Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to power on/off L3 and S9?  (Read 143 times)
fer344 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:20:25 PM

I am having problems when I power on/off my L3 and S9. My bitmain power supply are stop working, luckly I received tripled in my bitmain order and I still replacing them without problems.

The bitmain power supply power on and its fan works but do not power on my L3 or S9. If switch power supply L3 and S9 works fine.

Dunno if doing it right? Is there any protocol? Need I follow some steps in order to power on/off?

Thanks in advanced.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:13:35 PM

One really odd thing I have noticed with the APW3 pSU. Sometimes the fans on the PSU will come on but the psu will not output 12v. What I do to resolve this is unplug the PSU and wait 30-45 seconds for the fan to stop running and all the excess power in the caps to be drained. Then the PSU should power right up the next time you plug it in.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Raymond_B

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 04:17:58 PM

I am having problems when I power on/off my L3 and S9. My bitmain power supply are stop working, luckly I received tripled in my bitmain order and I still replacing them without problems.

The bitmain power supply power on and its fan works but do not power on my L3 or S9. If switch power supply L3 and S9 works fine.

Dunno if doing it right? Is there any protocol? Need I follow some steps in order to power on/off?

Thanks in advanced.

Are you 110v or 220v?

fer344 (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:35:21 PM

220V thanks for the responses!

One really odd thing I have noticed with the APW3 pSU. Sometimes the fans on the PSU will come on but the psu will not output 12v. What I do to resolve this is unplug the PSU and wait 30-45 seconds for the fan to stop running and all the excess power in the caps to be drained. Then the PSU should power right up the next time you plug it in.

I think the problem is in the PSU because It did not power on control board...

The question is...Is correct power on/off PSU throught switch?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 06:15:04 PM

My guest you receive a defective power supply since you have 3 power supply and the other power supply works fine then the 1 power supply is defective the only thing you can do now is to contact the bitmain support about your power supply then ask them if you should send it back to bitmain to replace a new one or there's other way to work the psu as new one..

I also suspected the cables maybe its not fixed properly from the psu that's why your miner not running. .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ccgllc
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Math doesn't care what you believe.

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:35:56 PM

I extensively had this problem with the PSUs were cold (like 40F).  Once they get to about 55F the majority work fine.  Had a couple out of 80 that wouldn't start until they hit 60F. 

Sounds like yours were on the edge, and plugging them in allowed them to warm up "just enough".

Mined for a living since 2017.  Dabbled for years before that.
Linux admin since 0.96 kernel and Slackware distributions on (4) floppies...
fer344 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:40:52 PM

I extensively had this problem with the PSUs were cold (like 40F).  Once they get to about 55F the majority work fine.  Had a couple out of 80 that wouldn't start until they hit 60F. 

Sounds like yours were on the edge, and plugging them in allowed them to warm up "just enough".

I think that was the problem... Now all works fine!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: