has risen very high already. You might want to add some Waves though for long term investment goals.
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:36:51 AM

this is a huge amount of bro!
I think personal coins now look good and potentially very profitable.
what you need to know:
* ready with all the risks and do not think about continued profits, I think the advantage will run with its own if we sure can get it.
* always be careful in doing something.
* The important thing is Do not pull all your eggs in one basket.

my suggestion is that you can invest in btc and eth, this is the head and tail of crypto that nest behind blockchain and this is a coin that can give you many advantages. you can save da 80% here and 20% for altcoins.
of any of these entries, keep Ball is in your court.
Casmania

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:41:02 AM

MingNa

I would invest in both of those. They are the big 2 bound to stick around.
But prices are also high.
Would invest in some of the smaller ones too. One will hit big.
At least thats my plan.

Cheesy

My opinion is invest in all of those altcoins, because when you stick in one altcoin there is a possibility to loses your money, and will not gain any profit, but if you invest in all of those altcoins there is a possibility to gain more profits! Good idea to invest in smaller ones and sooner it will hit big!

All of the altcoins mentioned (ETH, Monero,NEO<Dash,Iota,Lisk,Tron) almost belong to the top 20 altcoin currencies which I think is a good potential altcoin for investment which I believe could give you good profit. My suggestion is that you should have to study and learn more prior to do investment or you may consult some professionals that will advise you on your future investment atleast there is guidance coming from a professional with good reputation.
princess_mingna (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:33:49 AM

This is a great community.

Thanks for all the information guys.

My team has been doing research on all the currencies and planning to attend a few events to network with people

in this crypto circle.

If anyone is going to events, do message me. Thank you very much!

Btw I am not a bro Undecided lol

delitte

Activity: 168

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:39:36 AM

MingNa

For me If I have that amount of money then I would happy to wait the mega dip and will occur anytime soon and of course I would choose investing on Top Altcoin except Bitcoin.
I would rather choose Ethereum, NEO, LiteCoin and Ripple.
These coins are sure win and they're going to pump higher and higher every week and every month.
That's why I choose these Top Altcoins because they're already proved that they're worth on more investments and of course they will soon pump and will offer you high return investment in just a single year.

newuser20

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:42:47 AM

MingNa
Hi, I think you have to invest in btc, eth and tron. This crypto will become minimum x2 in the 2018 after the greatest correction at the beginning 2018 Smiley
focmere

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:47:28 AM

MingNa

You have a lot of money to Invest. The main advice is to Diversify. Therefore buy everything you have mentioned above, plus 50 other coins.
You could invest $1.000 in 70 different coins and then save $30.000 for 30 good ICOs that are coming out in 2018.
eyesopen

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:53:26 AM

I would suggest a 50/30/20 split between Bitcoin, Ethereum and Alts.
IMO Bitcoin has the greatest potential to give the greatest return long term.
With the lightning network nearing mass adoption there will be greater demand and useage for bitcoin.

Ethereum is always a safe bet its a steady performer.

Alts, what can I say you will have to do your own research as to what to go with,
everyone is going to suggest something different.
I think Alts are really a long term hold, you might be lucky and benefit from pump and dumps.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:59:45 AM

Good choose for majority of the coins but I would say that you should be cautious with Tron. Its more of a hype coin and instead of choosing Tron why there's no bitcoin in your interest?
Ethereum is always a safe bet its a steady performer.
Not IMO https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/964838207215955969
Glomerulus22

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:07:23 AM

20 % in BTC, 20 % in ETH, 30 % in stable TOP 25 coins - NEO, XLM, ICX, STRAT, 20 % altcoins with lowermarketcap: COSS, ECC, SNOV, DBC, HPB
10 % in good ICOs after your own substantial research - best pciks for February and march in my opinion - Ice Rock Mining, Effect AI, NEX and Bubbletone.

(https://www.anonfork.io/) ANON - new privacy coin with very cheap masternodes! Join  (https://t.me/anonymousbitcoin)
talinabtc

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:17:46 AM

For long term investing I would look to coins with real world applications. This will be like the internetboom, a few solid ones will come out well long term... And it is fun to think about applications! I prefer coins that do one thing well; like NANO. Smart contract coins will be hard to select the coins that will actually be used long term..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: