Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:05:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All crptocurrency at a single exchange.  (Read 1927 times)
marsmyname

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:49:43 AM

Is it safe to keep your all crypto currency at a single exchange (bitfinnix)?Or one should choose multiple exchanges.
Personally, I don't feel safe storing something in an exchange, things might go wrong. And at any moment that exchange most might be hacked or bankrupt. I prefer storing most of my coin in an hardware wallet, this is safer than ever. I actually have coins in some exchange but I dont stote it there in a long period of time. As much as possible, I have already done what I have to be done in that exchange then just transfer again when needed.
May be it is possible but current situation tells that it is not possible. Other thing is that in my opinion it is not good because if the entire cruptocurrencies store in a single exchange and something happened to the exchange then millions of people will lose their hard earn money or they may face withdrawal problems for some time. So it is not good.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Webcelerator
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:13:14 PM

I would never keep my coins on the exchange, the exchange at any time can hack intruders and I will remain without coins best to keep the coins on the hardware wallet to which only you have access
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:55:20 PM

First thing bitfinex has been hacked multiple times and every time its users have lost their funds. Secondly never keep your coins on an exchange, period, thats like the first rule of crypto currencies. And even if you are going to keep them on exchanges than never keep them all on a single exchange.
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:36:18 PM

I would use multiple exchanges of course and preferably keep my coins in a wallet which private keys I own.

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
brainryan

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:07:33 PM

Is it safe to keep your all crypto currency at a single exchange (bitfinnix)?Or one should choose multiple exchanges.
I do not feel safe, when I send all my assets and money in one place. I frequently convert transaction volume at exchange sites (bitfinex or bittrex / binance) and blockchain. I personally have done this process often and feel safer. It seems to be a trader in a market that is risky and sensitive to security. I learned the cautious and good habits.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:31:11 PM

First thing bitfinex has been hacked multiple times and every time its users have lost their funds. Secondly never keep your coins on an exchange, period, thats like the first rule of crypto currencies. And even if you are going to keep them on exchanges than never keep them all on a single exchange.
Putting all eggs in one basket is not safe. if it is Bitfinex or Bittrex or Binance all are exchanging sites if they shut down overnight to whom we have to ask. So try to hold coins in multiple sites. I think all cryptocurrencies are not listed in all exchanging sites so practically also it is not possible.
akbitcoin

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:38:25 PM

I agree it isn't save to hold all cryptos in one exchange. But when I use hardware or desktop wallets I cann't use limit for orders.
So I try to use several big exchanges to hold cryptos I want to sell and all others on hardware wallets.
Ashimwe

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:43:23 PM

You should instead find hard wallets and other type of wallets where to store your coins instead on an exchange....remember you don't own anything if you don't hold your private keys,...remember what happened to bitgrail and all nano holders lost everything on the exchange
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:19:13 PM

If you are referring to storage, you shouldn’t store any cryptocurrencies on an exchange because they are at risk of a hack or the exchange losing your money. Only store them on a paper wallet or hardware wallet, or at least the coin’s wallet and secure your private keys.

If you are referring to trading, you have to have some on an exchange to trade. I don’t think it matters that much if you use one exchange or several to trade. I use 2 exchanges only because they have different coins that I can’t get on the other one.

Kolder

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:00:12 AM

If you are referring to storage, you shouldn’t store any cryptocurrencies on an exchange because they are at risk of a hack or the exchange losing your money. Only store them on a paper wallet or hardware wallet, or at least the coin’s wallet and secure your private keys.

If you are referring to trading, you have to have some on an exchange to trade. I don’t think it matters that much if you use one exchange or several to trade. I use 2 exchanges only because they have different coins that I can’t get on the other one.

It's impossible for all are to be listed on one exchange, they have different requirements that may not be complied by the new Alts, some exchange were to strict in listing that makes them much secured to do trading.

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:40:51 AM

It is always best to diversify. This advice does not only apply to investments, whether cryptocurrency-related or not, but also to all kinds of investment opportunities, and also to exchange platforms. Do not just focus on a single exchange platform. Well, in the first place, you will follow the exchange platforms of your favorite and potential coins so you cannot just settle with a single platform. But also if the single exchange platform that you use is in maintenance or crashing down, then you will also be stuck along with them. So you better use around 3 of the best exchanges.
Yeah agree, using some exchange will not be too confusing to you, at least it will make the risk of losing more smaller. yeah for example if the maintenance happen you will not be confused to wait because you have another coin in another exchange, or when the site down you still have another asset in another exchange. I think it would not hurt to split your coins in some exchanges
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:49:36 AM

The right answer has been posted in the beginning of the thread, I would like to add my own opinion. You should put your coins in your own wallet in which only you has the access of it, you own your master seed and it's your own responsible to keep it safe.

Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:55:08 AM

It is always best to diversify. This advice does not only apply to investments, whether cryptocurrency-related or not, but also to all kinds of investment opportunities, and also to exchange platforms. Do not just focus on a single exchange platform. Well, in the first place, you will follow the exchange platforms of your favorite and potential coins so you cannot just settle with a single platform. But also if the single exchange platform that you use is in maintenance or crashing down, then you will also be stuck along with them. So you better use around 3 of the best exchanges.
Yeah agree, using some exchange will not be too confusing to you, at least it will make the risk of losing more smaller. yeah for example if the maintenance happen you will not be confused to wait because you have another coin in another exchange, or when the site down you still have another asset in another exchange. I think it would not hurt to split your coins in some exchanges
Definitely, its good to have another backup of exchange in order to choose some potential one. Every coin has also a difficulties and struggle in the market so I think it must take some another coin and have great exchange .
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:05:31 AM

Definitely, its good to have another backup of exchange in order to choose some potential one. Every coin has also a difficulties and struggle in the market so I think it must take some another coin and have great exchange .
Much better to have multiple exchange to use as we never  knew when opportunities will show up, you can deal with arbitrage trading if you have multiple exchange and just in case hacked happen you still have some save coins from another exchange, as we can't predict how things works in this business, a lots of possible things that's needed to check and needed to take into considerations, we should take this advise not to place all your eggs in one basket to have back up in anyhow.
Roaid

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:14:34 AM

Think about mtgox. So always keep your crptocurrency separate.
But it does not mean that you have to put it all in your own wallet. After all, you can miss a lot of the market opportunities in your wallet and your third-party wallet at risk of being stolen.
I personally feel that the first, investment in crptocurrency  must be within the scope of the funds that you can afford, and then some of them are used as reserves in private wallets, and the other part is used as trading products and placed in the market.
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:08:52 AM

It is dangerous to store all the coins on one exchange. Use at least 3 exchanges, but the top ones, because there is less likelihood that something will happen to them. Keep on the stock exchange only the number of coins you need to trade.
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:46:46 AM

If you really have to use an exchange, use more than one.
At least, if something happens, you won't lose everything.
But a personal wallet on which you own the private key is of course safer.

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:50:12 AM

I think it is impossible to get all cryptocurrency in one exchange. Many cryptocurrency will be listed in multiple exchange and some would not be listed at certain exchange at the same time. It is not adviceable to keep all your coin at exchange either.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:06:31 AM

it's better you only have assets in one exchange place because if you play in exchange place more than 1 place you will confusion of asset that you have there which will surely forget and confused.
Jake2134

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:05:36 PM

Keep your coins at a very secure place that only you can access it. like ledger. because in ledger your coins is safe but of course you need to pay for that ledger but it's alright because you can loose alot if you don't store your coins properly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: