Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:46:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS IT ACTUALLY GOOD TO LIE SOMETIMES?  (Read 444 times)
Jon599$ (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:51:05 AM

I was nearly sacked from my 9-5 job.
I was terribly late so i had to lie to save myself. I felt terrible about it. I was wondering if its sometimes good to lie

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikey12

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:22:36 AM

Sometimes we have no option at the present circumstance we found ourselves thereby lie remain the only option...its good to lie sometimes.
Madeon

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:30:26 AM

I was terribly late so i had to lie to save myself. I felt terrible about it. I was wondering if its sometimes good to lie

I don't think its right to lie and in your case its something minor, but don't make a habit out of it! Today you lie about being late, tomorrow you do something worse and you lie.. and there you go, you have a habit out of it. So be carefully, it is good to feel terrible and reflect on it, learn from your mistake and try to be better next time!
orphendwight

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:36:42 AM

Yes if someone is abusing you, you need to lie. I mean if he/she is always using you.
shawncole

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:42:28 AM

It's never good to lie. You can rephrase it in a way that you don't want to answer certain things directly. It's some sort of mastering communication technique.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:31:50 AM

You should feel terrible about it, because what you did is not good. The company has lost productivity (and therefore money and possibly even customers) as a result of your tardiness, and because of your lie they aren't going to replace you with someone more reliable. It's not fair to the company, it's not fair to their customers, it's not fair to your prospective replacement. You're making money at other people's expense as a direct result of your lie. That's essentially fraud, and you fully deserve to be fired for that alone. Why would you ever think for a moment that this is acceptable behaviour?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:35:14 AM

Lying about your work is never a good idea, but in other situations it might save your life.
If your wife says "Do I look fat in this?" It's not always the best idea to tell the truth
Royal Script

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:32:58 AM

White list can be good depending on the situation and how you use it. There are things that needs to be lied to to make a better outcome.
Lionfortis178

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:35:38 AM

Meh sometimes it's easier and even less painful for somebody of you tell them a small lie. Don't make a habit out of it tho and don't lie to your SO, ever. Except maybe if you're planning a surprise or a present etc.
dotz5

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:15:11 AM

Some lies are okay but don't overdo it. To hide a lie, a thousand lies are needed.
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:17:29 AM

its never good to lie, sometime we just have no other choice but to lie to someone we love.

Kate1125

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:29:42 AM

Sometimes it is good to lie if your reason is also good. However, you have to protect yourself as you might get used to saying lies. We have "white lies", simple lies, or petty lies but they could also lead to big issues. Sometimes, when we feel something good about lying and not getting caught up, we do it again and that is alarming as it might become a habit.
Zickafa

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 10:34:14 AM

There is this white lie that you do to help save other people but ofcourse, the truth shall set you free so as much as possible, avoid lying and just face the consequences.
ibrar.noman

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:41:07 AM

it depends on the situation some time we have to self protect .
Kanye East

Activity: 104

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:42:30 AM

Yeah sometimes we can afford it. In some difficult situations we could lie and probably things would go better.
AsJoshScreams

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:07:17 AM

Yes it us but it depends upon the situation.. and sometimes its good to lie to escape from danger
Pintadj

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:39:04 PM

sometimes is need to lie..
Talentless

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:41:48 PM

I do believe that sometimes sincerity can hurt as much if not more than a lie to you and to others included.
But for example i try to be as open and sincere as possible with close people, if my girlfriend would ask me if shes fat and she was, i would say, yes you are fat, but with different words and different approach, we cant always be blunty sincere, but i dont think it would be a good thing to for example lie to that person and say, nah you are not, i would probably say something, "well maybe you gained some weight, but no worries we can start to go to gym or exercise together, that would be fun i feel like i got very lazy myself, maybe lets try to cook and eat clean fro a couple of months, just to see where this could bring us? SOmething like that".

This sentence would include some white lies about myself, just to make other person feel better. Aka "i want to try eat healthy, i want to exercise and so on". Thus i dont think that all lies are bad, you cant be 100% sincere all the time, mostly because other people have feelings and different approaches to different things. Of course there is a really thin line between those "white" lies and the evil ones..
Elexsis

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:49:25 PM

Yes if someone is abusing you, you need to lie. I mean if he/she is always using you.
Of course you will also notice if that person is abusing you or not, you should also know how to appraise so that you can stay away to that particular person. People will actually stay on you if you have money, there loyalty is based on what you have or what you can give to them.
abusofyan1

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:01:22 PM

certainly why not because that according to it is good for us, we must run it correctly depending on the perspective of the opinion people who agree and some who do not agree
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: