Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on CoinChat  (Read 1070 times)
TribalBob (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:03:27 PM

So, I learned about CoinChat today, where they pay you mBTC to chat. I have been there for a couple of hours and made 0.74 mBTC, not a lot but I am having fun and good conversation.

Has anyone else tried them and what are your thoughts...?

If anyone else is interested in checking them out, you can visit them at coinchat.org or sign up under my referral link: http://coinchat.org/r:TribalBob

Also, if anyone else has referral links for stuff, please feel free to post it in this thread and if it's interesting I will sign up under your referral link.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 12:04:57 PM

So, I learned about CoinChat today, where they pay you mBTC to chat. I have been there for a couple of hours and made 0.74 mBTC, not a lot but I am having fun and good conversation.

If anyone else is interested in checking them out, you can visit them at coinchat.org or sign up under my referral link: http://coinchat.org/r:TribalBob

Also, if anyone else has referral links for stuff, please feel free to post it in this thread and if it's interesting I will sign up under your referral link.

Found it to be quite snooty when I went there... You meet the odd good person but for the most part its a bunch of houty touty neanderthals sitting there talking about bullshit trying to make a quick buck.. Better of getting a job and buying BTC then fucking around with time wasters such as this.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:07:33 PM

Found it to be quite snooty when I went there... You meet the odd good person but for the most part its a bunch of houty touty neanderthals sitting there talking about bullshit trying to make a quick buck.. Better of getting a job and buying BTC then fucking around with time wasters such as this.

When did you last go there? That's something I've tried to address many times.

We're much network focused than room focused, create and moderate your own room and invite people you'd like to talk to. The mBTC is just a nice bonus, use it as a webchat client, not treat it like a job.
TribalBob (OP)

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:10:10 PM

Yikes! That is not the experience I've had at all, we have been talking about martial arts, the NSA, LOTS of joking around and have even found helpful and informative people there.

I think they even take punitive measures against beggars and people just chatting random crap.

Either way, you're right that it is definitely not the place to try and earn a paycheck, but I have been having fun there...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 12:10:40 PM

When did you last go there?

We're much network focused than room focused, create and moderate your own room and invite people you'd like to talk to.

A few days ago, Just the fact that you have to "prove" yourself to be white listed and then watch your mouth because heaven forbid you say something an admin doesn't agree with was offsetting for me.

I admit I'm not the easiest to get along with, But freedom of speech isn't really exercised there.. :/

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 12:11:25 PM

Yikes! That is not the experience I've had at all, we have been talking about martial arts, the NSA, LOTS of joking around and have even found helpful and informative people there.

I think they even take punitive measures against beggars and people just chatting random crap.

Either way, you're right that it is definitely not the place to try and earn a paycheck, but I have been having fun there...

I'm perhaps just a hated individual I guess.. Tongue

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TribalBob (OP)

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:17:25 PM

We're much network focused than room focused, create and moderate your own room and invite people you'd like to talk to.

A few days ago, Just the fact that you have to "prove" yourself to be white listed and then watch your mouth because heaven forbid you say something an admin doesn't agree with was offsetting for me.

I admit I'm not the easiest to get along with, But freedom of speech isn't really exercised there.. :/

I haven't experienced anything like that, I know they don't allow chat about illegal and NSFW type stuff, but that's just to keep the chat friendly enough for all users to comfortably use from what I gather and I have no problem with that, allowing chat about illegal and NSFW type stuff is just inviting trolls in to ruin the experience (IMO).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:25:43 PM

I'm sure it is just a measure to reduce the amount of spam. When observing the chat, some members appeared to be very friendly people. The admins are also very helpful from my experience.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:26:30 PM

You don't have to use the moderated rooms (#lobby #offtopic #bitcoin). Make your own and talk about whatever you want, as long as it's not abuse of the service or very illegal and you have no problem.

And now you don't need to be whitelisted to earn, you just need to be whitelisted to earn more.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 06:25:50 PM

It's allright if you have the time. Otherwise, it's not worth it unless you like talking.
pie3636

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 07:40:11 PM

I personally go on Coinchat to speak, like i would use IRC. The mBTC is only an appreciable bonus. And there are tons of nice people there !
GhanaGamboy

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

Dadice Fixed Rate.

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 08:57:26 PM

If your talktive person then why not, because you would talk elsewhere for free anyway  Smiley
mearylll

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:15:34 PM

Dont understand what I have to do to get whitelisted... maybe I dont have the patience for this or I need to be logged many hours everyday?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 01:37:10 AM

Dont understand what I have to do to get whitelisted... maybe I dont have the patience for this or I need to be logged many hours everyday?

A moderator needs to whitelist you.  If there are no mods online, you cannot get whitelisted.

When you get online type !mods , that will show you a list of moderators online.

If you see a mod is online, spend a good half hour/hour making nice quality posts that contribute to the conversation.  Then you can genuinely send a PM to the mod asking if you can be whitelisted.    Note that asking to be whitelisted in frowned upon, so make sure you make quality posts to make up for it.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:42:12 AM

Its actually pretty fun at times!
And ive made a few mBTC extra so thats always a plus!
 Smiley
cparsley

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:44:24 AM

Yes, a moderator needs to see you being a responsible person using the service to get whitelisted...

Think of CoinChat more of a place to chat, and less of a "hey I need to get some free mBTC" and you'll be fine!
didjaydisteele

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

All For Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:53:14 PM

Yeah, of course it should. Q
trevos

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:01:35 PM

I did not try it but I just received a pm with a ref link to that website.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:23:39 PM

I did not try it but I just received a pm with a ref link to that website.

Never received spammy PM here, but maybe Im just lucky  Cheesy
saif313

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:38:26 AM

I try this site and whitlisted in 2 days but don't no why after 4 days one mod done me again unwhite and no reason so I never again on this site but its good not a bad site admin doing good work to keep this more attractive

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: