Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:48:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NO RESERVE BITCOIN AUCTION My idea in progress  (Read 1282 times)
Andre Jensen (World Bitcoin Exchange) (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 06:50:56 AM

Hi Bitcoiners,

Started my website today been working on it for awhile now, i ve just listed some bitcoins for no reserve price genuine sale.

as i was working on this project bitcoiners started to sign up.....so thankyou.

I just want to gauge the site, on how it will be used, the site is basically a place where you can buy or sell bitcoins, either by Auction or Buy Now you can sell bitcoins for 24hrs, 3days, 7days. and any listed currency.

To bid/buy bitcoins is easy just sign up for an account and your bid/buying in minutes

To sell you will have to go through an authentication process this protects the buyer and the community.

Please please tell me your thoughts

www.worldbitcoinexchange.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
getsum

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 09:49:44 PM

The link didn't work for me, said under maintenance.

I think it's an interesting idea and I'm certainly going to check it out for buying. What are the payment options for buyers?

One thing I don't understand is why a seller would want to use this service with no reserve rather than sell in a market such as Trade Hill? I wouldn't expect people to bid higher than the current market price unless you have payment options not offered on the exchanges like paypal or something. So wouldn't sellers have a high risk of selling below market value? Or do you offer payment options not found on the exchange that will attract buyers wiling to pay a premium for bitcoins?

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2011, 11:21:49 AM

The link didn't work for me, said under maintenance.

I think it's an interesting idea and I'm certainly going to check it out for buying. What are the payment options for buyers?

One thing I don't understand is why a seller would want to use this service with no reserve rather than sell in a market such as Trade Hill? I wouldn't expect people to bid higher than the current market price unless you have payment options not offered on the exchanges like paypal or something. So wouldn't sellers have a high risk of selling below market value? Or do you offer payment options not found on the exchange that will attract buyers wiling to pay a premium for bitcoins?

the back end to make this happen was extreamlly confusing so i have opened a standard exchange instead
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 11:32:43 PM

gorkalitus,

You've inspired me to create an auction-type format for exchanging bitcoin:

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=32672.0

I'm excited to see lots of exchanges popping up because it helps to decentralize the exchange process. The idea to make "everyone an exchanger" makes it even better.

Thanks,
Trader Steve
Tronlet

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:11:06 AM

Page just redirects to intersango... Never mind, it's an imitation of an intersango site, trading with Australian money. Tries to look real, but actual intersango sites don't refer to it in their list of associates.

What's up?

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 04:44:18 AM

Page just redirects to intersango... Never mind, it's an imitation of an intersango site, trading with Australian money. Tries to look real, but actual intersango sites don't refer to it in their list of associates.

What's up?

waiting on the intersango team to give me the green light to go ahead, and only then i will go public with this website.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 04:50:57 AM

gorkalitus,

You've inspired me to create an auction-type format for exchanging bitcoin:

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=32672.0

I'm excited to see lots of exchanges popping up because it helps to decentralize the exchange process. The idea to make "everyone an exchanger" makes it even better.

Thanks,
Trader Steve

wish you all the best the concept is there and i hope it works well for you, i ve decided to go with a more common ground approach, and focus on introducing bitcoin to the country i live in only, with a common open source exchange. 
Tronlet

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

I've created a version of Gmail for African users, all by myself. It's a complete copy, but I'm pretty sure Google will be cool with it. Any clue how to get ahold of Larry Page or Sergey Brin? They're screening all my calls. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: