Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:49:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: @Theymos Please remove the "Show unread posts since last visit" link  (Read 203 times)
AGD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:09:30 PM

It might have been useful a few years ago, but nowadays it makes no sense anymore.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:13:51 PM

It might have been useful a few years ago, but nowadays it makes no sense anymore.

A couple of years ago sometimes I used it as "Show a random thread" to check for something interesting.
Now, even that doesn't make much sense because most threads are just useless.
Maybe now it can be seen as "I'm feeling lucky"  Tongue
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:49:43 PM

It would be easier if you just ignore that link, you are one member asking for this without thinking about others. (Beyonce for me please theymos, reward me for the distribution of 5-8 source merits with Beyonce, she's my age, I'm single).

If that is too much to ask, just pick a paid (honorable lady) from the streets, the ugliest one, because I'm entitled.

🖤😏
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:50:08 PM

you can do it yourself, click the minimize button [-] on the right top corner next to forum date/time
it will at least hide that link (and a few others) from your sight Cheesy

squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:19:12 AM

you can do it yourself, click the minimize button [-] on the right top corner next to forum date/time
it will at least hide that link (and a few others) from your sight Cheesy

That works, but I actually like that header. The watchlist is still useful, and the total time logged in and avatar -- why not?

I agree with the OP. "Show unread posts" is pretty useless now that the forum is so cluttered. "Show new replies" would be more useful if there was a time limit on threads it included. I haven't posted in the Wall Observer thread in 2-3 years, but it's still always at the top. Same with a few other megathreads.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 3472

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 01:20:10 AM
Merited by EthanB (1)

I have to partially disagree on this. I find it quite useful for finding threads that need to be reported (not that much recently but still has its purpose).
- Having said that, I prefer if there was an option for enabling/disabling it (like for "Patrol" link) on "Forum Profile Information" page.

Now, even that doesn't make much sense because most threads are just useless.
I agree with the OP. "Show unread posts" is pretty useless now that the forum is so cluttered.
Ignoring certain boards that contain useless/uninteresting threads, is the key (after modifying the "Ignore Boards Preferences", you'll find "Show unread posts since last visit." option to be "less annoying".

I haven't posted in the Wall Observer thread in 2-3 years, but it's still always at the top. Same with a few other megathreads.
Having a new "ignore" option for viewing threads on "Show unread posts since last visit." page, can come in handy.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:07:09 AM

I haven't posted in the Wall Observer thread in 2-3 years, but it's still always at the top. Same with a few other megathreads.
Having a new "ignore" option for viewing threads on "Show unread posts since last visit." page, can come in handy.
Yeah I would second this suggestion, but in the new replies section.It can be very useful to clean out the clutter in the new replies section.
Its kinda pointless for "unread posts since last visit" as there will be new topics which you haven't ignored also shown there. It would be useful if you could ignore while sections of forum, for instance I don't want to any of ANN threads there best way would be to ignore the whole ANN section.
Hero of Legendary

Activity: 94
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:52:41 AM

Yeah I would second this suggestion, but in the new replies section.It can be very useful to clean out the clutter in the new replies section.
Its kinda pointless for "unread posts since last visit" as there will be new topics which you haven't ignored also shown there. It would be useful if you could ignore while sections of forum, for instance I don't want to any of ANN threads there best way would be to ignore the whole ANN section.

How about segregating the thread by making a week sections from first week to fourth week.And all thread which were older than one month should also be gather in one section.
What do you think?

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 07:57:31 AM

An ignore thread option would be the way to go IMO. I still find the 'Show unread posts since last visit' page useful despite it getting clogged up with threads that refuse to die.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:00:46 AM

How about segregating the thread by making a week sections from first week to fourth week.And all thread which were older than one month should also be gather in one section.
What do you think?
Yeah that would be good too, at least better than what it currently is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: