Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:08:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to distinguish between a real ICO and all the scam?  (Read 191 times)
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:36:40 PM

So one of my inboxes gets plastered with ICO announcements which I always have considered scam and didn't even take a look.
Is it just to investigate here on the forum, or is there a trusted website that informs about legit ICOs and recommendations?
There is a legit site just like some ico rate site. But I think that the important thing is about trying to do your own diligence.

Make a deep research and try to take a look in various community feedbacks.

Icodrop seems the only legit site for me.

How do you even come to a decision in which ICOs you want to participate with the vast amount of new alt tokens that spring up like mushrooms all the time?
Because i was doing a deep research and that brings me to the conclusion to participate in the ico. I was participating in zilliqa and get 15x return and what's next?

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
DarkDrake

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:38:11 PM

if something is too good to be true it usually is.

all the ICO's that say 'this will bring you XXX in revenue/month' is most of the time a scam.

the ICO's that really do have a revenue share system or a staking system usually don't tell you how much you can expect to make simply because they would not have a clue until the product/company is launched.
emmmmm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:38:34 PM

Use some ico evaluation website is a good choice, I usually use Icorop and icobench this two site, icodrop can see white list is now on registration of the ico project, and icobench can see each expert score for the ico project.

De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:49:14 PM

One of my main criteria is if a company advertises not its product but a bounty campaign! Projects that organize charity campaigns for charity campaigns are usually a scam!
Anchor867

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:01:53 PM

it is hard to distinguish if the ICO is a scam or not because they're very sneaky they will scam the ICO on the end of the ICO but doing some research can be a great help it is simple task yet very helpful
Master One (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 02:21:24 PM

Lots of good advice, and of course it always gets down to the basics. Problem is, having looked through some recent announcements, there are some with a promising idea, but I'm somehow doubtful they can pull it off. There are too many projects and tokens already, it quickly gets extremely cumbersome to look through all the info and come to a conclusion. Right now I'm not sure what's next. I'm going to follow new announcements and see what the participation is going to be, others may be in a better position to identify the real potential and likelihood of being scam, I'm just overly skeptical.

sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:59:52 PM

So one of my inboxes gets plastered with ICO announcements which I always have considered scam and didn't even take a look.

Is it just to investigate here on the forum, or is there a trusted website that informs about legit ICOs and recommendations?

How do you even come to a decision in which ICOs you want to participate with the vast amount of new alt tokens that spring up like mushrooms all the time?
Before i put my investment into some random announcements, i always research on their whitepaper team and their idea that can or will be successful on disrupting something.

Reading a whitepaper is another way to know more about the said ICO, as long as they are detailed and more info to dig up. In addition you can make your own research and gather more sources to filter it. In that way, your selection process narrows and it can really help you to decide.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:05:38 AM
Merited by aioc (4)

The team composition and roadmap plus a good reviews coming from reputable publishing companies I don't mean the paid ones, these are all some of the criteria of course marketing also plays a major role, but if the project is legit people will market it even if they are not participating in the bounty campaign.
bigdogdan2

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:08:47 AM

Having a MVP (minimum viable product) and reputable and verifiable advisers help.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
sweeesh

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:21:29 AM

Its not always easy to pick which project will moon, but sometimes its too easy to pick which projects are scams.  Once the scammers get there game straight and put up halfway decent websites with some sort of white paper (wouldnt think it would be to hard) then it gets a bit more difficult.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:50:21 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 09:28:18 AM by Jaycee99

So you guys out there have problem with ICO with decision making in ICO feel free to click this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=watchlist

My campaign here is toping up in this list too and if you get to scan the different threads of ICO you can learn form it and invest in it to help them and in return you earn here. So if you want to know what is DIW check out my signature and you might get want you guys wanted.

The team composition and roadmap plus a good reviews coming from reputable publishing companies I don't mean the paid ones, these are all some of the criteria of course marketing also plays a major role, but if the project is legit people will market it even if they are not participating in the bounty campaign.

Right!! One should know and study and read so you can get what you want and back on my first answer on the top you should go there and see and read.

Before i put my investment into some random announcements, i always research on their whitepaper team and their idea that can or will be successful on disrupting something.

Reading a whitepaper is another way to know more about the said ICO, as long as they are detailed and more info to dig up. In addition you can make your own research and gather more sources to filter it. In that way, your selection process narrows and it can really help you to decide.

One should keep in mind if the ICO have an whitepaper some says that ICO is legit. So keep in mind reading should not be miss.

note that you atleast know the risk Smiley
acell101

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:01:33 AM

It is no rocket science. You should check every detail in whitepaper, website and ann page. You should check about backgrounds of people working on that certain project and do the math. It is up to you in the end.

It's always essential to do a super thorough research, basically, you should be looking for as much as info as you can find. Personal details, etc. But when then it might still be a scam. You can never be 100% sure.
Maybe we can go to google to research the name of the founder of the said ICO because fake ICO uses fake name and pictures to scam so we should research them if there were no results found or the picture doesn't match with the name it is probably fake. Also, don't invest in ICO wherein the founder is anonymous..its probably fraud.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: