Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:56:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO or real coin which is better to invest in?  (Read 169 times)
donowa (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:50:55 AM

I have observed that most ICOs does not make it to the exchage. Meaning that investors will lose fund.
Is it not better to trade on extablished coins instead of dealing with icos?
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:55:06 AM

you should only invest in what you can predict and logically say it has a lower risk. it doesn't matter what it is. it can be an ICO or it can be an altcoin or anything else.
so far ICOs are the most unpredictable of all. which means investing in them is always going to have a much higher risk than investing in an altcoin which has already been around for a while and also has some charts which you can do additional analysis on.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:03:37 AM

I have observed that most ICOs does not make it to the exchage. Meaning that investors will lose fund.

I think ICO are those people that are advertising a coin? There are some ICOs that are good to invest with. You just have to pick a good one.
Mark 360

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:06:11 AM

I would recommend real coin as I feel ICO's are risky.
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:11:36 AM

you should only invest in what you can predict and logically say it has a lower risk. it doesn't matter what it is. it can be an ICO or it can be an altcoin or anything else.
so far ICOs are the most unpredictable of all. which means investing in them is always going to have a much higher risk than investing in an altcoin which has already been around for a while and also has some charts which you can do additional analysis on.

I agree with your exposure, which OP should do right now, looking for education on crypto knowledge. you will understand if you already have extensive insight into crypto, altcoin and investment. so try to find lots of discussion in this forum thread.
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:12:51 AM

I would recommend real coin as I feel ICO's are risky.
For me both real coin and ICO's are risky but for me they're just same in ICOs you can buy it in a very cheap price but ofcourse you need to background check the ICO first if it is scam or not and look for their projects but you need to wait i think half year to get your coins from ico and real coin are good too other of them are becoming successfully too, Real coins are good for the day traders.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 07:17:34 AM

real coins are always 1000 times better to invest in rather than any ICO even if some ICO could get lucky and give you a lot more profit, that still doesn't make it a better option. that only makes you lucky.

not to mention that when you invest in ICOs after a while your total result will be a big loss instead of a big win. but in investing in altcoins your total can be a big win instead.

--looking for signature--
Jimmy palumbo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:23:33 AM

First of all, this is the bitcoin section, and I think you're publishing it in the wrong place, and you should publish it in altcoin section.
If you're a beginner, I'd like you to start with BTC and ETH, because with the rigor of national regulation, maybe ICO will be illegal in the future.

AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:23:45 AM

real coin is better, but you need not a lot of money to invest in ICO, so you can take risk and invest in promising ICO, if can really bring profit.
giogio0504

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:31:58 AM

I think that its depends on the real coin which you are going to buy, if you are buying bitcoin or ETH, or smth like this, than real coin is better, but if you are buying some cheap coins, it does not meter, some ICOs might have more perspective.
Andrey Kozia

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:43:03 AM

Every person decides for themselves! In my opinion, it is very risky to invest your money in ICO, but it is very profitable! In my opinion, it is very risky to invest your money in ICO, but it is very profitable! And then no one will give a 100% guarantee that the project will work and bring you profit! And, in any case! But if you are a good analyst, you are familiar with the project, the team of this ICO, then it can be very good to earn! I for ICO!
anything9ce

Activity: 127
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:45:56 AM

i believe before anyone go into any business you should have a proper understanding about the business before going into it so that you can be able to take the required risk, cause its risky not to take a risk in any business . it doesn't matter what it is. it can be an ICO or it can be an altcoin or anything else.
so far ICOs are the most unpredictable of all. which means investing in them is always going to have a much higher risk than investing in an altcoin which has already been around for a while and also has some charts which you can do additional analysis on. get involved in investing
Twentyacoin

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:53:26 AM

Investing in bitcoin is always better than investing in an ico in the long run. Bitcoin goes 10x in 1 year, and stays that price. Icos go 30x, but then drop dramatically, like many good icos.
idgaf007

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:54:25 AM

depends on your risk tolerance. I personally prefer real solid coins because it will give me peace of mind in my investment. Having confidence in your coins is the key so you wont have those moments when you panick sell when the coin loses 50% of it's value. Ico can give high gains there is a chance that you can also lose all your money.

●  ▌█  Dbrain - AI happens  |  Sign up for Alpha  █▐  ●
A blockchain platform to collectively build AI apps
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:56:26 AM

Every investment got its own calculation of risk and profit and its your job to measure which investment is good enough and which one is the most suitable with your fund, there are lots of ICOs didnt make it to exchange and its true, however there are also lot of them who make it to exchange and if you're buying in ICOs you could've profit 3-5x times more than buying in exchanger. Everything come with risk, but in my opinion if you want to go long then go with ICOs, if you're going for short term or trading then you'll do fine with buying on exchanger
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:01:35 AM

Real coins ideally have a more significant standing than ICOs. If you're trying to play it "safe" with your money, I would say that you should stick to investing in actual coins.

ICOs on the other hand are extremely risky, but in the case that the project takes off, you can end up with much larger gains. Overall, if you're just getting into investing, diversifying across ICOs that you research could be a good idea. Otherwise, I would stick to actual coins just because of how many ico scams have been popping up.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:05:33 AM

From my perspective, both can be profitable regarding gaining profit. If you can judge properly a new ICO then it will not make any financial loss because you buy through the original price so that ICO would be the best option for making money a lot. On the other hand, a Real coin is also a good choice if the market will favor you otherwise there is a chance of getting lost your capital. So a good ICO could make you rich if you can select appropriately.
andreevaviktoriy77

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:22:50 PM

That in the ISO that it is normal to be a trader and invest in bitcoin, they all wait for their profit and that brings them closer by description. Therefore, here everyone chooses something that he will like.
szmisc2018

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:36:20 PM

thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:54:13 PM

I think ICO are those people that are advertising a coin? There are some ICOs that are good to invest with. You just have to pick a good one.
Yes youre right the investors involve in ICO project to invest their coins for picking tokens as their stock portfolio.They grab the opportunity to buy  because of a plus bonus percentage to stock it as their profits.And after the ICO Project's end and it is successfully implemented, this is a start that the investors sell their stock tokens.In every ICO involved there is many investors to buy token because they have a huge income to facillitate that.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: