Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:37:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto day trading is more stressful than I thought!  (Read 477 times)
Odat (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:24:30 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 09:36:48 AM by Odat

Any profitable day trader have any tips?. It seems like I never get the right time to sell. Thanks
Payapa

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:06:07 AM

Honestly there isn't any for a good time to trade other than when the prices are reasonable enough to trade. Prices are constantly fluctuating, especially for BTC, so you gotta have a lot of patience in terms of waiting for the right time to trade. For alts, I think anytime is a good time since their prices are relatively stable and slow phasing. If you can't time a sweet day to trade, try trading constantly when you see even the slightest rise of price to any coin. That's what others do, but it ain't advisable either due to minimal profit. Try also analyzing the past stats of the prices on when it was high. Sometimes you'll notice a pattern, but it isn't guarantee that it'll happen again. When it does, take the chance and trade.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Tharel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:25:08 AM

Any profitable day trader have any tips?. It seems like I never get the right time to sell. Thanks

Yes, it is stressful.

It can be a source stress and burnout. Day trading is stressful because of the need to watch market fluctuations, and then act quickly to exploit them. This has to be done day after day, and the requirement for such a high degree of focus and concentration can often lead to burnout.

Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:33:53 AM

Its outright boring, waiting for the right moment to execute trade.

Ros-In

Activity: 306
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:38:40 AM

I do daily trading sometimes, no really my type of trading. I mean im not do great with it, better buy and hold for a weeks or more until its moon or buy some ICOs.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Polipog

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:39:48 AM

Being a smart person, we must do our best by being strategic, and used a very long patience and have enough effort and sacrifices. In this particular business, we cannot easily gain profit if we don't used our knowledge. Mostly in trading, we must fully watch on how the price moving, because in that particular way we can surely earn enough income in the future.
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:41:32 AM

The main tip for trading is not to wach the price every now and then. You should determine your strategy (entry and exait points) before you get in some asset. Trading is not a guessing - it's risk based approach which requires an experience! Don't trade without a proper study.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
VelVenueva

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:46:08 AM

There isnt any good time to sell, you can stay 20 hours a day, and on the 21 to explode everything and you coudn't sell or buy more. So it is mostly gamble, you need to have a lot of luck, time, nerves and knowledge. If you have just luck, you can do it  Grin Grin But if you have everything else without luck, you are looser... and you gonna lose everything. Sad Sad
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:48:26 AM

Honestly there isn't any for a good time to trade other than when the prices are reasonable enough to trade. Prices are constantly fluctuating, especially for BTC, so you gotta have a lot of patience in terms of waiting for the right time to trade. For alts, I think anytime is a good time since their prices are relatively stable and slow phasing. If you can't time a sweet day to trade, try trading constantly when you see even the slightest rise of price to any coin. That's what others do, but it ain't advisable either due to minimal profit. Try also analyzing the past stats of the prices on when it was high. Sometimes you'll notice a pattern, but it isn't guarantee that it'll happen again. When it does, take the chance and trade.

Well you can really say that trading has a risk that mainly many people just got lucky with every decisions they make, If you have a guaranteed chart that you think you can be sure about but yes a 100% win is not guarantee for sure because just like gambling there is a risk involve in it, You can analyze some prediction from well known personnel that you think have a sure speculation from certain coins or bitcoin then go for it if you have extra money that you think you know it is OK for you losing.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:50:04 AM

yes it is.
Sometimes you earn 2% a day for a week, but another week you'll just like lose 15%.
Daytrading is not good for newbies who don't understand chart move.
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:51:07 AM

The main tip for trading is not to wach the price every now and then. You should determine your strategy (entry and exait points) before you get in some asset. Trading is not a guessing - it's risk based approach which requires an experience! Don't trade without a proper study.

not easy to do a proper study trading even a pro trading person many of them are still having that problem. I prefer trading in the long-term rather than daily trading

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
LeyMonte

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:59:22 AM

I wasn't expecting that this really happens, base on your statement I realize that trading is really not an easy job most especially if the  prices are all dump. Now, I think that it is true that trading of crypto is so stressful than I thought.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:14:03 PM

Now a days, after gambling people do think about trading as an easy way of making money. That is the reason they do enter into trading without proper preparations after that struggling and finding it more stressful.

Like any other trading, trading is also very difficult for making it profitable but one supporting thing like minimum guarantee about crypto trading is, they can hold for some time so that they can make their every trade profitable. I'm not having any big tips for OP still I like to suggest him getting ready before touching the dangerous crypto markers.
Panteleymon

Activity: 262
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:35:05 PM

The world of crypto currency is absolutely as stressful as the usual trading on the stock exchange. Constant concentration and concentration on your object not only tires the body, but also exhausts it. Increasing stress begins to give side depressions and fatigue. There is nothing new in this. There are analogies even with suicide attempts after failures.
The problem is that people expect easy earnings from the crypto currency, and in actual fact it turns out that you also need to work here. And even in such an atmosphere, under pressure. So if you are not ready to undergo constant stress, then it's better not to go there and take care of your health.
verasity
Copper Member

Activity: 405

Verasity is a Protocol and Product Layer Platform

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 12:39:08 PM

I think it comes down to the golden rules! Don't invest more than you can afford to lose. Assume your initial investment is lost immediately.

Try to keep emotion out of it. If you follow them then trading isn't as stressful as you make rational decisions.

Verasity is a Protocol and Product Layer Platform for Esports and Video Entertainment
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 12:45:27 PM

I'm not that profitable yet but hoping to be someday in crypto trading. I agree with you that crypto trading is stressful because I can't stay away from the screen and my eyes are lock in the charts but I enjoy it at the same time. I like the feeling of having adrenaline rush when trading. What I do is to have a trading plan always. I know when to enter into a trade and when to get out.

I have been trading for some time and somehow I am able to control my emotions now compared before. After buying, I immediately set a sell order and just wait for it to be hit whenever it may be. I am contented with small amount of profit and I don't dwell too much on the fact that the coin may moon after I sold because the opposite may happen in which it would crash. Just be grateful that you have profit no matter how big or small it is.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 981
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:57:40 PM

Follow strict trading roll management. And NEVER re-double-open your losing positions. Just accept it and learn from your errors.

Don't look 30 times per minute at the price, especially on losing trades.
ilnick

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:04:56 PM

Agree.
For a while I daytraded on the stock exchange. By the end of the day, I was dead tired.
On crypto exchanges, I trade in the mid and long term. It is much easier and not less profitable for me.

Primary rule: for every position we need plan.
Odat (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:19:30 PM

Appreciate all the tips. Basically, I got into the crypto game late December of 2017 and it’s been definitely one hell of a ride. My lack of patience is costing me $$$. I day trade and don’t hold. I’ve made a few bucks here and there but as of now I’m at a loss of $2200 out of a $10000 initial investment.

When the last crash happened, I sold everything at a $2500 loss(all ethereum)because at the speed the market was going down, I was worried I might lose most of my money if not all of it. Even Ethereums cofounder posted on Twitter yesterday that this market might crash to zero anytime. After the crash stabilized, I bought some etherum and ended up at $8500 out of the $10000 and then back down to $7800 today. There were many times where I bought ethereum or btc at a certain price only to sell later at break even or a loss. Like today, I bought btc at $10,530 and then for next few hours it stayed in the $10,400-10,500 range so that made me nervous, especially with all this talk about there is a btc correction due soon. Of course as soon as I sold at break even, it goes up $400 more within a few minutes.

The main reason is I watch the market every 2 minutes on my phone and when you start seeing it go down and up and down and up, it drives you crazy and really stresses you out. Heck I dont even sleep much now. Crypto always on my mind!. It’s not really the volatility that bothers me as much as the feeling that this market might crash to zero. I always get the feeling I must sell fast before something happens.

I mean I know how to make money. Actually, I just made $60000 in the last 2 months doing non crypto stuff but when it comes to crypto, I’m not that good!. At least as of yet :-). I just don’t like losing money!.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 01:23:11 PM

Without stress, there is no life. Day trading is very stressful because you can't buy and sell at dip and peak. I don't know how to be a good trader though but it should not be daily rather you should extend this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: