Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:41:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why and How to do an ICO?  (Read 229 times)
TSM.Global (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:18:51 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2018, 04:12:49 PM by TSM.Global

https://s22.postimg.cc/71u0wfkap/crowd-participating-at-event_925x.jpg

MOTIVATION

In ICOs, like other businesses, the main motivation should be solving a real issue as opposed to just making money. If you don’t have a problem to solve, you don’t have a business to build! There are many examples of problems that the blockchain community is solving with innovative ICO projects. A company can engage in an ICO that allows borderless credits at lower rates in developing countries. Another example is an ICO that increases security of information or efficiency in their transmission. ICOs can also be for the finer things of life, like allowing better matching of couples based on genetic data or allowing the rich and famous more ways to enjoy life anonymously.

What do you need for a successful ICO?

At least $250,000 for a good ICO
Good connections with the target community
Quality people on your team
Long term strategy

What can you compensate it with?

You need to motivate people with sweat equity
You can build good connections in three to four months
You can maintain an organization that will continue developing the project after you are gone

Alternatives to ICOs

The fact of the matter is that the flexibility, enthusiasm and opportunities that ICOs represent are difficult to match with any kind of alternatives.  The returns on the invested time and capital compared to the raised amounts of money are unmatched by any other funding source today.

HOW TO DO AN ICO

Be sure to solve the technical problem before the ICO starts!
Be sure to have a good and professional policy for hiring the right people and agencies – ensure contracts are signed with all partners
Make sure your company is incorporated in a location where you won’t have legal problems

https://s22.postimg.cc/xye0528ch/bitcoin-3091789_1920.jpgimage post

MARKETING KNOW-HOW

Always be transparent and truthful to potential investors – act like the SEC is involved and Interpol is watching.  You also need to provide the investors with the level of quality they deserve.

Whitepaper

ICOs are the only available business area where a simple whitepaper can get you millions.  However, it is also limited to members of a relatively small community. The trick is to also attract people outside the blockchain community.
How do you go about this?

Prepare a crypto pitch desk for VCs and angels. Make the onboarding easy by preparing videos and tips
Prepare an ICO investment prospectus for institutional investors and show them examples of ROI
Do your kliken-putzen and visit every wealthy individual you know with customized stories

https://s22.postimg.cc/97tdnz9hd/Stock_Snap_JBXLOQGZZU.jpgcapture screen

Bounty Campaign

The bounty campaign is a set or rewards that companies give to make people continuously contribute time or connections to the ICO.  These bounty campaigns will yield best results if they are customized.  No two ICOs are the same and the bounty campaign needs to vary accordingly.  The average contributions range from $120 to $1,100.  That means that the majority of investments are relatively small.   Do you want to follow the crowd as well and aim as small-scale investors?

For instance, if you standardize rewards for twitter retweets depending on the number of followers the people have, you would miss an important variable. Around 1,000 artificial followers on twitter can be bought for as little as $7 so you might be wasting a part of your bounty budget to reward people who bring absolute no value to you. However there is a way, a semi-automatic one to qualify bounty participants and make sure they bring value to you.

Simplicity

Although ICOs started as a product of technically savvy visionaries, most members of the community and big investors are not into the technical details of projects.  The way projects are presented should be tailored to the founders’ target audience.

You can send your Whitepaper or pitch deck to a person who can give constructive criticism or even send a courteous and professional email to people you do not know but whom you can get feedback from.  These are the people you would like to have as advisers or promoters of your ICO.

The simpler your business model and slogan is, the easier it would be for the investors to understand.  If you are not a marketing expert with a high dose of implicit empathy, you would need to get feedback from others to achieve this.

https://s22.postimg.cc/69rcxhg69/meeting-business-936059_1920.jpg

AWARENESS

It is part of TSM Global’s initiative to educate the public on cryptocurrencies and ICOs. We would like to provide correct and comprehensive understanding of ICOs and cryptocurrencies to help give the public the tools needed to make informed decisions on their investments. It would include educational tools in a variety of areas, including protection from scams and wallet security.

What are your thoughts about this? Your feedback and suggestions are encouraged.

Kind regards,
BlackWidow15
TSM Global

www.tsm.global/icomarketing
office@tsm.global
Add: 160 Kemp House, City Road
London EC1V 2NX, UK
Contact No: +1 (646) 416-9011

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
megatrend66

Activity: 91

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:36:29 PM

Solid work on the text! I think the pictures are too large. We need to find a better way to format it.

Check with the forum admins or others to learn how if needed.

Cremeboy

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 10:42:07 PM

Great article. It embodies all you need to run a successful ico. Hope this would get the kind of reach it deserves. So people can properly identify genuine icos  and ico projects in turn can be ran genuinely.
TSM.Global (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:59:17 PM

Great article. It embodies all you need to run a successful ico. Hope this would get the kind of reach it deserves. So people can properly identify genuine icos  and ico projects in turn can be ran genuinely.
Hi,

Thank you for your support!

We value all community members who provide us with comments on the projects we support and develop.

Kind regards,
BlackWidow15
TSM Global

office@tsm.global
London EC1V 2NX, UK
megatrend66

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:20:02 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your support!

We value all community members who provide us with comments on the projects we support and develop.

Kind regards,
BlackWidow15
TSM Global

office@tsm.global
London EC1V 2NX, UK

no need to spam posts with the same account. it is bad reputation...if people want education they will google it and find it and read it.
MNtrio

Activity: 248

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:17:28 AM

MOTIVATION

In ICOs, like other businesses, the main motivation should be solving a real issue as opposed to just making money. If you don’t have a problem to solve, you don’t have a business to build! There are many examples of problems that the blockchain community is solving with innovative ICO projects. A company can engage in an ICO that allows borderless credits at lower rates in developing countries. Another example is an ICO that increases security of information or efficiency in their transmission. ICOs can also be for the finer things of life, like allowing better matching of couples based on genetic data or allowing the rich and famous more ways to enjoy life anonymously.

What do you need for a successful ICO?

At least $250,000 for a good ICO
Good connections with the target community
Quality people on your team
Long term strategy

What can you compensate it with?

You need to motivate people with sweat equity
You can build good connections in three to four months
You can maintain an organization that will continue developing the project after you are gone

Alternatives to ICOs

The fact of the matter is that the flexibility, enthusiasm and opportunities that ICOs represent are difficult to match with any kind of alternatives.  The returns on the invested time and capital compared to the raised amounts of money are unmatched by any other funding source today.

HOW TO DO AN ICO

Be sure to solve the technical problem before the ICO starts!
Be sure to have a good and professional policy for hiring the right people and agencies – ensure contracts are signed with all partners
Make sure your company is incorporated in a location where you won’t have legal problems

MARKETING KNOW-HOW

Always be transparent and truthful to potential investors – act like the SEC is involved and Interpol is watching.  You also need to provide the investors with the level of quality they deserve.

Whitepaper

ICOs are the only available business area where a simple whitepaper can get you millions.  However, it is also limited to members of a relatively small community. The trick is to also attract people outside the blockchain community.
How do you go about this?

Prepare a crypto pitch desk for VCs and angels. Make the onboarding easy by preparing videos and tips
Prepare an ICO investment prospectus for institutional investors and show them examples of ROI
Do your kliken-putzen and visit every wealthy individual you know with customized stories

Bounty Campaign

The bounty campaign is a set or rewards that companies give to make people continuously contribute time or connections to the ICO.  These bounty campaigns will yield best results if they are customized.  No two ICOs are the same and the bounty campaign needs to vary accordingly.  The average contributions range from $120 to $1,100.  That means that the majority of investments are relatively small.   Do you want to follow the crowd as well and aim as small-scale investors?

For instance, if you standardize rewards for twitter retweets depending on the number of followers the people have, you would miss an important variable. Around 1,000 artificial followers on twitter can be bought for as little as $7 so you might be wasting a part of your bounty budget to reward people who bring absolute no value to you. However there is a way, a semi-automatic one to qualify bounty participants and make sure they bring value to you.

Simplicity

Although ICOs started as a product of technically savvy visionaries, most members of the community and big investors are not into the technical details of projects.  The way projects are presented should be tailored to the founders’ target audience.

You can send your Whitepaper or pitch deck to a person who can give constructive criticism or even send a courteous and professional email to people you do not know but whom you can get feedback from.  These are the people you would like to have as advisers or promoters of your ICO.

The simpler your business model and slogan is, the easier it would be for the investors to understand.  If you are not a marketing expert with a high dose of implicit empathy, you would need to get feedback from others to achieve this.

AWARENESS

It is part of TSM Global’s initiative to educate the public on cryptocurrencies and ICOs. We would like to provide correct and comprehensive understanding of ICOs and cryptocurrencies to help give the public the tools needed to make informed decisions on their investments. It would include educational tools in a variety of areas, including protection from scams and wallet security.

What are your thoughts about this? Your feedback and suggestions are encouraged.

Kind regards,
BlackWidow15
TSM Global

office@tsm.global
London EC1V 2NX, UK

This is worth it to read now i know what really the purpose of an ICO. Thanks a lot of information about in ICO. I also Share this link to my friend.
Shaart

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:37:38 AM

Perfect Read to kickstart mt day. Great job Smiley
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:01:10 PM

The way you continue to quote your own post without adding anything to it and repeating the same strange signature at the end of each of your posts is off putting. I'm not sure whether or not it qualifies as an advertisement, but I would assume so because it very clearly displays your company in a boisterous manner. It is against the rules to do such advertisement at the end of your posts, so I would encourage you to go around and read the stickies posted around the forum so you get a better feel for the rules and expectations of the forum. You are also not allowed to post multiple times in a row as you just have, and when bump a thread you are meant to delete your old post, especially when you simply copy and paste it.

I tried to read through your entire post, but the only thing it seems to say is "How to set-up a Pump and Dump". There is no substance to your pitch, proposal or instruction. All I'm hearing is "simplicity and marketing are key to attracting investors." This completely misses the point of innovation, and just plays to consumerism in the worst way. I think you misunderstand the priorities and aims of the crypto community as a whole, although that's a fair mistake to make given the current state of affairs our forum is in.
TSM.Global (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:56:50 AM

The way you continue to quote your own post without adding anything to it and repeating the same strange signature at the end of each of your posts is off putting. I'm not sure whether or not it qualifies as an advertisement, but I would assume so because it very clearly displays your company in a boisterous manner. It is against the rules to do such advertisement at the end of your posts, so I would encourage you to go around and read the stickies posted around the forum so you get a better feel for the rules and expectations of the forum. You are also not allowed to post multiple times in a row as you just have, and when bump a thread you are meant to delete your old post, especially when you simply copy and paste it.

I tried to read through your entire post, but the only thing it seems to say is "How to set-up a Pump and Dump". There is no substance to your pitch, proposal or instruction. All I'm hearing is "simplicity and marketing are key to attracting investors." This completely misses the point of innovation, and just plays to consumerism in the worst way. I think you misunderstand the priorities and aims of the crypto community as a whole, although that's a fair mistake to make given the current state of affairs our forum is in.

Hi,

Thank you for reading our post and for the advice . We will keep this in mind.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:34:30 AM

So you need to start making your own ICO then that would be great. Of course the question ask before involving in the ICO is how to create ICO project. There is a lot of considerations from the concept, technicalities, and the people behind the ICO or the people behind the team. Of course you should consider also the spenditures in getting contracts to bitcoin or other altcoin that be traded to bitcoin later on. Another is that if you are not familiar with ICO then try to make a lot of research before implenting it. A bigger chance to fail your project due lack of study and research. And chose a kind of campaing that will suit your concept.
EthanB

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:33:20 PM

Thank you for reading our post and for the advice . We will keep this in mind.

Thank you, actually, because normally when a newbie account rolls around here and creates their own thread they show blatant disregard for the rules and guidelines we operate by on the forum. Too often you point out where someone is doing wrong and they continue in the wrong direction. I might not agree with the content of your OP, but I can appreciate you acknowledging your mistakes, deleting the repetitive posts and doing better moving forward. This shows me that you weren't operating out of malevolence, and it is more likely ignorance. Continue to read the rules, guidelines and stickies then you should have no problems or complaints from members who are being reasonable.
jack.davos

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:34:48 PM

I would take inspiratin from marinecoin and its current airdrop.

Marinecoin is back with a massive airdrop of  450,000 coin MTC for registered users. Mind that this is a coin, not a token. And an environmentally friendly one –read more at http://marienco.in. Register and spreading the news to obtain the MTCs.

The wallet works well, and it is extremely fast and without fee.  The airdrop is motivated by the fact that these guys are reviving the project and of course new, active users are invited in.

Thousands of community members are participating in the ICO, the lucky ones which will get the coins. There is an opportunity for everyone here.
Raggie

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:16:02 AM

Very nice article. it can be the inspiration of the investors who want to invest their funds.
Your post may gained some merit. Good luck to you and thank you. This forum needs the peoples like you.
EthanB

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:20:34 PM

Marinecoin is back with a massive airdrop of  450,000 coin MTC for registered users.

I might have to make my own thread about it, but this just provoked a question that I've been wondering for quite some time now. I am wondering if it is acceptable for multiple coins to share the same symbol? I was apart of an ICO and expect to receive some MTC, but they are not Marinecoins they are Medical Token Currency or something like that. This means they effectively utilize the same 3-letter acronym and this obviously has it's complications when trading, talking or implementing these two currencies. I figured since you are doing a thread about ICOs, this would be a relevant and appropriate question for the topic.

Are there any rules for naming your coin or are they to fight it out for namesakes?
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

Perhaps this is really the right comparison, because participation in ICO is really something very adventurous and many people think that they will make money on it, but unfortunately many simply spend their money on scammers
sarojan9980

Activity: 118

My Identity Coin

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:31:35 PM

it is the grate and very useful article. thank you for discussing about this article. are you prepare to start an ico here.

Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:13:47 PM

Good info!

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
TSM.Global (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:58:24 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2018, 04:21:41 PM by TSM.Global

https://s22.postimg.cc/pmnb0i1q9/guidebook.jpg

ICO Guidebook For Serious Founders

Market price of the Guidebook $35 USD

Get it FREE by registering on our website!!!!!!

- Part of the content of our Guidebook for an ICO:

- Viable alternatives to an ICO

- What you need for an ICO

- The legal, marketing and technical requirements

- Content of a Whitepaper

- What investors value in an ICO

- How to promote an ICO

Example of some security tips from the Guidebook:

- Buy all the website domains that look like yours, and all of the various TLD variations of your name.

- Register all the social media accounts of all the names that look like yours.

- Setup cloudflare or other security measures on your landing page.

- Restrict the ability to change/commit to your page/github/social media/everything.

Download the full Guidebook here:

http://www.tsm.global/icomarketing.html
TSM.Global (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:22:17 PM

Blockchain and ICO Education for Merit

https://s22.postimg.cc/loqe0hbkh/star.png

TSM Global is a blockchain marketing company that has helped clients raise more than $280 million USD for projects that shape the future of the planet. Yet, we have negative merit on this forum. We gave free education, no one cared about. We gave free blockchain courses, rarely who used. Now we charge for our services.

Only people who would give us MERIT will get only ONE of the following:

1.     One-pager guide on whether you need to hire an agency for your ICO

2.     One-pager guide of HOW to do an ICO alone without an agency

3.     Blockchain 101 course on more than 100 slides

4.     Up to 30 minutes free consulting session by senior ICO experts

If you like to get any of the following, please go to our page and give us MERIT! Then write to mary@omegaproject.biz to get our materials or consulting session.

https://s22.postimg.cc/528tr40jl/tsm.png

megatrend66

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:34:14 AM

Blockchain and ICO Education for Merit

https://s22.postimg.cc/loqe0hbkh/star.png

TSM Global is a blockchain marketing company that has helped clients raise more than $280 million USD for projects that shape the future of the planet. Yet, we have negative merit on this forum. We gave free education, no one cared about. We gave free blockchain courses, rarely who used. Now we charge for our services.

Only people who would give us MERIT will get only ONE of the following:

1.     One-pager guide on whether you need to hire an agency for your ICO

2.     One-pager guide of HOW to do an ICO alone without an agency

3.     Blockchain 101 course on more than 100 slides

4.     Up to 30 minutes free consulting session by senior ICO experts

If you like to get any of the following, please go to our page and give us MERIT! Then write to mary@omegaproject.biz to get our materials or consulting session.

https://s22.postimg.cc/528tr40jl/tsm.png

This is not noce. Why the TSM account has negative trust despite giving free education?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: