Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:48:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has earned enough Merit to Rank Up beyond "member"?  (Read 237 times)
HashFace (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:02:05 PM

I'm only aware of two "member", or above, who have earned enough merit to rank up.  There are probably more, but I have been paying attention, and these are the only two I'm aware of.

1)  One is the well-know member Nullius.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=976210

Currently, a "member" with 435 merit, which would not only get him to Full Member, but Sr. Member, too, I believe, when his activity increases.

And this, of course, is well earned.  He is a great poster.

2)  The other member is DeeperX.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1038794

Also, currently, a "member" with 268 merit, which would not only get him to Full Member, but Sr. Member, when his activity increases.

While I have no opinion myself on DeeperX, I would point out that he has negative trust, by Lauda, for

"DeepOnion is a copy/paste project with a massive amount of shills. This user will censor any mention of this, which makes his behavior and project even shadier than it already is.
Read the reference link for more information.

More ratings and information can be found on the original account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=321080.
User has created this account to avoid their negative trust. Avoid this scam project."

Again, there may be others, and I'd be interested in hearing about members I may have over looked. 

I just thought it was interesting to note the seemingly wide variation in the quality of these posters, who have both reached the promise land.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
etherflip
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:18:21 PM

Right now it probably doesn't matter what the statistics are on leveling up beyond "member" for the community. What will be more important, is taking a general span of time (let's give the merit system 3-6 months), then analyze the overall forum quality, and if leveling up has actually occurred like it should have for strong contributions.

After that we can take all these Meta suggestions and see how to improve this system. We are after all only on the first release of this feature.

EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:32:09 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 07:52:34 PM by EthanB

I would try to approach this from the other side if I were you. There are actually a lot of Member ranked users and above that have earned enough merit to rank up. I'm assuming you mean for their rank, not the 10-merit needed for your first rank up.

QuestionAuthority has given many people enough merit for them to rank up (I think?), granted they do not consider giving merit to anyone under Full Member so this is a bit out of scope for what you're asking. Their thread is here, if you'd like to research for yourself : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827596.msg28975211#msg28975211

You could also check out the Merit stats, for all sorts of criteria to help answer your question for yourself at anytime. You could check out the most generous users, to see where their merit has gone; check if any of them are Member rank. You also could check the Most merited users (Top/Recent) to see which users have been earning the most overall. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats

I am more concerned with, not the amount of users that have reached rank-up minimums, but with the amount of users that should have ranked up and have not. It is too early for us to tell this, so for now I'd say we should hold off on asking these questions.
rlim475

Activity: 59
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:03:16 PM
Merited by AdolfinWolf (1)

Merit has only been introduced for a few weeks so far, in that time activity would've only grown by a maximum of 28. A more prevalent question then would be how many people have gained 28 merit or more, given that Merit was designed not to slow down account ranking but to limit it only to quality posters.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:11:26 PM
Merited by achow101 (1)

Since the day merit was introduced, i myself feel that i cant do this, merit is hard to get, im screwed, etc etc. But now after almost a month of merit here, i feel like merit is a great system and really a useful system, and you can get it if you make something great for the forum. I am not a member rank, but a full member, and i almost got merits to be an sr. member, i hope i can fulfill it soon, both the merits and activity points. Needs about 34 more to get total of 250 merits.

Well, i have come across many of nullius's posts and indeed he/she is a great poster, with a broad knowledge, great sense of humour and a little flaming, he/she are a great user for this forum, that is why he gets all the merits up till now. But i have never come accross DeeperX posts, maybe because im not on the same board as he/she is.

My thread can give you a glimpse of where the merits gone, well it is based on top 1 merit giver statistic tho, you can find it here :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2947171.msg30272338#msg30272338

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:15:50 PM

Seems like I will rank up to full member soon. Still need my activity and 36 merit but I think is not a big issue since I collected 54 merits already for less than a month. Time will show and I'm not in hurry. Well, I'll be happy to have my own avatar Wink

seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:26:54 PM

Seems like I will rank up to full member soon. Still need my activity and 36 merit but I think is not a big issue since I collected 54 merits already for less than a month. Time will show and I'm not in hurry. Well, I'll be happy to have my own avatar Wink
I believe that you will achieve your goal soon, Maybe you can collect 36 merit points even before your activity touched the 120. Keep posting like that and you will be in the next rank as soon as possible, Good luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: