Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:08:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $100,000 to invest. Should I buy BTC or ETH or altcoins?  (Read 750 times)
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:52:23 PM

Hi, I am from taiwan and I have been introduced by a colleague to bitcointalk to learn more about cryptocurrencies.

I intend to start my portfolio with $100k and work my way up. I am managing a small private fund which usually invest into equities

but we are now interested in crypto.

Me and my team's initial research tells us to buy ETH, NEO, Monero, Dash, IOTA, Lisk and Tron.

Anyone here working in a fund house? Any inputs?

MingNa
I think you should split your investment to invest in different Altcoin. I think you can spend 20-60% for Bitcoin and Ethereum. And 20% for the Altcoin that you think it will rise sharply in the future. You can use the remaining 20% to invest in large ICO projects as it will be a potential investment that will help you make a lot of money.

hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:11:47 PM

Hi, I am from taiwan and I have been introduced by a colleague to bitcointalk to learn more about cryptocurrencies.

I intend to start my portfolio with $100k and work my way up. I am managing a small private fund which usually invest into equities

Me and my team's initial research tells us to buy ETH, NEO, Monero, Dash, IOTA, Lisk and Tron.

MingNa
Currently the best investment is etherium Because the price of the etherium is dumping in small small amounts and that is a type of opportunity to buy the coin at low and after that surely it will increase soon because demand of etherium coin is more than what we have demand with the bitcoin currently ( to use in ICOs to make tocken and also for faster transaction option for the payment in cryptourrency ) .
But still with the etherium you can directly invest in bitcoin also because currently the price of the bitcoin get started to increase and I think this time it will touch to new record of high price again , so chances are much here to make profit .
If you will ask about these altcoins that you mentioned like neo then Ofcourse these are better to buy for the better profit for long term investment .
digdags111

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:16:34 PM

IXT is targeting the huge market of insurance and reinsurance. Development is proceeding smoothly, and MVP (Minimum Viable Product) has already been completed.
As an insurance-related token that can be bought and sold, IXT is a step out, and I believe it will enter TOP 30 in the market capitalization rankings in a few years.
Current market capitalization is obviously cheap and it is not amusing to list it 50 times or more than 100 times.
IXledger, which is developing IXT, has collaborated with General Re, the main company of Berkshire Hathaway.
The headquarters of the company is located in London, the center of the global insurance market, and has expanded its offices to New York and Singapore.
On Asian tour of the other day, iXledger and Samsung have ageded to organize a series of blockchain events with the MIT Enterprise Forum of New York at the Samsung offices.
IXT is listed on Hitbtc, Qryptos, Yobit.

Telegram Link:https://t.me/iXledger
skaya7

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 01:22:49 PM

it is more difficult to get more risk, but if you take the risk, you earn as much as you both can, I think they both are popular and they do not go down a certain level. They have a lot of stability but they can invest in other altcoins

CRYPTOV8 ◄◄◄◄ Bringing banking to blockchain►►►► (https://www.cryptov8.com/)
cilgindansci

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

umachit.fund

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:25:43 PM

In the first place you should definitely have Ethereum and NEO. Bitcoin can also be added. You shouldn't ignore them.

ekn222

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:26:28 PM

Invest 10k Max and keep the rest in your account...unless you can afford to lose all of it
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:26:46 PM

MingNa
A good portfolio, but I would have invested part to ICO. Coins can give small X-s, a successful ICO can give even 100x.

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
snowbubble

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:32:58 PM

I think best is to invest in like 20 coins, 5% to each, just pick top30 and then do minus tether,tron and other "bad coins" and invest in stable one.
vencikolev97

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:22:37 PM

Guys have you heard of this new ICO? It sounds interesting.... browser using the blockchain technology allowing you to access any website like bloked ones and deep web ones without the internet provider knowing. Check it out   https://blockwebico.com
lil_jb

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:30:44 PM

Should of invested it a couple weeks ago you would more then doubled your money in any coin that you put it in.
But I would recommend you diversify and get both btc and ETH. As for alts I would say lisk, neo, eos, and ltc
serkhio

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:36:31 PM

Divide your funds into several parts, one part for the bitcoin and eth, as both of them are public chain. Also, choose some alt coins which have some potential.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ecoin_bestcoin

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:41:31 PM

all 3 Smiley, I'd recommend safer alt coins like NEO for the most part and a few like IOTA or LINK for huge ROI (but also higher risk)
jundy020

Activity: 191

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:45:30 PM

Investing in both is the safest way but investing more in BTC, since it's hot and rapidly increasing its value, may give you morr profit than ETH nowadays and don't focus on this 2 big cryptocurrency there are a lot more altcoins out there that has potential to gain more price value of theirs.
twtrader

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:00:51 PM

MingNa

Happy New Year Princess MingNa!
I also live in Taiwan. I run a small family investment fund, a little larger than yours now after a year trading in Bitcoin and alts. I would strongly encourage you to buy and hold some Bitcoin only, for a while. Maybe 4 of them.  Meanwhile you could do paper-trading while you research altcoins more carefully. The alts behave so different from equities that it really takes some time to re-educate oneself and get the feel for timing. If you are into Japanese candlestick charting techniques, of course you’ll be able to identify good entry points such as ‘cup and handle’ formation.

Because alts pump and dump a lot, this shows that it is just as much a question of When to buy, as What to buy.
Monero looks expensive on the chart right now. Whereas a small alt like Wabi (also with a Taiwanese employee on the team) looks affordable. Dragonchain has a good chart now, great support at 0.00016. Nexus chart looks good. Ada might be buyable soon if it falls a bit more. With your language skills you would have an advantage trading Asian coins. LMC pays 25% staking bonus if you hold 12 months and seems a decent Chinese project.
PM me if you like to meet for a coffee.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:02:39 PM

Since you have a huge amount of capital, why not buy all? Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum and some quality altcoins. It much better to diversify your investments. It will lessen the risks involve. Aside from that, the potential for profits will increase. Happy investing and God bless us more!
nobetci

Activity: 238

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:05:38 PM

MingNa

Firstly, I think $100k is a really serious amount. My first advice is that, you shouldn't make your decision quickly.

Secondly, however bitcoin and ethereum look really promising, I think it can be better if you divide that amount into more than 2 parts. And finally, in my opinion, IOTA, NEO and Waves are promising coins. Good luck!

______________▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █►  arizn  ◄█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂______________            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                         ◄   ICO: 30% BONUS   ►
FacebookTwitterYoutubeInstagramWebsiteWalletTelegramWhitepaper ●    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
lamadu3

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:49:01 PM

MingNa
All currencies which were mentioned in the first post are worth to be invested in. But two currencies are exception of the rule. These are  Lisk and Tron. I don’t believe that Lisk and Tron will rise significantly.
StickySteeez

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:51:27 PM

30% btc, 20% eth, 10% neo, split the rest in 5-15 more interesting alts.

Create Your Decentralized Life │ ESSENTIA │ One seed. Limitless opportunities (https://essentia.one)
nonik

Activity: 367

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:46:26 AM

in my opinion, before you invest the money, you must learn about crypto, and if you want to invest your money, I think you can do invest in different Altcoin. Because we dont know about only bitcoin or eth will be making continuous progress in this year, so now you must learn and Research the projects ICOs you want to invest, and don't put the full amount into one crypto.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
sikko

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:06:38 AM

if you are already an investor I might say that you are a bit late in entering the market but it is not a problem but still opportunities seems to be right for eth, monero and tron ​​right now you can add wepower and bitcoin to them
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: