Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:58:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik Buterin said Cryptocurrencies ‘could drop to near-zero at any time  (Read 603 times)
Kulafu (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:03:52 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 03:19:08 PM by Kulafu

According to him traditional asset is the best to store your life time saving.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/19/ethereum-creator-vitalik-buterin-warns-about-cryptocurrency-investment.html

What do you think?

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 03:10:25 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/19/ethereum-creator-vitalik-buterin-warns-about-cryptocurrency-investment.html

There's a possibility that Crypto Market would drop into zero anytime if someone could break blockchain networks and cripple it down and everything on the blockchain will no longer work like it used to be.
After that event, people wouldn't trust blockchain capabilities and it's purpose.
Therefore there would be massive droppings and people will turn their back on investing Cryptocurrencies and instead invest their money elsewhere.
If only there's groups of hackers that could penetrate more than 50% multiple blockchain servers all at the same time then that would be the worst disaster of Blockchain technology.
Nobody wants to put money on destructible networks.

t3hpwnographer

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 03:17:30 PM

I agree to some extent. I think the crypto market is definitely still too volatile for your life savings. You can make bigger gains with crypto, but you can also experience much bigger losses as seen during this recent dip. So while I wouldn't trust crypto with any money that's necessary for living now or for my retirement down the road, I think it's a perfectly fine way to invest spare funds and perhaps make a nice profit for spending money.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:17:58 PM

Yes it can, traditional investments are safer than cryptocurrency investment and there is nothing interesting about it  Roll Eyes Most cryptocurrencies will eventually drop to near zero.
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:29:36 PM

There is always a risk that all your currencies could lose the value over a couple of months. But we need some reasons before this will happen and I am sure that it will not happen!
pokokeke

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:33:09 PM

the response of the buterin vitalics is very true because the digital currency is very volatile in its movement and significant. all things can happen in this matter.besides that the crypto currency is getting more and more users and will be faster the movement also happens.
bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:36:20 PM

There's a possibility that Crypto Market would drop into zero anytime if someone could break blockchain networks and cripple it down and everything on the blockchain will no longer work like it used to be.
After that event, people wouldn't trust blockchain capabilities and it's purpose.
Therefore there would be massive droppings and people will turn their back on investing Cryptocurrencies and instead invest their money elsewhere.
If only there's groups of hackers that could penetrate more than 50% multiple blockchain servers all at the same time then that would be the worst disaster of Blockchain technology.
Nobody wants to put money on destructible networks.

This is exactly what has to happen in order for that zero-dropping to happen. Possibilities yet exist but the risks are too high, and for what? What would be the objective of destroying cryptos forever?
Ros-In

Activity: 306
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:50:18 PM

Ofcourse Cryptocurrency can crash anytime, but yet you never see one. As long there one poeple who believe in blockchain tech and keep his money in crypocurrency for example ethereum or bitcoin, and it will back to normal slowly.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
horner35

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:50:38 PM

Sounds like Vitalik wants to get in cheap while prices are down.  If you could move markets with a single sentence wouldn't you take advantage.

Anyone else think the V is a bit off?
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:51:56 PM

I agree entirely. Cryptocurrencies are risky and they operate within a constantly changing environment. Who knows what could come in the future in terms of regulatory changes or such that could really harm cryptocurrencies. It's only wise to look towards more stable asset classes for life savings and the such.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Kulafu (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:22:57 AM

Vitalik statement is true but it can be destructive in the world of cryptocurrency.  Many investors may disappoint on it.
It shows only that cryptocurrency is not yet well establish and there are lots of room for improvements.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
worldooftanks

Activity: 266
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:57:59 AM

He himself rose, on the cryptocurrency and as soon as they merged allegedly their tokens eth, began to drive the blah blah blah that everything will devalue, etc., etc., only that's why he then founded eth if all this is devaluated.
LeoEspansq

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:04:18 AM

What do you think?

So there was always such a risk, losses were always present in the world of crypto-currencies. Another thing is that it is not necessary to invest all the savings, but part of them, but not all people approach this reasonably, and then regret that everything is lost.
Vart4varta

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:17:33 AM

I will explain on an example Bitcoin Cash. Just like in the case of the dotcom boom - up to some level everyone thought that it was necessary, and then it became obvious to everyone that it was a bubble. So now, if Bitcoin Cash proves its worth and becomes the main currency, then its rate will rise, and the rate of bitcoin will fall. How much is it to solve the market
nikisev

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Im the very decease you pretend to be

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:21:17 AM

There is possibility that i walk out and see dinosaur.
50/50 actually. May be i will see it may be i wont.
I think demand is huge. Positive news all around. Crypto world have a long shiny road ahead.
Vitalik is right you should not invest more than you are ok to loose. But this is true for any investment.
Buy some BTC. its cool.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
porfenovich

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:39:23 AM

What do you think?

I would say that 50/50. 50% because of the volatility and 50% of the fact that people begin in the Blockchain technology and it undoubtedly can boost the development of cryptocurrencies.
dogbackwards

Activity: 274
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:42:04 AM

It's the people who invest in cryptocurrency and as long as theres a market for it, it will not reach 0. A lot of people are passionate about crypto. Don't forget behind every blockchain is a cryptocurrency. And the blockchain is the future.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:46:48 AM

I dont like when such people repeat the things that everybody already know. What is the benefit of this saying for community? It is really ridiculous. If something bad happens he is going to say "look i told it to you before. why didnt you listen me?" . So ridiculous....
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 07:50:25 AM

What do you think?

why not? in cryptocurrency anything can happen. that is why people should know about the risk first before make an investment in somthing like this.nothing can protect them for be loss their asset. and it always explained in every cryptocurrency project

skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:51:58 AM

as long as blockchain networks can not be broken, it will not happen

traditional investment methods are safer buy doesnt make 20x-100x

it depends on what you invest in crypto

i personelly can invest up to 5 years of my saving into crypto.

if that money makes 20x then i will be retired, if i lose all the money, i work for  extra 5 years
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: