Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:03:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FACEBOOK Crypto ban- how to circumvent?  (Read 160 times)
nlrsen (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:37:40 PM

I guess I am not the only one who have noticed that in spite of the so-called crypto-ban on Facebook, many ads are coming through anyway, and not by writing "bitcoin" with a zero.

How is this possible? is there anyone who might know how you work around the ban, when you have a decent company that you would like to promote:-)

Thanks in advance, looking forward to your insights,
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 05:40:50 PM

Don't try and get through their TOS, it will only end badly. This was a good move by Facebook in helping its users. 

Positivebetting
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:46:28 PM

I guess I am not the only one who have noticed that in spite of the so-called crypto-ban on Facebook, many ads are coming through anyway, and not by writing "bitcoin" with a zero.

How is this possible? is there anyone who might know how you work around the ban, when you have a decent company that you would like to promote:-)

I'm not 100% sure of this but my guess is that the ad's are vetted manually and so can be placed before being vetted. They probably have to sign or check something that states they are not related to cryptocurrencies. These ICOs can get in to some major legal issues with Facebook.

The other option that could be true and I'm not 100% sure on this but they could just be adverts that aren't actually offering to sell coins or such, that way it may allow them to surpass the rules?

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
nlrsen (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:25:11 AM

But is it just me, or are we seeing just as many crypto ads as before?

How do these get through.

What are facebooks measures - is it real people reviewing the ads or just algorithms?
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:31:48 AM

I still see so many ads about cryptocurrency I don't know if they implement that ban right, I think it has something to do with algorithm, some ads can get pass through that, and in fact so many crypto currency pages and groups are still existing, the ban is useless, they should have not implement that at all, because there is huge profit to be made there.

nlrsen (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:39:40 AM

I still see so many ads about cryptocurrency I don't know if they implement that ban right, I think it has something to do with algorithm, some ads can get pass through that, and in fact so many crypto currency pages and groups are still existing, the ban is useless, they should have not implement that at all, because there is huge profit to be made there.

Agree, the thing is, i'm part of a smaller company where we are promoting investments within blockchain (an index fund) and we are doing it very sensible and in compliance with everything (most of the team has worked in licensed asset mgm before). Even with ads, that are very decent in their wording, we cannot get through, it seems as though the word "blockchain" just sets everything off -

Does anyone have any insider info on this crypto-ban, and why it is that we are seeing all these ads still?

It can't be that these campaigns were booked in before the ban was announced, right? because there is still a lot.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:59:38 AM

But is it just me, or are we seeing just as many crypto ads as before?

How do these get through.

What are facebooks measures - is it real people reviewing the ads or just algorithms?

It's possible that they simply announced a ban to deter people from even trying to advertise, but haven't yet put anything in place to block the ads.

Study the ads you see, note the keywords they use and don't use (you are trying to work out what is acceptable to Facebook). Then do a small cheap test of your own to see if they accept the ad.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:39:17 AM

But sooner or later Facebook will caught on you and the worst thing  that can happened its that your account can be ban. But I'm not sure though if its permanent or something.

So I wouldn't advise to circumvent it. There are other social media that you can advertisement your ICO and not only on Facebook.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:45:50 AM

Don't try and get through their TOS, it will only end badly. This was a good move by Facebook in helping its users. 

If you will lost acc with Bitcoin that platorm don't deserve of you.
People should disconnect form this pice of shit.
I belive that some day we wil have some crypto relates such project.
And it will be conected to BTC ass well.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
p i e c e

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:05:09 AM

I still can not believe that Facebook is so hostile toward the cryptocurrencies. It looks strange for me. Mark Zukerberg had in plans to organize his own cryptocurrency and maybe exchange. Does he think so still?
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:13:14 AM

maybe like everyone else, Facebook banned anything ICO related not in general cryptocurrency related. and that happens a lot actually. I have never bothered to check the real announcement by Facebook, only saw the bullshit that news sites post and that can easily be wrong.
in fact it is pretty common that the bans are regarding ICOs since they are the main scams and the main reason why there is a ban in first place. and funny thing is the news always reports this as bitcoin or crypto ban in general!!!

Only Bitcoin
nlrsen (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:51:07 PM

maybe like everyone else, Facebook banned anything ICO related not in general cryptocurrency related. and that happens a lot actually. I have never bothered to check the real announcement by Facebook, only saw the bullshit that news sites post and that can easily be wrong.
in fact it is pretty common that the bans are regarding ICOs since they are the main scams and the main reason why there is a ban in first place. and funny thing is the news always reports this as bitcoin or crypto ban in general!!!

Well the thing is that it is actually across everything crypto - in our case for example the trigger word which means that the ad doesn't get through is "blockchain".

But how some do get through, I am really in doubt - someone out there must know the way, the loophole which is being used.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:56:15 PM

I don't see any ads related to ICO after that banned announced but there is nothing wrong is the pages promotes it because there are lots of fan pages available with huge followers so they may promoted that ads.
But now I realized that google is promoting lot of ads about new ICO,even in the google apps and playstore apps the ads are coming so I don't think the facebook ban made a big impact on the crypto field.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
songphi

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:48:11 AM

Marinecoin with friendly system and fast processing speed. The speed is 500% faster than bitcoin. That saves your time and money
Community with the participation of people around the world. A strong community and always welcome you.
When you join the Marinecoin community with a reward of 450000 MTC.
Join the Marinecoin community and enjoy the fun.
https://marineco.in/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: