Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 11:14:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Market Shops: Discover places that accept cryptocurrency payments  (Read 167 times)
mobel (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:54:59 AM

Hi!

A while back I wanted to put some of my Bitcoins to good use, and actually try to use them for it's actual purpose, as a mean of payment.
I wanted to see if I could find a place where I could book flight tickets using Bitcoin. While it did not take that long to find a place or two, all the places i stumbled upon looked rather shady and not a place where I'd send my hard earned Bitcoins to.

So I looked further for a directory that maybe listed different places that accepted Bitcoin payments. Again I found some. But they all had two things in common; hard to browse through and not up to date with content.
So that inspired me to take the challenge and build such a curated website my self. Here some weeks later, I am glad to be able to share Coin Market Shops with the community.
I will keep adding new places every day, but I will also encourage you to submit a business that is not currently listed!

Will be happy to get any feedback I can get as well.

Check it out and happy shopping Smiley - https://coinmarketshops.com
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:47:49 AM

I like this site. The other directories are all out of date as far as i know, and it's hard to find actual ones that are working. I also like the fact that you're trying to tackling this problem yourself, shows that you have a lot of heart.

Though, I would definitely try to add more sites before releasing it to the public. 21 sites isn't that helpful. Please also add an option to filter sites by country supported, otherwise someone from Canada for example don't want to see irrelevant info from the US.

After a quick browse i saw that you listed bitmainmasters.com, which is a confirmed scam site(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451559.0), I think you should filter out all the scammy sites first before entering them into teh database.

GL with your project otherwise.
mobel (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:05:19 PM

I like this site. The other directories are all out of date as far as i know, and it's hard to find actual ones that are working. I also like the fact that you're trying to tackling this problem yourself, shows that you have a lot of heart.

Though, I would definitely try to add more sites before releasing it to the public. 21 sites isn't that helpful. Please also add an option to filter sites by country supported, otherwise someone from Canada for example don't want to see irrelevant info from the US.

After a quick browse i saw that you listed bitmainmasters.com, which is a confirmed scam site(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451559.0), I think you should filter out all the scammy sites first before entering them into teh database.

GL with your project otherwise.

Hi magneto

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

The last thing I want to do is display scammy sites. So that's removed, and I'll try to do some more research on the sites before adding them.

Yes, there aren't that many sites listed right now, and I will keep on adding new sites almost every day.
The reason why I wanted to "release" it already, was to get some feedback on the idea as soon as possible. And I want to get my hands on as much of this as possible.

I'll definitely consider some more filtering options.

Thanks again!
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 3475

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 03:50:14 PM

So that inspired me to take the challenge and build such a curated website my self.
It appears, that isn't the only reason behind it. I've noticed the referral links that you're trying to indirectly promote (on each website page that you created, visible by hovering over the "Visit Website" button).

The last thing I want to do is display scammy sites. So that's removed, and I'll try to do some more research on the sites before adding them.
You can also use "Badbitcoin" for filtering those out (don't completely rely on it, it's just for reducing the process).

Adding other websites that don't offer a ref commission Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mobel (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:26:07 PM

So that inspired me to take the challenge and build such a curated website my self.
It appears, that isn't the only reason behind it. I've noticed the referral links that you're trying to indirectly promote (on each website page that you created, visible by hovering over the "Visit Website" button).

You can also use "Badbitcoin" for filtering those out (don't completely rely on it, it's just for reducing the process).

Adding other websites that don't offer a ref commission Wink

Hi SFR10

I understand that you think that the “?ref=“ link could seem like that I’m trying to use some kind of referral program in order to cash in some commission.
I can at the same time assure you that that’s not the intention. The purpose is to underline to listed sites where their traffic is coming from. A well know technique, that also used to be used but Product Hunt.

Sure it could be nice to earn some money on the site at some point, but that’s not the primary reason to make this site. I know it sounds to good to be true, but I genuinely want to help people find websites that accept crypto currency payments. No hidden agenda.

Hope this puts your view on the site in another light.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: