Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:02:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So where are the GPU miners going next?  (Read 673 times)
brooklynite1 (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 07:09:06 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 05:23:23 PM by brooklynite1

I am wondering with all the ASICs entering the market, the GPU miners are getting pushed into a small corner of a new coins. The best coin so far has been BTCZ for me since its hidden on coinmarketcap and it has remained the most profitable. But even that is not making nearly as much as a month ago.

I think what we need is a lot more new coins to spread the existing GPU power hashrate. But we don't have enough developers copy/pasting/fabricating new coins. What can we do to change this?

So

ASICs killed:

SHA256
Blake256R14
Blake256R8
Blake2B
Lbry
Pascal
Quark
Qubit
Myriad-Groestl
Groestl
Skein
LTC
X11
Ethash (Bitmain F3 is around the corner)
CryptoNight and CryptoNight Light (Baikal Giant N)

Whats left for GPU miners?

Equihash (its a matter of time before an ASIC is out)
NeoScrypt
Xevan
Lyra2z
Skunkhash
Tribus
Timetravel10
NIST5
Lyra2v2
YescryptR16

So here we go. Any devs want to create more coins that we can mine and make $5/GPU/day again like we did back in January 2018? (I mean besides BTCZ, thats a HODL coin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:11:03 PM

with the dosomeresearch coin you can still do 5$/card or more, i give a fuck about

Lokonius

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:21:19 PM

with the dosomeresearch coin you can still do 5$/card or more, i give a fuck about

I'd say asking questions is part of research. Being a smartass is always so "productive"...
zzaherr

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:06:12 PM

Cool smart boy. I did all search possible for me and i cannot find that profitability. Maybe you can be the guru and teach us smart boy
shrekinator

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:38:16 PM

Do you have more than rumors that an ASIC will be available to mine Equihash soon?
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 08:49:23 PM

Equihash is going to Asic?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
brooklynite1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 04:26:30 PM

I dont know if I beleive any ASIC is going to come around for ASIC-resistant coins and if so they will be similar architecture to current GPU's and only be a little cheaper per hash.

That is not true. They said the same about Scrypt. Go look at all those thousands of posts back in late 2013 about how Scrypt is ASIC impposisble until someone made it.

But that's not the point.

The point is all GPU Miners pushed into the limited number of coins left to mine with GPU, then increasing the hashrate and lowering profits. Unfortunately some always convert to BTC which means for many coins it is a downward spiral in value as new coins are minted daily and sold against the limited number of buyers that cant keep up.

What we need is a continuous stream of new coins, specially good coins (no premine, no dev tax, no instamine, no 100% premine ICO, no closed source miner, no closed source wallet, etc) which for now only very few coins meet that criteria such as BTC (original SHA256 but has some instamine about 1M BTC in some wallet for Mr. Nakamoto), LTC (original Scrypt, but has some instamine) and BTCZ (the only one in Equihash).

hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:36:03 PM

All this fud around GPU mining is meritless imo.  Developers will just create new algorithms, because they don't like ASICs on the network, and we will mine them.
Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:56:53 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 05:25:02 PM by Juggar

You cant claim Ethash is Asic until we see proof and even then, it wont be like previous asics that were orders of magnitude more powerful.

If the cost to buy one of these ASICS is the same as building a rig at MSRP for the same hashrate then it wont mean anything.... everyone will keep mining.

Yes, an Eth ASIC would be better than a GPU in terms of efficiency/density but the cost and low availability would stymie it. Unless they come out with some miracle Eth ASIC that does 600 Mh/s for like $2k then it wont change anything.
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:18:36 PM

I don't see it changing much for the next while, still plenty of algos/coins that are profitable and there doesn't seem to be any concrete info on a bitmain Ethash miner.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:35:48 PM
Merited by antantti (1)

I love that people think the market just needs to pump out a bunch of random coins with no use and it will solve the problem. There are already hundreds of shitcoins out there that are useless for making money.

Also you have to remember the primary goal of a crypto is not how much profit someone can make mining it. You have your thought process on how this industry works completely backwards.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
YUriy1991

Activity: 896
Merit: 217

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:55:33 PM

It seems to me that the developers will create more powerful equipment for production, and of course raise the prices for their development, because virtually all possible methods of mining already exist, and there is nothing to replace the video cards or the asics yet!

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:00:35 PM

I don't know where they will go next but so far my 6 x GPU rigs with Radeon RX 570/580 are still making 0.0012 BTC daily each rig and this for me is still a good amount, if you like me will save at least 50% of the coins mined for a really long term. For the moment though the GPU-mining sector is in another boom stage, a RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition costs about 500 EURO here in Italy.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
brooklynite1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 05:35:22 PM

Updated to include new Cryptonight Miner N from Baikal.

What a mess, more GPU miners getting pushed into the new remaining algos.

Watch XMR lose 50% of its value mine-n-dump miners enter the arena.

rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 05:45:29 PM

Updated to include new Cryptonight Miner N from Baikal.

What a mess, more GPU miners getting pushed into the new remaining algos.

Watch XMR lose 50% of its value mine-n-dump miners enter the arena.

XMR is going to change the algo to kick this crap of baikal

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Juggar

Activity: 242

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:55:53 PM

GPU miners still have Ethereum, you need to take that off the list. There has been no proof of any Eth ASIC so far.
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:08:46 PM

Plenty of stuff to mine.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:17:21 PM

Depends on if those coins don't just fork off that algorithm to something that doesn't support ASICs (like Monero is going to do) rendering that new ASIC a heavy brick.  As more attention is being brought to crypto and many coins chose a certain algorithm to avoid being a target of ASIC there should be plenty of options for GPU miners to shift to in the near future.  An example like x16 that Raven coin uses is a great example of a coin that chose to use an algorithm that changes frequently.  If more coins chose to do this or fork to something similar then I imagine we may seem quite a few upset ASIC miners rather than GPU miners being the ones pushed out.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:22:44 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 07:16:11 PM by toptek

Equihash (its a matter of time before an ASIC is out)
that depends on the DEV I did read something about the Dev on the ZEC forums can stop it for ever if they want to, like ETH does . in other words will greed get them to  sell out that was what the post was all about or they get offered the right a mount to let it happen then it will for sure other wise if they don't let it, it may or may not, if it does an they don't sell out then it will be  by force then it might fork like XMR is gonna do ..so we get a new Zec that will probable be worth more once they Destroy ZEc 1 with ASIC . i notice the A3 are not doing so good and the price for the hard ware is dropping fast i saw that coming .. they fucked up a  useless coin and made a few bucks, unless some one pushes it , it won't matter ,,,all to beat out some other company that had that kind of ASIC miner coming out a round June .I know bit main has a pool for that coin but for how long unless they make more miner for it and push it, not long or that other company has deep packets an takes them on,that will be fun to watch an see the prices drop for hard ware.

evil thought's i had. or wishes.

that's bitmain for you fuck it up then leave it for the love of money greed and control..

Depends on if those coins don't just fork off that algorithm to something that doesn't support ASICs (like Monero is going to do) rendering that new ASIC a heavy brick.  As more attention is being brought to crypto and many coins chose a certain algorithm to avoid being a target of ASIC there should be plenty of options for GPU miners to shift to in the near future.  An example like x16 that Raven coin uses is a great example of a coin that chose to use an algorithm that changes frequently.  If more coins chose to do this or fork to something similar then I imagine we may seem quite a few upset ASIC miners rather than GPU miners being the ones pushed out.

they will indeed . so let them i want a watch that with pop corn . if they want try to control it all and waste large a mounts of money trying to get control over what they can't let them . that's what it comes down to they don't want every day people doing it and it sad there is more then enough to go around .or unless they start making ASIC miners priced like GPU as add ons for home miners, which we know won't happen.

as for Eth Ethash (Bitmain F3 is around the corner) that not a real  ASIC miner and with the new video cards coming out i don't see how they will kill it unless the DEV of eth greed's get the best of them and there bought out eth will be hard to ASIC miner to . that miner has ddr 3 if what read is right , ddr 4 is out now an coming out soon are new cards that may blow that away. around Sep 2018 or so im to worried about what the F3 can do or might do . that might turn into bitmain biggest mistake.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Bulitt

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:02:39 PM

Im just waiting for one of the neoscrypt coins to come out with a good web wallet and instant-exchange support (changelly, coinswitch, etc) My rig is full of old hardware and neoscrypt still works (well) with older cards. The first one to market with these options will explode. Feathercoin has some support on exchanges, but they dont have a web wallet, and it has been around long enough that people overlooked it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: