Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:26:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First time investor, $6k buget, did I choose the right coins?  (Read 573 times)
zanetti_ro (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:10:01 AM

First of all I want to say that browsing through this forum has been extremely helpful for me - somebody who knew next to nothing about cryptocurrencies before a few weeks ago. So many of you have been extremely insightful and I've tried to take in as much as I could! Also, rest assured that I've not chosen to invest my money based on where anyone else told me I should invest. The question I'm asking here is more or less strategic in nature, since there obviously aren't any guarantees in this sector.

So here it is, a bit over $6000 in savings, for the following coins:
2x Ethereum
1000x Cardano
3 x Litecoin
1 x Dash
1 x Monero
500 x Ripple
4 x NEO
100000 x Telcoin
100 x PIVX

My goal/expectation, aside from not losing all my money, is to triple my initial investment over the long term 2-4 years. What do you guys think, realistic? I tried to mix in some high ranked coins with a couple of well-regarded promising ones.
davidcarpediem

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:41:03 AM

Honestly think you will do and may be before you think 2 months  Grin
ADA . LTC . NEO  ETH are the best IMO

XRP ripple dont like it sorry

Telcoin hmmm outsider i will have gone more with  PRL or  COSS or NIO or  INS

good luck to all
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1452

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:00:19 AM

@zanetti_ro. Let go of Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Telcoin and PIVX. That leaves you holding Monero, Ripple and NEO, which I reckon, is a good selection.

Also, instead of Ethereum, why not hold Ethereum Classic, and instead of Dash, hold Zcash. Aeon is also a good small cap coin to have in your portfolio. I reckon they might have a better implementation than Monero as it is trying to avoid Monero's developmental mistakes.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Diffy

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:02:54 AM

7 of your coins are in the top 20 so they will probably follow the overall market trends unless something weird happens to them. This is like investing in a market index in stock markets so you should be safe, some might even outperform the market(NEO for example).

About Telcoin and PIVX no idea. They could make you a lot of money or fail. These 2 are a little over 15% of your portfolio. You could rebalance next year depending on how they perform.
soloinvestor

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:09:40 AM

$6000 is a good amount to start with.
In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on Pre-ICO stage right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
MegaMind424

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:34:02 AM

you may add GVT or LINK instead of Ripple
mokodisney

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:38:07 AM

PRL! buy some before the Airdrop snapshot on April 6th!
zanetti_ro (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:53:27 AM

Thanks a bunch for the initial feedback guys! Both PRL and ETHMeta have peaked my interest:) i am considering dropping something. Maybe dash or monero..i am kind of putting all my eggs in very few baskets by investing in just one unit of these coins - im basically hoping they will increase in value by x10 or more.

I don't think i'll drop ETH, its probably the safest bet to at least double in value over the next 16 months. I base that on absolutely nothing  Grin but its a very strong coin.
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:58:56 AM

Sell everything in to bitcoin on the next dip, than get back in to your alt positions once bitcoin cools off for a few days. Bitcoin will slaughter alts for a while, its bitcoins time to shine...Just the way it is....Ive been doing this for years. Don't listen to the noobs.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 02:07:38 AM

Oh wow nice . first time and start with 6k pretty good
spend all those in top top 20 coin in coinmarketcap not bad idea .
keep update with market price . get profit enough and buy again at a good price .
keep read all of those ANN so you can analyze when the good price to sell .
M4nUnit

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:53:27 AM

Nice portfolio, I love it even if I don't have any similar coins in mine. Maybe add more Neo in the future if you can.

I can recommend you Shift and PRL too. PRL before the airdrop and mainnet release for example (the best is now).

You will triple your account value at the end of this year in my opinion!

Good luck  Wink
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:05:32 AM

Get rid of riple cardano and dash since they are already overpriced,i would just keep ethereum litecoin and monero for long period as they have a great future ahead and real world use
ducnguyen3293

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:12:22 AM

I think you should prl on the choice. Or maybe ocn game.com, it is trx supported.
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:01:47 AM

Your portfolio is very interesting and your choice is correct, maybe you can enlarge the allocation for ETH, LTC and NEO. But I am confused why you are not holding BTC.
JayFKay

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:20:33 AM

only you can decide what is right for you - I like your top order - its very sensible IMO. but if it were me I would ditch the ripple, reconsider all of the 4 bottom coins and then re-consider:

No.1 Power Ledger - kicking goals & signing strategic contracts in markets all over the globe + plus its based on renewable energy so good for abating climate change... and in my mind already worth about 140% more than its current price once we get past the dip recovery phase.

No.2 AGI - because 1) owning a share of your future robot overlords makes perfect sense - 2) its on less popular harder to access exchanges right now so - when it hits bigger exchanges you can bet a big chunk of the $300 million dollars worth of people who missed out at ICO will be champing at the bit to grab lots at last! 3) Decentralizing Artificial Intelligence so that no one individual company or person owns or controls self-replicating & rapidly self-improving artificial intelligence is potentially essential to safeguard the human race into the future (you've seen terminator right?) So yeah the experts are saying AI is coming fast and will potentially become thousands or millions of times smarter than a room full of University professors very quickly - we don't want that power in the hands of one corporation or one owner - so decentralising that power to a global community is the ONLY way to go!

No.3 BPT aka Blockport for what's missing in the current mess of exchanges i.e. a universally friendly interface to access virtually any coin and many exchanges I want without needing a degree in IT or accounting - oh & its up 172% this week so far according to my delta crypto app which is kind of nice!

I also like and invest in 4.ETH 5.EOS 6.SC 7.LSK 8.ADA Cardano 9.QSP 10.FUN 11.BCN 12.ENG 13.DENT 14.WTC 15.ICX 16.ZRX & 17.NXS
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:25:40 AM

You portfolio looks rather conservative. It is good choice if you are new player on this market  Smiley
Pay attention on Ethereum Classic / Stratis.

Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:27:53 AM

First of all I want to say that browsing through this forum has been extremely helpful for me - somebody who knew next to nothing about cryptocurrencies before a few weeks ago. So many of you have been extremely insightful and I've tried to take in as much as I could! Also, rest assured that I've not chosen to invest my money based on where anyone else told me I should invest. The question I'm asking here is more or less strategic in nature, since there obviously aren't any guarantees in this sector.

2x Ethereum
1000x Cardano
3 x Litecoin
1 x Dash
1 x Monero
500 x Ripple
4 x NEO
100000 x Telcoin
100 x PIVX

My goal/expectation, aside from not losing all my money, is to triple my initial investment over the long term 2-4 years. What do you guys think, realistic? I tried to mix in some high ranked coins with a couple of well-regarded promising ones.

Nice! You had my portfolio too except Dash and PIVX.. But for me Telcoin is the underdog there and it will pump very soon.. I'm long hold for that coz they have great project ahead along with that Neo Ltc,Eth, Cardano is my top pick however I have bitcoin to stay in my wallet
vastmast

Activity: 378

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:28:04 AM

Good coins but you should buy more neo. Dash and monero are unnecessery. You can buy better coins instead of these 2 coin.
You can earn bigger profits with Elixir, steemdollars and idex membership tokens Smiley

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Bittoshi

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:48:57 AM

2x Ethereum
1000x Cardano
3 x Litecoin
1 x Dash
1 x Monero
500 x Ripple
4 x NEO
100000 x Telcoin
100 x PIVX

In my humble opinion I would change PIVX for Verge (XVG) because it has the better stealth technology. I agree with Ethereum, Litecoin and Dash. Don't know much about the other alts you invested in and hope you have investigated carefully before investing that much money. All the best!

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
xzone
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1490

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:28:39 AM

The investment you make is pretty good. The coins you choose are nice. But I would prefer such an investment.

$ 2000 neo
$ 1000 bitcoin
$ 1000 ethereum
$ 500 salt
$ 500 ripio
$ 500 get
$ 500 decred.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████