Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:15:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is healthy amount of shares  (Read 114 times)
leonos007 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:00:40 AM

He'y all,

In lots of threads, I read all about hashrates and about how to maximize those.

Well, for what I know, its all about the amount of solutions you submit.

We all know that our miner software likes to 'borrow' some shares from us as dev-fee and above that, they have the ability to change the reported hashrate if they want.
Its really very simple to change the reported hashrate submitted to the pool and console, so I think we should not use that as the effectiveness of the software.
Sometimes my hashrate is just fine, but the submitted work keeps behind. Now working with some dev-free software and submitted work increased.

So I would like to know the 'average' amount of shares submitted by each software (with devfee or without devfee) and used GPU.
Because its fluctuates, maybe report the min and max per hour or avg per hour.

For me, I just use 2 GTX 1060, using the 'dev free' claymore 10 on ethermine.

Last day my max was 48 and min was 28, average is about 42 per hour (so 21 per gpu) Graph looks like a sinus, up and down.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:48:23 AM

There's really not much value in fixating on shares - all these are used for is the pool in ensuring that you're actually performing work.  In most cases the pool also dynamically controls how many shares it wants to see - so the faster your rig is, the larger the difficulty of the share - in general the pool will try to tune this to return some average number of per minute, so in your example it sounds like it's tuning your system to ~1 share every 2 minutes.

The reason for why you sometimes get more or less shares is because shares are found probabilistically - so sometimes you might find 4 shares in 2 minutes, and sometimes you might find 1 in 4 minutes.  The pool uses this to guesstimate what your hash rate it - vs what your miner reports, which is actually how many solves it's really doing per second.  Over the course of a month, you should see that the two should be pretty close, except for whatever dev fee you are paying (or not paying in your example).

If you're trying to tune performance, then you want to look at the speeds of the memory or core of your GPU - or pay attention to the number of rejected shares, as that's a better indication of something you should probably address.

Hope that helps!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: