Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:43:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First time investor, $6k buget, did I choose the right coins?  (Read 570 times)
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:40:07 AM

First of all I want to say that browsing through this forum has been extremely helpful for me - somebody who knew next to nothing about cryptocurrencies before a few weeks ago. So many of you have been extremely insightful and I've tried to take in as much as I could! Also, rest assured that I've not chosen to invest my money based on where anyone else told me I should invest. The question I'm asking here is more or less strategic in nature, since there obviously aren't any guarantees in this sector.

So here it is, a bit over $6000 in savings, for the following coins:
2x Ethereum
1000x Cardano
3 x Litecoin
1 x Dash
1 x Monero
500 x Ripple
4 x NEO
100000 x Telcoin
100 x PIVX

My goal/expectation, aside from not losing all my money, is to triple my initial investment over the long term 2-4 years. What do you guys think, realistic? I tried to mix in some high ranked coins with a couple of well-regarded promising ones.

For cardano and ripple you need to becarefull especially ripple. Because ripple has been goes very high and also cardano. Ripple also have very much coin in circullation and coin issued it will make ripple hard to goes above $3 again. And we are looked like market in 2014 which was bearish for next 2 years. Dont go all in. Buying all coin gradually.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptofunn

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 09:39:20 AM

as shown by practice, for diversification of the portfolio it is better to hold 50% in bitcoin, 25% in coins from TOP, 25% in perspective coins with low capitalization up to 200 million (for example: Fuel, Aion, Waves, Strat ...)

CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 09:45:08 AM

I think you have a nice portfolio here. Somewhat conservative, but I believe that is the right move if you are just starting out.
Maybe it's a nice idea to roam of some of the profits you'll make and use that to play with more speculative coins?

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:49:50 AM

First of all I want to say that browsing through this forum has been extremely helpful for me - somebody who knew next to nothing about cryptocurrencies before a few weeks ago. So many of you have been extremely insightful and I've tried to take in as much as I could! Also, rest assured that I've not chosen to invest my money based on where anyone else told me I should invest. The question I'm asking here is more or less strategic in nature, since there obviously aren't any guarantees in this sector.

2x Ethereum
1000x Cardano
3 x Litecoin
1 x Dash
1 x Monero
500 x Ripple
4 x NEO
100000 x Telcoin
100 x PIVX

My goal/expectation, aside from not losing all my money, is to triple my initial investment over the long term 2-4 years. What do you guys think, realistic? I tried to mix in some high ranked coins with a couple of well-regarded promising ones.

It is realistic. But it's still not something that is guaranteed.

Most of these coins have proven to us that they can indeed triple in value in even one month, so if the markets just go bullish within any time of the next 3 years then your dream of making 3x off your investment isn't going to be a dream.

I see that you're focusing too much on established coins, though. Which is good, since they are safe. But for you I think you should still diversify into smaller projects or ICOs so that your profits can be brought up as well. Also consider reducing the number of coins you're holding since the tx fees can make it hard to manage efficiently.
aalborg

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:37:19 AM

2x Ethereum
1000x Cardano
3 x Litecoin
1 x Dash
1 x Monero
500 x Ripple
4 x NEO
100000 x Telcoin
100 x PIVX

I am not sure about telcoin, a price is really high. Never heard about PIVX, but looks promising, anonymous protocols are growing in popularity, hope it will repeat sucess of Monero. As for rest of portfolio it is quite good basket. Add something like AR/VR company.
lero34

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:23:44 PM

I think that you did everything right and chose the right coins. Because your budget allows you to make the right choice. I wish you luck in your earnings and fewer bad deals
TeamTT

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:40:23 PM

2x Ethereum
1000x Cardano
3 x Litecoin
1 x Dash
1 x Monero
500 x Ripple
4 x NEO
100000 x Telcoin
100 x PIVX

ETH is the most consistent one from the chosen coins... I'd look into investing everything just in ETH. You can divide 3-4 ETH between strong ICO projects though, if you can pass KYC.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
zhongzy

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:37:19 PM

I think your choices are best but if you need make more money you can buy more Ripple and Neo. I think Ripple and Neo can be valued in long term. Neo will be much more valuable when it is made a decentralized exchange.
mountrock

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:06:23 AM

Your choice is conservative, seems like you are careful with your investment.
Crypto is dynamic so I don't think it is a good idea to invest and forget for 2 to 4 years.
You need to adjust once in a while in case things go wrong
I like XMR, DASH, LTC, PIVX, the other ones are not my favs.
You may need to consider BTS, BTG, STEEM, DCR & GOLOS as well

CryptoSpeck

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:21:42 AM

You should consider PRL, MAN both are the most undervalued & very high potential coins in my opinion right now.
SoulEaterRR

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:22:14 AM

2x Ethereum
1000x Cardano
3 x Litecoin
1 x Dash
1 x Monero
500 x Ripple
4 x NEO
100000 x Telcoin
100 x PIVX

Take away the Ripple, find a replacement for dash this coin this year in a small stagnation and dilute with coins less than a dollar and everything will be fine. A list of pretty good look in a year that will really be the best.
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:43:11 AM

Honestly not bad choices. Everyone is going to have something bad to say about some since your choices are polorizing however I think that gives you more balance which is good.
PG13

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:48:41 AM

2x Ethereum
1000x Cardano
3 x Litecoin
1 x Dash
1 x Monero
500 x Ripple
4 x NEO
100000 x Telcoin
100 x PIVX

It seems a good diversified portfolio but I'm not confident with your telcoin, ripple and cardano. I will sell that and buy a bitcoin as this is a good asset considering that bitcoin goes down for today it is a good chance to buy it at cheaper price. 

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
Julen

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:23:58 AM

Doing a portfolio now without having BTC in it is really dangerous.

If BTC rally up, you will be rekt .. I did the same mistake when I started, I bought ALT only, biggest mistake I have ever made in crypto.

You always should balance your portfolio with AT LEAST 30% of BTC in it.

Why though? If 30% of my portfolio is BTC, that would amount to just under $2,000. In turn, that amounts to 0.2 BTC. The only way those 0.2 BTC help me triple my initial investment, is if BTC itself grows by 1000%. Some expect it to go to $20,000 this year, others to $50,000, but most simply expected to surpass last year's record. So even if we're optimistic and say BTC will head into 2019 valued at $50,000, that lands me $10,000, and I've given up 30% of my investment for a huge "what if", a 500% increase in valuation that's only happened once in 2017 (part of the 1000% increase when it went from $2000 to nearly $20000 in 7 months). I'm not saying it can't happen, but even if it does, all those other highly ranked altcoins should go up as well.

Am I wrong? Should I really get BTC now when it's going up? If it was $8,000 like earlier this month, I would have definitely done it..

Your logic doesn't make sense, you say you want to triple your initial investment.  That means that Bitcoin has to rise 200% for you to triple it and not 1000% like you state above.  Your 0.2 btc will always be 0.2 btc, that's for sure, but let's say you buy into btc at 8k (and as it didn't break the 12k-ish resistance point a few days ago, it will most likely be heading towards the 8.8k cap again in the coming days) that means that bitcoin has to go to 24k for you to have tripled your 2k to 6k.

On the other hand, if bitcoin goes to 24k, the whole market will be up enormously, and percentage wise  some altcoins by a lot more than bitcoin, you just have to pick the right ones Smiley.  If bitcoin keeps messing arround between 8 and 12k, don't expect miracles from the rest of the market neither, for now it is still linked quite a lot to the price of bitcoin.  Something i do expect to change in the future when their will be more places where you can get altcoins for fiat.

PS, i like your portfolio, a little heavy on the privacy coins perhaps.

SHBlizzard

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:34:28 AM

I think you should remove Dash and add Ark instead since you already have Monero in your portfolio for anon crypto otherwise your portfolio is quite good. Also I didnt see Bitcoin in your list so I wonder if you are investing in Bitcoin or not since you should hodl at least 50% of your crypto investment in Bitcoin for long-term. Personnally, I suggest you to remove PIVX too since it is like Dash fork.

I second that, Privacy coins are good, but Ark has more use cases. OP should also look into decentralized super computing (RLC, GNT, XEL, SONM, etc..) i think the next 5 years for this sector

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:11:59 AM

i suggest you drop DASH,MONERO as you only have one of each and this won't get you profit , you could invest in some low marketcap <500m but also good ones that have a potential to hit 5-10x

qigong13

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:25:49 AM

2x Ethereum
1000x Cardano
3 x Litecoin
1 x Dash
1 x Monero
500 x Ripple
4 x NEO
100000 x Telcoin
100 x PIVX

No Bitcoin? I think you need a 10% of your asset in Bitcoin because it the main currency of all exchange so in you wants to buy or catch some altcoin in the dip, will you sell your other altcoin asset to cover it? Make no sense.
MarchToke

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:29:28 AM

2x Ethereum
1000x Cardano
3 x Litecoin
1 x Dash
1 x Monero
500 x Ripple
4 x NEO
100000 x Telcoin
100 x PIVX

This is brilliant idea. Those coins are good coins and has the potential for your long term 2-4 years of investments. But if i were to choose among this coins, better have priority in Litecoin and Bitcoin. Although that coins are all good, but the more potential in this Bitcoin and Litecoin. Good luck pal!

soloinvestor

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:37:43 AM

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

Monero is a safe choice.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on Pre-ICO stage right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
TACryptoo

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:08:08 PM

2x Ethereum
1000x Cardano
3 x Litecoin
1 x Dash
1 x Monero
500 x Ripple
4 x NEO
100000 x Telcoin
100 x PIVX

i did invest +- 5k dollar in crypto .
i should choose for Prl , digibyte , elixir , deeponion and a low amount of siacoin

i should not buy 1 amount of a coin . if you want to make a huge profit you must buy a huge amount.
if you choose a low marketcap the profit x that you can make if higher
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: