Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:39:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The #6 Coin  (Read 157 times)
OriginTrain (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:21:18 AM

A lot of talk about which coins will be dominating in the future, however the current players are unlikely to be dismantled from their current positions any time soon: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC. They may overtake each other at various stages, but their place in the top 5 is more or less cemented.

Looking forward, who do you think will take the lead at the #6 position this year? Currently it's Cardano, and they do have a solid project, team and fundamentals, so I don't believe they'll be easily eclipsed. However there are 3 serious contenders: NEO, EOS and IOTA - all Gen 3 blockchains as well.

What are your thoughts who will be #6 by EOY?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChickenDuck

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:42:19 AM

EOS is #6 and NEO is #7.
A lot of talk about which coins will be dominating in the future, however the current players are unlikely to be dismantled from their current positions any time soon: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC. They may overtake each other at various stages, but their place in the top 5 is more or less cemented.

Looking forward, who do you think will take the lead at the #6 position this year? Currently it's Cardano, and they do have a solid project, team and fundamentals, so I don't believe they'll be easily eclipsed. However there are 3 serious contenders: NEO, EOS and IOTA - all Gen 3 blockchains as well.

trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:22:52 PM

The assumption that the top 5 will be untouched is fairly bold. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or more drop out, most likely being XRP or BCH. Though they do have a long way to be caught in terms of market cap. NEO would be my pick to come closest to the top 5 but it does depend on how China decide to proceed with things, they can always throw a curveball.

lil_jb

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:14:22 PM

I don’t think BCH belongs in the top 5 personally.
rodalutor

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:07:29 PM

I think that the top 5 could change, especially LTC in 5th place currently. It's too hard to predict with certainty but I suspect by the end of the year there will be some coin in the top 10 that no one even really knows about right now. If we look back to Jan 1 2017 only 4 of the top 10 remain there, being BTC, ETH, XRP and LTC.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
tommyeyt

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:33:38 PM

REBL has announced they will get in top 5 in 2018 , they have now a huge community , a realy great daily volume , the project not yet started
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:53:41 PM

REBL has announced they will get in top 5 in 2018 , they have now a huge community , a realy great daily volume , the project not yet started
REBL is also a good token but I don't think they can go far like that. Get into top 100 is possible for REBL but top 5 is totally impossible Smiley). IMO by the end of this year I think NEO is the only coin can be able to reach to #5 on the coinmarketcap or maybe even higher than that cause China is supporting for this coin. IOTA and EOS are also good but NEO is better.

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:15:13 PM

If Bitcoin Cash really is a pump and dump, then we may see it drop out of the top 5 if there's a large dump.

Other than that, I personally believe that NEO is the strongest contender for the #6 spot, possibly higher. I fully expect that NEO will break the $500 mark by Q4 2018.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
klamz

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:19:37 PM

If Bitcoin Cash really is a pump and dump, then we may see it drop out of the top 5 if there's a large dump.

Other than that, I personally believe that NEO is the strongest contender for the #6 spot, possibly higher. I fully expect that NEO will break the $500 mark by Q4 2018.

Someone is really pumping a lot of money in it. Not saying that's not the objective but it's an awfully big risk to pour this amount of cash into a coin you plan to dump. Especially considering there may be lots of people who come out of the woodwork down the road if the price were to truly moon. People who had BTC and thought BCH was junk, only to realize they have BCH from old keys.
Platonicus

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:24:46 PM

I am suprised XLM is fogotten. XLM will be top 5 pretty soon.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:12:40 PM

IOTA. It has been in the top 10 for a while but has had issues with their wallet and are still in the development stage with use cases for the coin. Here’s why I think it will move up to #6.

1) They are just about to realease a wallet that is supposed to be the real deal in terms of quality and functionality.
2) More exchanges are supposed to be adding IOTA so it will be easier to buy.
3) No fees
4) The more people that perform transactions on the Tangle, the faster the network gets
5) They have announced a partnership with Bosch.
6) They have announced a project to work with Taipei to make it a smart city.
7) They continue to hire developers.
O$IRIS

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:18:58 PM

Perhaps in Long-term, ETC network will be in TOP 6-10 due to its history and immutability.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:03:47 PM

If you need to choose between 3 of your options, i will vote with certainty for NEO and if you allow me to give 1 coin for consideration I will try recommending this TEN will be a new coin that can rival your 3 list. And I will issue BCH from 5 list. ETH replaces the BCH and NEO position of ETH. My description is like this :
1. BTC
2. ETH
3. NEO
4. LTC
5. TEN
6. XRP

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:33:18 AM

their place in the top 5 is more or less cemented.

I disagree.
because this "ranking" system that everyone is using is extremely flawed. it is based on market capitalization which can easily be manipulated and any coin out there can take their place either temporarily (like what DigiCube did last year and became #3 easily) or it can take their position for long term if good whales familiar with the manipulation come along.

Only Bitcoin
sheetal_9811

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:37:42 AM

according to me top coins can be- bitcoin etherium, ripple, litecoin, neo,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: