Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:10:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you haven't sold off your Alts yet, you don't know what you're doing  (Read 569 times)
Cripto.Iberia

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:12:33 AM

I will not sell my Litecoins
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:51:59 AM

I'm in it for the long run. Can't be bothered with the ups and downs of BTC.

Yes, to make the most money short term it would be better to move to BTC whenever BTC goes up (fast). Or to fiat when BTC goes down. But maybe this will not stay this way. Serious projects will always have whales, but also more and more people that are in it for the long run. I sure hope a lot of the great project with lots of potential are able to shake loose from BTC.
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:22:02 AM

Be patient, because Bitcoin is now up. So, a lot of Altcoin prices are down. If later bitcoin has stabilized, hopefully Altcoin will follow to rise the price.
that's really what I expect, hope altcoin will follow the price increase after this. stick with your coins and believe they will rise.

grittymcgritface

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:38:56 AM

If you haven't sold in to bitcoin yet, just wait for the next rebound.
Are top altcoins in a long term downtrend vs bitcoin?
The second quote is from August last year you said the same thing and in the time alts have become even more popular...
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:57:05 PM

Why should I? If alts were at loss I wont sell my coins and wait for it to bounce back. Yes bitcoin is well-established and many users are trusting and investing but I think we dont need to choose where we should invest our money rather diversify your crypto portfolio so you wont miss their price surge. But make sure the alts you're holding has a great potential and not likely to be delisted in exchanges.

correct. There shouldn't be any need for people to choose one or the other. Luckily, you can invest in both bitcoin and alts without losing your peace of mind. Alts will gain more dominance and stability this year.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:15:34 PM

Well I haven't sold all my alts yet but I'm making a profit and I know what I'm doing as long as altcoins are profitable I'm good to go, some altcoins are profitable like ethereum, waves litecoin cardano among others so let us hold our altcoins, it's our money, ok?
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:37:59 PM

Be patient, because Bitcoin is now up. So, a lot of Altcoin prices are down. If later bitcoin has stabilized, hopefully Altcoin will follow to rise the price.
that's really what I expect, hope altcoin will follow the price increase after this. stick with your coins and believe they will rise.
perhaps it will follow after .but i think the good idea for now while some of alts is falling on this bitcoin circumstances, is to switch to another alt and besides there are some altcoin that is tend also to rise maybe much better to sell and convert it if you worrying on this scenario.  
Matic

Activity: 310
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:41:12 PM

Bitcoin is going up and taking back the lost market dominance. Now, I doubt it will go beyond 50%.. but if we get back to 800 bill market, that's 400 bill for BTC.
But selling alts now, at the lows make no sense. The right moment was a month ago, all you can do now is wait for another alt cycle.

tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:59:21 PM

Well since bitcoin is slowly increasing back again and obviously altcoins will be dumping too, it would be best to hold on to your altcoins and if you have budget for your investment buy more altcoins to diversify your investment. Just sell your altcoins once bitcoin becomes stable around a certain price and altcoins will increase back again so you'll have no losses.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:15:04 PM

Why do you think this? There still alt coins that drive up when BTC goes up. Not everything has to go down against BTC
theoneandonlyaceman

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:19:23 PM

Can somebody give me a use case for bitcoin other than it being a store of wealth?

Altcoins FTW
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:29:54 PM

I tried to keep the altcoin. because after the bitcoin increase. Altcoin prices will go up. And then I would be more profitable
JanyJeand31

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:48:33 PM

It is not the time to sell, it has not been like that recently either. All was in dip, it was time to buy, like I heard one guy bought 400 M of crypto and now he/she is a billionaire  Wink
MarchToke

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:50:39 PM

Yes I am still waiting, even that other altcoins has decreases its value i still did not panic because I know that it will rise again and i am so excited for that to happen. Holding altcoins and bitcoins is the best thing to do when market is down.

crutu

Activity: 50
Merit: 3

KUWA.ai

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:30:25 AM

The recent fall in market prices does not make altcoin lose its value, as time goes by with altcoin price movements will recover. even in the near future bitcoin prices continue to increase, no doubt the value of altcoin will again raise its price to follow bitcoin price movement.
then I will continue to wait for the recovery of altcoin value rather than having to sell it for loss.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
moonblocks

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:57:16 AM

Are you anticipating a major drop in the price of altcoins next time Bitcoin starts to rebound significantly?

mountrock

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:01:38 AM

Opinion should be limited to a peace of argument. Who can predict the market?
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:52:05 AM

And why people should sell having a negative difference, they are waiting for when everything goes into growth and alts including. Or maybe you know that bitcoin will fall below the level that was, not sure.
light22man

Activity: 311

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 06:54:05 AM

everything move in circle so just be patient and HODL

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:25:32 AM

Look like bitcoin failed to break $12000 again and now just hold your alt bitcoin will going down again. Probably it will move at range $8000 - $11000 for months or we will see $6000 again in couple of months. I hope it will not happen but so far its what chart said to me.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄