Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:28:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: binaryFate & Caesium's Mystery Box Transparency Thread  (Read 979 times)
Caesium (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:29:17 PM

Hello, first off sorry if this is the wrong area, feel free to move it, I couldn't see a better subforum.

This is a public declaration of my intent to resell the 'mystery box' as we'll call it, to binaryFate, and an audit trail for others to see payment is made etc.

The 'mystery box' is, to the best of my knowledge, a box of USB miners being sent from ASICMINER. I have reason to believe there's 20 in it, going by:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282910.msg3196578#msg3196578 and
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282910.msg3196946#msg3196946
and also given that I also purchased 4 blades in batch 2 (you can dig out my winning bid in that crazy second auction thread yourself, it's non-editable anyway.)

We've hashed out some details in PM, so here goes:
- I have DHL tracking saying package is enroute from Shenzhen, I expect to get it in a week or less.
- binaryFate has agreed to send 1 BTC to 1Gh5SG1A6n8Nrw4pCG9Jf4AECFF7ko4tYd as payment for it this evening. This covers both the importation fee and cost of reposting it onwards.
- I'll pay the £58 importation fee as soon as 1 BTC received (if no BTC received, I'll just refuse delivery in a week and have it sent back).
- Fluctuations in BTC value between now and reposting the box have no bearing on this agreement, I won't ask for more if BTC drops to $1, binaryFate won't ask for a refund if it soars to $300.
- I'll provide binaryFate with the DHL tracking link at this time as well.
- I'll relabel and send onto binaryFate the unopened box the same day it arrives (please PM me the address binaryFate)
- I'll use the best available postage within reason, to try and get some tracking details (I know this is ambiguous, but I don't know what's available to send a package of unknown size to an unknown address right now, all I know is the destination country!)

I've added a few extra points in besides what we discussed in PM so please read those over binaryFate (notably the BTC value and the tracking link)

from PM:
- 1 BTC is ok. (I can pay upfront).
- In exchange of the payment, you'll get the box, and send it to me. The box should not be open so I know nothing will be missing. Whatever is in the box is not part of the deal, so you agree not to change your mind even if you knew what is inside, I agree not to complain if there is not much in it.
- Yes, if we do things right, a public thread would be perfect. Could you create it?
and I hereby agree with the above statements.

If anyone sees any detail I obviously missed please point it out.

If you're happy with all that binaryFate, please quote me and send payment, will confirm once received and be in regular contact on this thread Smiley

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:43:13 PM

Hello, first off sorry if this is the wrong area, feel free to move it, I couldn't see a better subforum.

This is a public declaration of my intent to resell the 'mystery box' as we'll call it, to binaryFate, and an audit trail for others to see payment is made etc.

The 'mystery box' is, to the best of my knowledge, a box of USB miners being sent from ASICMINER. I have reason to believe there's 20 in it, going by:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282910.msg3196578#msg3196578 and
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282910.msg3196946#msg3196946
and also given that I also purchased 4 blades in batch 2 (you can dig out my winning bid in that crazy second auction thread yourself, it's non-editable anyway.)

We've hashed out some details in PM, so here goes:
- I have DHL tracking saying package is enroute from Shenzhen, I expect to get it in a week or less.
- binaryFate has agreed to send 1 BTC to 1Gh5SG1A6n8Nrw4pCG9Jf4AECFF7ko4tYd as payment for it this evening. This covers both the importation fee and cost of reposting it onwards.
- I'll pay the £58 importation fee as soon as 1 BTC received (if no BTC received, I'll just refuse delivery in a week and have it sent back).
- Fluctuations in BTC value between now and reposting the box have no bearing on this agreement, I won't ask for more if BTC drops to $1, binaryFate won't ask for a refund if it soars to $300.
- I'll provide binaryFate with the DHL tracking link at this time as well.
- I'll relabel and send onto binaryFate the unopened box the same day it arrives (please PM me the address binaryFate)
- I'll use the best available postage within reason, to try and get some tracking details (I know this is ambiguous, but I don't know what's available to send a package of unknown size to an unknown address right now, all I know is the destination country!)

I've added a few extra points in besides what we discussed in PM so please read those over binaryFate (notably the BTC value and the tracking link)

from PM:
- 1 BTC is ok. (I can pay upfront).
- In exchange of the payment, you'll get the box, and send it to me. The box should not be open so I know nothing will be missing. Whatever is in the box is not part of the deal, so you agree not to change your mind even if you knew what is inside, I agree not to complain if there is not much in it.
- Yes, if we do things right, a public thread would be perfect. Could you create it?
and I hereby agree with the above statements.

If anyone sees any detail I obviously missed please point it out.

If you're happy with all that binaryFate, please quote me and send payment, will confirm once received and be in regular contact on this thread Smiley

Thanks for writing this down!
I agree with all the points and will let you know when the payment is done.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
binaryFate
Legendary

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:01:42 PM

Payment done. Tx here:
https://blockchain.info/tx/72aba999f5d4a449cef53493c04f94053f2afb623f1f973cca3f27668a9624e4

Proof of ownership for address 1FBtNbkdj4mgn5epn3tZRKcA4zTGnefnxZ:
-- message --
I confirm the payment of 1BTC to Caesium address 1Gh5SG1A6n8Nrw4pCG9Jf4AECFF7ko4tYd for the "mystery box" deal, the 20/09/2013.
-- signature --
HwVjt0un9CuGGw9L4E4LkeShl9f61GdZubQ5U9VTlxTYLbpPKv/CynJwu4HHXEEiWnqdqJh/o4WgWiLwVOLd9+A=
--------------

Caesium, please confirm the payment here, and send me any relevant info you could have regarding shipping by PM.
I will PM my personal info to you right now!

Thanks for the deal!  Smiley

Caesium (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:46:51 PM

Confirmed received. PMing you the DHL details and I'll make payment for the import too.

binaryFate
Legendary

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 01:16:30 PM

I got the DHL tracking number of the magic box from Caesium, and I have sent him my address.
Apparently I have no way to check through DHL that the importing fees have been paid. Caesium, if I see over the next days that the box is moving from Hong-Kong, it means you paid the fees, right?

Caesium (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 02:26:22 PM

I'm not sure what happens if the import fees aren't paid to be honest, I rather suspect that it would arrive in the UK anyway and they'd just keep sending me angrier and angrier letters about it before actually delivering it to me.

But regardless, it has been paid - I can PM you the transaction number which you could probably verify by calling DHL UK (thought it'd probably have to be Monday now), if you liked?

binaryFate
Legendary

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 02:35:04 PM

I'm not sure what happens if the import fees aren't paid to be honest, I rather suspect that it would arrive in the UK anyway and they'd just keep sending me angrier and angrier letters about it before actually delivering it to me.

But regardless, it has been paid - I can PM you the transaction number which you could probably verify by calling DHL UK (thought it'd probably have to be Monday now), if you liked?

Ok, nice. If things get too much delayed I can still ask you the transaction number later. I trust you for now, no problem.  Smiley

Caesium (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:02:09 AM

Box arrived, quicker than I expected. Dying to know whats inside Smiley

Looking at quotes to get it resent now, best I've found so far is TNT at £50, bit more than I was hoping.. It's heavier than I expected.

Caesium (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:12:07 AM

Ok, pickup is arranged for tomorrow. I'll PM you a tracking link.

It ended up costing me £56 to post which is way more than I anticipated, so I'm at a slight loss over the entire thing, but never mind.

binaryFate
Legendary

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:59:54 PM

I finally got the box (the delay was my fault, I was out of the country for a bitcoin conference).
The content is in good shape, the box was not open, everything is cool.

I've made a transaction of 0.4BTC to the address you provided to cover the higher expenses for the shipment:
6501ccf77ba6a1379f93e9bcefb0589b07fb3b9b894818e6544b4a4d741f8b2f

Thanks a lot Caesium! Everything went smooth, was nice to deal with you Smiley

Caesium (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:10:34 PM

Thanks binaryFate Smiley

Pleasure doing business! Enjoy the hashing Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: