Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:12:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is ETH 'too big to fail'?  (Read 584 times)
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:12:12 PM

I think ETH is getting to the point now that it is becoming huge in the crypto space, everyone i know that talks about bitcoin keep refering to ETH too and LTC so the news must be getting out there.

I could see the value drop to around $100 though as everything is so speculative.
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:17:11 PM

plenty of good points. i guess ethereum's master stoke was the erc20 thing. that makes ethereum indispensable to a large proportion of the other projects out there.

even if something better did come along, it's unlikely everyone will migrate. having said that it's early days still so there are millions of projects that don't exist yet. they're likely to head to ethereum all the same.
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:32:56 PM

Yep. ETH is the largest compared to the present. 80% altcoin thing used by ETH platform. bitcoin the remaining 10% are the other platforms. It is very difficult for ETH to collapse or fail Tongue
bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:36:39 PM

Ethereum is not too big to fail in my opinion. It is one of the greatest coins with a great long term perspective. Everyone who holds their Ethereum for a couple of years will see some nice profit!
ArifBestari

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:24:43 PM

I would not say 'too big', but too trusted. Many use it. It is not 100% guarantee, but makes failure less likely
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:56:10 PM

At the moment, eth is the best solution for business applications. Most projects are based on eth. He has so much confidence among investors that he can not be a failure.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
hlk251

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:03:40 PM

At the moment, eth is the best solution for business applications. Most projects are based on eth. He has so much confidence among investors that he can not be a failure.

agree
Ms Emi

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

Complete transparency on your charitable donations

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:14:03 PM

What? What? What? Whats the point?  Cryptos' future is uncertain, but the point is people and coin owner or creator is looking for another way of using their coin beside on pure business, their price may be crushed today but the certain point is people are still into it and that's a big factor.

G i f t c o i n  ♥  Small change. Big impact.
ICO: 20th March 2018 (https://www.giftcoin.org/)
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:44:18 PM

Don't look at the current situation or don't check ETH/BTC pair as of now because it is being butchered by the king BTC.  ETH is definately a better solution for most of our problems but still BTC bull run can kill this coin for a shorter time. So patience is the key and wait for ETH season which would probably come after BTC season gets over.

Blah blah
zoiapisya

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

quarkchain.io

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:54:39 PM

Vitalik Buterin created perhaps the most important platform in the crypto industry after bitcoin. Do you still think that this is a scam? that's funny

nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:57:43 PM

No, I think eth is still too little, there is more chance for rising than decreasing in the long term. Bitcoin is also not too big, you should look at market capitalization of big companies.

Socioman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 06:59:58 PM

I think that the etherium at the moment is a very good and useful project that is developing. This year we will have many events. But do not forget that such projects already exist. Maybe in 2019 some platform will eclipse it.

bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:03:59 PM

Eth is built on solid foundation and right direction Eth Mainly because of smart contracts ERC20 tokens Eth based coins are coming daily 20 to 50 coins per day so Etherum future look so bright
wuclx

Activity: 447
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:05:12 PM

With all the ICOs on its back, it's really hard to see ETH fail at this point. It may need to regain some strength for further growth, but in my opinion ETH is for the blockchain what javascript is for the browser.
Despite its flaw and despite the 'better' alternatives, it will stay dominant for a long era to come.
dulari1

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:16:28 PM

ETH is now reached to the point from where it cant be failure .
but yes in future they may be another coin with better network may replace ether position ,
but in that case too ether will be stable .

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 07:36:42 PM

I don't think so, mostof these ICOs has Ethereum to thank because it was able to simplify the ICO process without you having your own platform, but the issue here is none of these tokens have real world use so far and another thing to consider here is that it is getting expensive to use the platform because the transaction fee is increasing and if one of the so called Ethereum Alternatives is able to solve the scaling and transaction issue, developers may jump ship and will have effect on the platform

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
apur688

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:47:43 PM

I don't think so, ethereum is one of the top altcoin. Many people have tried ethereum for trading and investing. Many investors both big and small are incorporated in it. They believe that ethereum is an altcoin with the best prospects and potential for enormous success. Ethereum never reached more than $ 1000 / eth. By launching its own platform, ethereum is becoming more successful and more and more are looking to try ethereum. Although the current price of ethereum is down, but just keep your altcoin in 2 months, guaranteed ethereum prices will return to normal, even rising drastically. That's all my opinion, thank you

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
cryptorobbo

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 03:08:16 PM

I bet that if we come to the point when ETH fails, it will be either due to diversification between familiar platforms, offering much or less the same features, which imo gonna happen within next 5 years (NEO, Strat, Waves, ZIL, WAN, TomoChain, DragonChain etc) and that will be good for blockchain, either all crypto fails, because ETH have too big impact in the crypto world to just fail.
MfzbCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:08:26 PM

It's obvious that there's no need for so many substitution COINS in the market, so sell all
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:12:00 PM

In my opinion, there is no coin that is too big to fall, you can see both btc and ETH dropped from a very high price, many other altcoins dropped even badly, so if most investors think it will drop, there is no other ways to stop that.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██