Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:16:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud Mining SCAM - Possible to steal BTC from my wallet?  (Read 162 times)
farleyn (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:52:04 PM

Hello,

A time ago i was found by a person by Linkedin offering me a Cloud Minning process that in theory was safe and could bring to me good earnings.

According to this offering i have read a lot about and i think i could try the investment because it would not be possible to steal bitcoin from my wallet without the private key in hands, but what happened to me sounds really strange.

The procedure was to create a wallet in the blockchain.info and send the miner the information about my wallet, including the private key. With these information my wallet in theory was connected to a S9 Antminer equipment. After this i had to enter in my wallet again, change the password and enable 2FA and MFA authentication for security reasons, fund my wallet and let the miner know to start the mining process. I NEVER SHARED my private key after i funded.

All this happened and after the process mining started the btc funded in my wallet after i changed the security information was deducted immediately like if i had stolen.

After this i have talked to the minners everyday but my money i never saw again, nor money, or the promised earnings. Please help me to find answers.

This is possible to happen? Is it possible for a miner to steal my btc without the private key? All this is a scam? Have i lost all my money?

Thanks for your help.

Farley.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 09:36:38 PM

The procedure was to create a wallet in the blockchain.info and send the miner the information about my wallet, including the private key.

I NEVER SHARED my private key after i funded.
You shared it BEFORE you funded it. The private key has literally nothing to do with 2FA or any passwords of any kind. If you share it once, then it is compromised.

This is possible to happen? Is it possible for a miner to steal my btc without the private key? All this is a scam? Have i lost all my money?
Read above. Another alternative is: Downloading some software that compromises your system.

With these information my wallet in theory was connected to a S9 Antminer equipment.
Obvious scam. When mining, all you need is a deposit address to receive payouts, no *other wallet information*.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:20:03 PM

Most cloud mining services aren't worth investing in, they always end up exit scamming or directly scamming it's customers. It's just not a profitable service in the long run. Though, in this case this isn't even cloud mining the guy is trying to scam you. If you have those funds still in your wallet then move them out now. You shouldn't give a private key to anyone regardless of the circumstances.

It doesn't matter if you gave the private key before you funded it, as the private key doesn't change when you add funds.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:58:45 AM

Private keys need to stay private. 2fa only protects the site entrance not your wallet.

Most cloud mining services aren't worth investing in, they always end up exit scamming or directly scamming it's customers. It's just not a profitable service in the long run.
Yes, most will only cost you crypto.
Rapidly changing plans with more hashpower and lower prices is a sign there is something fishy going on.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: