September 20, 2013, 01:04:24 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 04:33:12 AM by axorb

Closed
coldbreeze16

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:17:35 AM

Hmmm interesting concept, what about customs?
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:25:25 PM

Hmmm interesting concept, what about customs?

For stuff that is small like phones , the custom duty is not very much

Axorb.. Be carefull with this. I tried this concept long ago and faced issues.
Indian customs officials are cheap. They take whatever they get..

If you are accepting escrow, then the problem is your money is held with the escrow bearer until the shipment is received by the buyer.

Make suitable judgements and make sure you have complete terms and conditions in place.

EDIT : Also there are some things that are not allowed to be imported / exported out of USA. Make sure you know about it.
For instance, i recently go a package from home with few clothes along with Aracanut (pan masala) in them (for Ganesh Chaturti). US Customs confiscated it.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
bitcoin9096

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:53:16 PM

Indian customs officers are really bad
about 8% customs for smartphones
about 20% for apple products
for branded clothes they can take 70-80% custom
and most important they will tear packages if you sent any smartphone sealed customer will not get it sealed they will check it whats inside.
interesting idea but i think it will not work Sad.

coldbreeze16

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:37:07 PM

Indian customs officers are really bad
about 8% customs for smartphones
about 20% for apple products
for branded clothes they can take 70-80% custom
and most important they will tear packages if you sent any smartphone sealed customer will not get it sealed they will check it whats inside.
interesting idea but i think it will not work Sad.

They don't open a package unless there's no valid bill pasted on top and they doubt you're trying to skimp on taxes, totally random though. And you might actually get a call from them to send a fax of receipt if available or they'll make an ESTIMATE on their end. This ESTIMATE could be really off but if you do have a bill (which you should) the maximum customs is 26.5% and you won't even pay that much usually unless you're unlucky. You could try bribing too

For instance, i recently go a package from home with few clothes along with Aracanut (pan masala) in them (for Ganesh Chaturti). US Customs confiscated it.

You mean kattha (Areca catechu)? Holy crapshit! That on a ban list! Probably one of those US officials found the hard way the effect of chronic pan chewing on teeth  Shocked
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 04:11:31 AM

Well I have tried this once personally. Never received my iPhone ( spent 45 BTC at that time on it : Grin ) Seller sent it via USPS mail which is not traceable once it reaches customs in India.

No one from customs answered my questions. People said you have to visit Mumbai customs for the same, I never got time for the same. \

So at the moment I think one of customs officer is using that iPhone  Grin

Cheers

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
bitmit_samar20

Activity: 208

Learn and Enjoy.

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 05:43:14 AM

sorry, but I am 100% sure that this will not work... I am providing amazon shopping service (amazon.com and amazon.co.uk) with discount to US and UK residents. Dont ship to other country.... I am using amazon service since 7 years and spent more than $10K.... Amazon itself has some problems, sometimes...

Your process might be costly (item price+local shipping charge if any+local tax if any+international shipping charge+your 2% service charge+tax/duty at custom if any) and time consuming...

First buyer, send you links of products and then you check viability like price,delivery etc.
If buyer ok with price and shipping time, he pay to intermediate person (in escrow)
You order items from amazon and come to your location. (which usually take 5-7 days if free shipping)
After that you modify package, labels and arrange, to send it to other country....
It will come to custom and no one know what will happen....
If clearance without any problem, its fine....otherwise dispute will come in picture....

Indians can buy stuff from amazon.com using their relatives and friends support (if trusted) with bitcoin...

Verified And Trusted Seller- Amazon Shopping Service
ashish12

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

BITCOIN

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 06:38:48 AM

totally agree on this

sorry, but I am 100% sure that this will not work... I am providing amazon shopping service (amazon.com and amazon.co.uk) with discount to US and UK residents. Dont ship to other country.... I am using amazon service since 7 years and spent more than $10K.... Amazon itself has some problems, sometimes...

Your process might be costly (item price+local shipping charge if any+local tax if any+international shipping charge+your 2% service charge+tax/duty at custom if any) and time consuming...

First buyer, send you links of products and then you check viability like price,delivery etc.
If buyer ok with price and shipping time, he pay to intermediate person (in escrow)
You order items from amazon and come to your location. (which usually take 5-7 days if free shipping)
After that you modify package, labels and arrange, to send it to other country....
It will come to custom and no one know what will happen....
If clearance without any problem, its fine....otherwise dispute will come in picture....

Indians can buy stuff from amazon.com using their relatives and friends support (if trusted) with bitcoin...

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 06:59:52 AM

Umm.. well I agree with others that it's pretty costly to buy items from amazon.com but you can mark item as gift for more safety and they already include custom charges in invoice.

For example: Espresso Machines invoice.

You can see import fees.

Or a otterbox and a digital camera
http://gyazo.com/ae5c33c825001936fb9dff52f61b70be.png

Harddrives
http://gyazo.com/1bf5ce0025f59a6c8a35fcdb899eadd8.png

I have bought these and many other items from amazon.com and got them without any problem but all products were marked as gift and max amount of single invoice was 400$.
I have used AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping everytime and recieved products via DHL (Best) and aramex (they took more time).
bitcoin9096

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:13:49 AM

So 40$ item cost you 90$+  Grin.

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:22:46 AM

Yup, but good thing is i got those giftcards for free.
ashish12

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

BITCOIN

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 03:17:23 PM

can i get some gc's free !

escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 03:35:52 PM

can i get some gc's free !

Don't know I have to ask from some friends. They used to SE and do some blackhat stuff to get these gc's.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: