Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:51:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to look for an ICO?  (Read 73 times)
imdada (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

quarkchain.io

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:01:05 AM

An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is a crowd funding campaign by the developers to raise funds for their project development, marketing and growth.
Before investing your money to any available ICO you see, what are the things you need to check?
Here is my list:

1. Check, read, and analyze the Whitepaper. It can be one pager or light paper but both explain the details of the project.
2. Look for the Roadmap.
Is it a long term goal? Future development? When it will be list to external exchange, developing another application, and so on.
3. Active community. A good project has a very active community to support each other.They should have at least the three primary social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram.
4. Active and updated at Ann Thread.
5. Benefits and Use. The most common uses in general are currency, platforms, payments, and utilities. Bitcoin is the most famous cryptocurrency. Ethereum is the most widespread used platform because of its smart contracts. Every ICO you will see has a purpose but look for a project that you believe will get a mass adoption or will make you feel that it will grow and you want to be part of the growth of that company.
6. Usable Application or Product.
Most ICO's were merely plans and papers where they would just start developing their application or product after raising funds. So, it is a positive sign for me if a company has an available app already that is tested in handling large volume of transactions.
7. Transparency.
Always check the token distribution or allocation.
8. Maximum Supply.
I really am not fan of tokens with billion of token total supply, especially the hundred billion. The lesser, the better.
9. The team.
The team is behind it all.  You should verify their names and affiliations especially in LinkedIn.

Some people do legit checking by confirming the amount of Ethereum that ICO already collected. They do it through verifying the ICO contract address if the amount of Ethereum that the ICO already collected that usually showed in the website is correct and same on what you can see on Ethereum blockchain. It can be verify tru Etherscan for ERC20 tokens. (For ERC20 based token)

What's your list in choosing ICO? and how can you know if it's a SCAM?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iblistenan

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:04:05 AM

All you mention above is true, also never invest in ICOs that promise you big reward like affiliate or bonus. I mean if it still small and make sense take it but if you find it strange like to big allocation for bonus, leave it. Probably that bonus just to attract you and take your money away after it.
MartoValenti

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:28:21 AM

I always look how the tokens will be used on the platform once it is life. And mostly I look if the tokens are needed to operate once the platform is life, because if the tokens are used only for payment on the platform and if you could replace the payment method from tokens to fiat, game over for the investors that hodl tokens. If this is easy to be done, I would probably pass the project.
hhussain

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:49:07 AM

Previous funding provided to the initial coins offerings is a factor that many venture capital investors look at before investing in an initial coin offering it is typical for any company raising funding through and ICO have any backing but in the case they do it would be interesting to know and would provide much information about the probability of its success
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:32:26 AM

There are some certain things to take note of when analyzing an ICO.
The purpose of the project.
The problem it is solving
The team and advisors, whether they are capable of delivering the project or not.
The roadmap
The hardcap, whether it is too high

MtheS

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:35:10 AM

I usually check on how big community . With a big Bitcointalk/Telegram community , then it might be potential

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ PROFEDE ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
⚫ DECENTRALIZED PROFESSIONAL PROTOCOL ⚫
⚫ OUR WEBSITE: https://profede.com/ ⚫
AISI

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:27:44 AM

AISI is the first Georgian cryptocurrency generated with the investing environment. B2B in the world of Blockchain technologies

Pre-ICO | 21.03.2018 - 21.04.2018 - 1 AISI = 0.02$
ICO | 10.05.2018 - 30.06.2018 - 1 AISI = 0.08$

For additional information please visit our:

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Telegram
Slack
VKontakte

CryptoLifeP

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:31:57 AM

An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is a crowd funding campaign by the developers to raise funds for their project development, marketing and growth.
Before investing your money to any available ICO you see, what are the things you need to check?
Here is my list:

1. Check, read, and analyze the Whitepaper. It can be one pager or light paper but both explain the details of the project.
2. Look for the Roadmap.
Is it a long term goal? Future development? When it will be list to external exchange, developing another application, and so on.
3. Active community. A good project has a very active community to support each other.They should have at least the three primary social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram.
4. Active and updated at Ann Thread.
5. Benefits and Use. The most common uses in general are currency, platforms, payments, and utilities. Bitcoin is the most famous cryptocurrency. Ethereum is the most widespread used platform because of its smart contracts. Every ICO you will see has a purpose but look for a project that you believe will get a mass adoption or will make you feel that it will grow and you want to be part of the growth of that company.
6. Usable Application or Product.
Most ICO's were merely plans and papers where they would just start developing their application or product after raising funds. So, it is a positive sign for me if a company has an available app already that is tested in handling large volume of transactions.
7. Transparency.
Always check the token distribution or allocation.
8. Maximum Supply.
I really am not fan of tokens with billion of token otal supply, especially the hundred billion. The lesser, the better.
9. The team.
The team is behind it all.  You should verify their names and affiliations especially in LinkedIn.

Some people do legit checking by confirming the amount of Ethereum that ICO already collected. They do it through verifying the ICO contract address if the amount of Ethereum that the ICO already collected that usually showed in the website is correct and same on what you can see on Ethereum blockchain. It can be verify tru Etherscan for ERC20 tokens. (For ERC20 based token)

What's your list in choosing ICO? and how can you know if it's a SCAM?

All ICOs could be scammed. Everything you need to do is diversify risks.

The next promising ICO is lccx.io. It is crypto exchange based in London.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: